Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
What's the most logical way to pay for college tuition if you expect to pay it in the coming years? Is it best to withdrawal from 401k account? Or open a 529 account? Or do nothing? Or something else? Thanks!
sum_student ‎Posted Tuesday
I have several rental properties with a partner we are members of an equally owned LLP and file our taxes as such, each receiving a K1 using turbo tax.Iam looking to buy him out this year. I would probably just buy all the shares of a LLP converting ... read more
ene777ene ‎Posted Monday
I invest my money with my friend flipping the property, at the end of the sale he gives me my profit and 1099 misc, in column 7. IS this correct?. since I did not work with him or for him, I only invested money. I am the only investor of the property... read more
shafiq ‎Posted April 27, 2020 | Latest post a week ago by shafiq
In Nov of 19, I cashed out all of my stocks shares (2266) in an investment account that I have had for roughly 30 years. I have not contributed to the account for over 20 years, it just kept building up on its own. I received a 1099-B which 851 share... read more
SteveS58 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by GiseleD
We started a house flipping business last year. We bought a property and did improvements late 2019, and sold the house early 2020. Our contractor was paid Nov/Dec 2019. Since 2019 didn't generate any income for our business, can I carry forward this... read more
REI-hiker ‎Posted a week ago
Hello,I am trying to get a better understanding of After Tax 401K contribution and IRA Rollover. Let's say I invest an additional $10,000 annually into my 401K After Tax and roll this into an IRA. It's my understanding that I would roll over the cont... read more
TheBills ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by macuser_22
If I was to make a profit from one stock with in less than a year but immediately put it into another, would I need to pay the taxes on the previous earnings?
BrandonLin1 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by TomYoung
WA state where homestead exemption is $125000. Now if someone owns a single family house worth $220000 and worried about potential lawsuit.He is considering putting this home in to a LLC. Can someone explain what are the advantages and disadvantages?... read more
curious4913 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Critter
I am just starting out and have a pretty decent credit score. I’m also starting save up some money but I like to plan ahead. What are a few things you guys would suggest to start investing? What should I look for?
Needurwisdompls1 ‎Posted October 26, 2018 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by GrandDad
So for one extra form, I am being forced to purchase Premier that cost more than what I made from selling my stocks? How is this fair? Now I understand why people dislike Turbo so much and why you all fight so hard to make filing taxes impossible for... read more
Miguel0514 ‎Posted February 2, 2020 | Latest post a month ago by Ebro
I filed my 2019 return before I received a 1099 from Robinhood for the stocks I owned that year. I am trying to find a way to amend my taxes to add them and so far I have not been able to figure this out. Would it be possible to claim them on next ye... read more
jkellerman97 ‎Posted April 30, 2020 | Latest post May 29, 2020 by firefox2394
The company I work for was providing a 5% match. I invest well over the 55 match but they have recently canceled the match like a lot of companies. I have reduced it to 5% even without match to boost my savings and build up money in my brokerage acco... read more
MustLoveSubies ‎Posted May 23, 2020 | Latest post May 23, 2020 by macuser_22
Hello, I made the mistake of contributing to my wife's and my Roth IRA accounts in 2018 and then subsequently filing separately to reduce her student loan repayment (she should qualify for PSLF in another 5 years). I did not realize at the time that ... read more
ytt ‎Posted December 15, 2019 | Latest post May 18, 2020 by macuser_22
Does anyone know if this is possible? After entering the amount converted from a Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA, the Premium Tax Credit (PTC) went away. It now appears that I owe not only the tax on the converted amount (from traditional to Roth) I no... read more
lisaannsala ‎Posted May 6, 2020 | Latest post May 17, 2020 by macuser_22
Bristol Myers Squibb acquired Celgene in November 2019. I'm not sure how to reflect the information on the 1099 and 1009 B by brokerage provided. I owned 320 Celgene shares on the date of the merger, 11/22/19 and the same number afterward. For each s... read more
sjt67 ‎Posted March 6, 2020 | Latest post May 17, 2020 by fanfare
Top Contributors