Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
For my seasoned daytraders, I recently took up daytrading and I heard about the tax stuff and got a little scared. So my question is Sec. 475 Mark-to-market Election. In order to claim it for the 2021 Tax year, can I file the election when I file my ... read more
Trader ‎Posted 13 hours ago | Latest post 6 hours ago by martinmarks1919
How do I input my loss from a limited partnership that went bankrupt in 2021? I invested in the project in 2014 and have been receiving K-1's every year showing my initial investment with no other entries. It was a real estate development project. Th... read more
BillG1947 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by martinmarks1919
I had an HSA account with my old employer. I quit that job, and started a new job and thus have an HSA account with a different administrator. My question is what is the difference between a rollover and transfer? Am I correct in assuming that a roll... read more
melissaforpeace315 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Opus 17
where do i input 1099R on my tax return?
jjwilson628 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by VolvoGirl
I inherited my mom's house and sold it for more than the fair market value at the date of death. Will I have to pay capital gains taxes on the sale if I invest the whole amount into a new property? This will not be my primary residence.
mmoorefam4 ‎Posted June 3, 2021 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by martinmarks1919
I've been thinking about buying an apartment in Mexico City which, once built (in like 3 years), will generate monthly dividends. In Mexico, what I've been told, is that you pay a 10% tax on these dividends. But will I have to pay extra taxes in the ... read more
SDLC ‎Posted May 23, 2021 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by Opus 17
I have paid several thousand dollars for charting program expenses and for market news letters this year. Are these deductible expenses and if so, how do I enter them into my TurboTax Premier program? My market profits greatly exceed these expenses. ... read more
Txcolonel ‎Posted June 18, 2021 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by Opus 17
I am looking for a good customized spreadsheet template for my situation, whether paid or free--it may need to be a separate program and I don’t think Turbo-Tax or Mint will do (I could be wrong). My company is going private and all shares will soon ... read more
PabloAK ‎Posted 4 weeks ago
I sold a residential rental property in 2019 and the passive losses made my 2019 AGI go negative. Can I carry the remaining loss over to my 2020 taxes? If so, how do I do that as I didn't see anywhere on Schedule E or on my 1040 to do that.
Joseph00 ‎Posted May 30, 2021 | Latest post May 31, 2021 by tagteam
In 2014 we inherited 500 shares in Alabama Power. In January 2020 we sold 200 shares. Do I have to count this as income?
jhouston10 ‎Posted May 17, 2021 | Latest post May 21, 2021 by SundayInSalem
I have rental property and have filed single for the last 10 years and have deducted my losses. I married last year and turbo tax doesn't seem to allow me to deduct my losses. This is correct?
caahvrai1 ‎Posted May 18, 2021 | Latest post May 21, 2021 by SundayInSalem
I'm looking for a tax situation for 2021 that goes beyond my ability to take care of most of my finances on my own. If I sign up for TurboTax Live, is this the kind of thing I'm able to talk with a CPA on? I need to understand the tax implications of... read more
micahman33 ‎Posted May 13, 2021 | Latest post May 14, 2021 by ErnieS0
I was only eligible to contribute to my employer 401K for 5 weeks out of the year in 2020 but did not contribute because I was leaving the company. I make over $75K last year. Because I was eligible for 401K for 5 weeks of the year even though I did ... read more
cmmisu2nu ‎Posted May 13, 2021 | Latest post May 13, 2021 by DoninGA
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings