E-file reject F8962-070 happens when your return is missing Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. The IRS compares the information you enter on your return with what they have in their database. When something's missing or mismatched, your return gets rejected.
First, find your 1095-A form. If you don’t have it, sign in to your healthcare.gov account and download it. Forms were mailed out at the end of January.
Once you have your form:
- Sign in to TurboTax and select Fix my return
- On the Let's fix your returns and then refile screen, select Fix it now
- Select Continue on the Let's take a look at your return screen
- You’ll get taken back to the Keep going to refile your returns screen. From here, select Federal from the left menu
- Select Deductions & Credits from the top menu and scroll down to Medical. Select Show more
- Select Start or Revisit next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)
- Answer the questions and continue through to enter the details from your Form 1095-A
- When you’re done, select File from the left menu and continue through to refile your return