turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

WMRWJR

Rejected taxes

Thank you so much for your response. This issue fortunately has been resolved.

Plizanich59
Returning Member

Rejected taxes

I will never use your services again ever ever ever it has not been resolved and I put the amount in numerous times or 0 as you have requested

climiero

Rejected taxes

I don't owe any thing I always got a refund back this happenes to me before cause I moved from Illinois to California and when I did taxes is California I needed a 5 digit PIN and now I need it again now I back in  Illinois 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Rejected taxes

See the following link for more information.  You can use either the 5 digit PIN or your Adjusted Gross Income from your 2018 tax return.

5 digit PIN

If you have an 6 digit PIN from the IRS, this is used to verify your identity if you have been a victim identity theft in the past.

5 digit PIN vs. IP PIN

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Rejected taxes

My federal taxes are rejected. It says I have already filed

IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Rejected taxes

The IRS uses your prior year AGI to combat fraud. 

You can find your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) by:

• Looking at line 7 on page 2 of your 2018 Form 1040; or
  • You can request a transcript of your 2018 tax return from the IRS to ensure you have the right number. You can request your transcript online at the following link: Get Transcript 

Check these items as well to ensure you have the correct number.  If you:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.
  • Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2018 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).

Time-saving Tip: If what you entered is correct and you continue to get a reject, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed. In this case, your only option would be to print and mail in your return.

This article will give you instruction on how to print and mail your return.

Faithy1
Returning Member

Rejected taxes

R0000-504-02 is the code that comes back saying the e file is rejected

Faithy1
Returning Member

Rejected taxes

What is the AGI

Rejected taxes

Reject code 504

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/e-file-reject-r0000-504-02-the-name-or-social-secu... 

AGI is Adjusted Gross Income.  You need your 2018 AGI to efile 2019. The AGI is on 2018 1040 line 7. If you filed a Joint return you use the same AGI for each spouse.

How to find the AGI.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

Rejected taxes

I got the letter with the e-file PIN that is 6-digits.  The space allowed in the form will only allow 5-digits?

Rejected taxes

I couldn't find my taxes from last year to give the AGI Number

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Rejected taxes

@MAMAFAYE09 

First, make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as in prior years. Otherwise, the below instructions won't work.

If you're signing in for the first time this year, we may ask you some questions before you get to the Tax Home screen where you can access your prior year returns. 

If you need to find an account, our account recovery tool can help you find your User ID or password.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for additional assistance:

Rejected taxes

I just found the AGI from 2019 Taxes. How can I put the right information in

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Rejected taxes

Here are steps to add your AGI to your tax return. 

1. From the menu on the left, select File (tap in the upper-left corner to expand the menu on mobile devices). This will put you on the [Name], just X more steps and we'll file your returns screen.
  2. Go to Step 3 (if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3).
  3. Proceed, and make sure you've selected the option I want to e-file.
  4. Continue through the screens, and soon you'll see the place to enter your AGI.
  5. Keep going until you’ve re-transmitted your return.

"DoninGA"

Rejected taxes

What pin 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies