Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I sold a residential rental property in 2019 and the passive losses made my 2019 AGI go negative. Can I carry the remaining loss over to my 2020 taxes? If so, how do I do that as I didn't see anywhere on Schedule E or on my 1040 to do that.
Joseph00 ‎Posted May 30, 2021 | Latest post Thursday by tagteam
I am planning to invest in a REIT and as a current business owner, I know the benefits of having a business and using deductions and expenses. Would the dividends from the REIT count as business income that could go towards business expenses if creat... read more
maschhoff55 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by tagteam
I am currently (VA medically) rated at 100% PERMENTANT & DISABLED due to my ongoing Combat PTSD. I am currently working full-time with FMLA absence and unexpected leave protection due to my ongoing VA medical appointments or unexpected PTSD episodes.... read more
scharger59 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by DoninGA
I have paid several thousand dollars for charting program expenses and for market news letters this year. Are these deductible expenses and if so, how do I enter them into my TurboTax Premier program? My market profits greatly exceed these expenses. ... read more
Txcolonel ‎Posted June 18, 2021 | Latest post a month ago by Bsch4477
I recently sold some holdings in my traditional IRA account that are underperforming. I have enough cash in the IRA now where I could fund 2022 Contribution. Can I use some of that cash to fund my 2022 contribution without penalty? or taxes (ie it be... read more
TuckerdogAVL ‎Posted September 15, 2021 | Latest post September 15, 2021 by macuser_22
How do I input my loss from a limited partnership that went bankrupt in 2021? I invested in the project in 2014 and have been receiving K-1's every year showing my initial investment with no other entries. It was a real estate development project. Th... read more
BillG1947 ‎Posted July 17, 2021 | Latest post August 13, 2021 by martinmarks
Hello, I was wondering if TurboTax Premier (or any TurboTax product) allows for processing taxes associated with trading of cryptocurrency (e.g., bitcoin) futures without having to file a paper form? Can anyone help with that? Thanks!
Morning_Man ‎Posted August 6, 2021 | Latest post August 6, 2021 by martinmarks
I have an out of state investment that I will receive a 1099-MISC on for rents paid on farm equipment that I own. This is a passive investment and not a business in any way, shape, or form. I am an Ohio resident, and the equipment is located in Oklah... read more
sidekickin ‎Posted July 28, 2021 | Latest post August 5, 2021 by SundayInSalem
are 401k contributions based on paycheck date, or is it based on the date in which the money from the paycheck actually HITS the 401k trustee? Basically, is it based on paycheck date or activity date
melissaforpeace315 ‎Posted July 31, 2021 | Latest post July 31, 2021 by macuser_22
Currently sitting on capital gains of $5M. Looking for some advice on how to limit taxes if I were to liquidate today.
Kevin McConnell ‎Posted July 28, 2021 | Latest post July 28, 2021 by Kevin McConnell
For my seasoned daytraders, I recently took up daytrading and I heard about the tax stuff and got a little scared. So my question is Sec. 475 Mark-to-market Election. In order to claim it for the 2021 Tax year, can I file the election when I file my ... read more
Trader ‎Posted July 26, 2021 | Latest post July 26, 2021 by martinmarks
I had an HSA account with my old employer. I quit that job, and started a new job and thus have an HSA account with a different administrator. My question is what is the difference between a rollover and transfer? Am I correct in assuming that a roll... read more
melissaforpeace315 ‎Posted July 12, 2021 | Latest post July 13, 2021 by Opus 17
where do i input 1099R on my tax return?
jjwilson628 ‎Posted July 7, 2021 | Latest post July 7, 2021 by VolvoGirl
I inherited my mom's house and sold it for more than the fair market value at the date of death. Will I have to pay capital gains taxes on the sale if I invest the whole amount into a new property? This will not be my primary residence.
mmoorefam4 ‎Posted June 3, 2021 | Latest post July 6, 2021 by martinmarks
I've been thinking about buying an apartment in Mexico City which, once built (in like 3 years), will generate monthly dividends. In Mexico, what I've been told, is that you pay a 10% tax on these dividends. But will I have to pay extra taxes in the ... read more
SDLC ‎Posted May 23, 2021 | Latest post July 6, 2021 by Opus 17
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings