This rejection occurs when the payer's federal ID number on the W-2G doesn't match the IRS's records.
- Sign in to TurboTax.
- On the Tax Home screen, select Fix my return in the Your 2023 taxes need attention box.
- On the next screen, select Fix it now next to Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- On the EIN does not match the IRS records screen, make sure the Payer's EIN entered exactly matches what's on your W-2G form.
- If this ID number is wrong, select No.
- If this ID number matches what's on your W-2G, select Other options on this page to see other solutions.
- You'll need to correct this number on your federal tax return. Select Federal from the menu, then Wages & Income.
- On the Great! We've got your income info screen, select Edit/Add next to Gambling winnings. On the next screen, select Edit next to the W-2G that contains incorrect info.
- Correct the Payer Federal Identification number and select Continue.
- On the Here's your W-2G info screen, select Done, and continue through the screens until you reach Your income.
- Select File in the menu, then select Continue to refile your return.