How do I fix a rejected return?
If your e-filed return is rejected:
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- Under the "rejected" message, click Fix It Now.
- Carefully follow the on-screen instructions to correct whatever may be causing the rejection.
- Tip: Now's the time to make any needed changes to your return, for example adding another W-2 or 1099 that you received after you e-filed.
- When finished, either re-transmit your return or follow the directions to file by mail if it's one of those rejections that cannot be corrected.
- E-file rejection errors IND-031-02 or IND-032-02: The e-filing PIN or prior year AGI does not match
- E-file rejection errors FW2G-502, FW2-502, F1099R-502-02, or F2439-502-01
- E-file rejection errors F1040A-524-01, F1040A-525-02, F1040-524-01, F1040-525-02, or F1040EZ-525-02
- E-file rejection R0000-507-01: Someone has already filed a return with the IRS this year using your dependent's Social Security number (SSN)
- E-file reject R0000-504-02: The dependent's Social Security number and last name on this return do not match what the IRS has in its records
- E-file rejection error R0000-500-01: Primary taxpayer's Social Security number or name doesn't match
- When a tax return can't be e-filed no matter what you do