How do I fix a rejected return?
If you tax return was rejected multiple times, we recommend that you print and mail your tax return.
Follow these steps to fix your taxes and attempt to e-file them again:
- Sign in and click the Take me to my return button.
- Under the "rejected" message, click Fix It Now.
- Carefully follow the on-screen instructions to correct whatever may be causing the rejection.
- Tip: Now's the time to make any needed changes to your return, for example adding another W-2 or 1099 that you received after you e-filed.
- When finished, either re-transmit your return or follow the directions to file by mail if it's one of those rejections that cannot be corrected
You cannot fix a rejected return with the TurboTax mobile app. If you used the app and were rejected, you can fix it by going to TurboTax.com with an internet browser on a computer or a mobile device.