Investing
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Jamc3 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post yesterday by TerukoL
So frustrated. I cannot file my taxes because TT says the form is not done and "check back later". Our income dropped 50% in the last year after the pandemic started but was too high to receive a stimulus because of 2019 income. We are eligible this ... read more
Zarnon ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by Zarnon
How you divide 1009B earnings with spouse like you can on a 1099-INT. Turbo taxes is apply all the income to me so I can not qualify for an IRA deduction. The 1099-B earnings are from a joint brokerage account.
meetma ‎Posted Thursday
I purchased land as an investment. I received coal royalty. Can I deduct the cost of the land?
stcanada ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Tuesday by ErnieS0
Tax-residency --> Resident AlienImmigration status --> F1 - OPT Assume that I sold some mutual funds and stocks, however never withdrew money out of the brokerage account. Do I still need to pay taxes on the gain (note that I have not withdrawn the g... read more
noviceattax ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Tuesday by MarilynG1
My son and I opened a joint account to do some investments. The account has both names as owners, but the broker used my social security number on the 1099. For 2020, we had a capital loss. I imported the information from the broker to my tax return ... read more
adrooney ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by MarilynG1
Do I need to file a separate form? Or will I just need to input the 1099 provided to me by my taxable brokerage and TurboTax will do the rest for me? Is this a free service within TurboTax? any way I can get it for free or at a discount? If I sold st... read more
melissaforpeace315 ‎Posted a week ago
I sold 200 shares of AAPL stock in my SEP / IRA account [number removed] for $56,431 and I gifted 100 shares of AAPL to each of my three children. My Form 1099-R shows a Gross Distribution / Taxable Amount of $92,899.25. That amount is incorrect beca... read more
dubina666 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by dubina666
I paid cash to buy a home that became a rental property; some of it obtained from mortgaging my own house, and some from cash on hand.Can the cash on hand be considered a home rental expense? (Expenses you paid for the seller?)
Somebody42 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by ColeenD3
i own rental property with another person but the 1099 for rents came in my name only how do i handle this?
debraf ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by debraf
I received form 1099-B Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions from Robinhood Crypto LLC for Short Term gain. Where do I enter this on Turbotax. In the investment section I don't see it. I have Turbotax premier. Thanks
lou0711 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
My aunt died on 2/22/2018. Inherited stock from her was put into my account on June 27, 2018. I sold the stock in 2020. In looking at the 1099-B i noticed that some of the stock i inherited was acquired in May of 2018 i.e. between the date of my aunt... read more
ubernautilus ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Primmy78
What the best online cost-basis strategy/calculator for funds held for many years and sold all? NetBasis is not giving me the answers I want this year.
Fretworn ‎Posted July 13, 2020 | Latest post 2 weeks ago by ThickAsABrick
I sold 4 stocks last year. When I tried to enter them into Turbo Tax , 3 worked but one did not. The cost basis did not subtract from the proceeds.
greek1207 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by ThickAsABrick
Can I deduct the HOA fees I paid each year now that the property has been sold?
retiredff-selpilot ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by RayW7
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings