Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
The company I work for was providing a 5% match. I invest well over the 55 match but they have recently canceled the match like a lot of companies. I have reduced it to 5% even without match to boost my savings and build up money in my brokerage acco... read more
MustLoveSubies ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by macuser_22
Hello, I made the mistake of contributing to my wife's and my Roth IRA accounts in 2018 and then subsequently filing separately to reduce her student loan repayment (she should qualify for PSLF in another 5 years). I did not realize at the time that ... read more
ytt ‎Posted December 15, 2019 | Latest post a week ago by macuser_22
Does anyone know if this is possible? After entering the amount converted from a Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA, the Premium Tax Credit (PTC) went away. It now appears that I owe not only the tax on the converted amount (from traditional to Roth) I no... read more
lisaannsala ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by macuser_22
Bristol Myers Squibb acquired Celgene in November 2019. I'm not sure how to reflect the information on the 1099 and 1009 B by brokerage provided. I owned 320 Celgene shares on the date of the merger, 11/22/19 and the same number afterward. For each s... read more
sjt67 ‎Posted March 6, 2020 | Latest post a week ago by fanfare
Do co-owners on an investment, filing separate taxes, add dividends to their income each?
fajaso ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by LudwigVan_fan
When my E Trade account information was loaded to my return, all transaction activity (sale, capital gain, cost basis, etc) came across fine. However, Federal Tax was taken out at the time of the transaction activity which is NOT found anywhere on th... read more
djblackstone ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by AnnetteB6
How do I find the source of a calculated number in 2019 TurboTax Premier download version?
Andy-P ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by Andy-P
I filed my 2019 return before I received a 1099 from Robinhood for the stocks I owned that year. I am trying to find a way to amend my taxes to add them and so far I have not been able to figure this out. Would it be possible to claim them on next ye... read more
jkellerman97 ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by AnnetteB6
graimo ‎Posted 3 weeks ago
So for one extra form, I am being forced to purchase Premier that cost more than what I made from selling my stocks? How is this fair? Now I understand why people dislike Turbo so much and why you all fight so hard to make filing taxes impossible for... read more
Miguel0514 ‎Posted February 2, 2020 | Latest post 4 weeks ago by xmasbaby0
I give my money to my friend to buy a home, he buys the home in his name and then does all the work and resells it, we split the profit 50 50. I rollover my profit and give it back to my friend to buy another home. At the end of the year he gave me $... read more
shafiq ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by DavidS127
I sold some stock that was converted from a MetLife insurance policy years ago. - The 1099B says FIFO for Cost Basis Method. I did an import from Computershare and the field is still blank - how should I proceed? Any suggestions would be greatly appr... read more
2faithcooks ‎Posted April 24, 2020 | Latest post 4 weeks ago by GiseleD
I invest my money with my friend flipping the property, at the end of the sale he gives me my profit and 1099 misc, in column 7. IS this correct?. since I did not work with him or for him, I only invested money. I am the only investor of the property... read more
shafiq ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by RobertG
Using Code AH rather than Code Z on Box 20 of the Schedule K-1 has significant and negative tax consequences. TurboTax will not apply the deduction you should get, you MUST enter Code Z amounts under Code Z. Open this post for a solution !
johnshops ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by johnshops
I was over 591/2 when I withdrew from 403(b) funds and rolled into an IRA at my credit union. Within 30 days I then withdrew from that IRA to purchase a second home. I did not pay tax on either. Do I report both of these 1099B's? How should I report ... read more
jjgerry ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by macuser_22
Top Contributors