Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I have an entry in line 6 of Form 8995 (Qualified REIT dividends). I did not consciously enter anything like this. From where in my Income entries did this come?
BillZad ‎Posted 17 hours ago
We purchased an investment home in January 2019 and sold it in December 2019. How am I to proceed with reporting this on my taxes. I was told that it would be considered as income because we owned it for less then one year. We did not live in the hou... read more
msloan777 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by LudwigVan_fan
I would like to learn more on stocks and investing. Where is the best place to start?
Anapples ‎Posted Thursday
I'm interested to learn more about the benefits of reinvesting capital gains into a QOF, as well as the timeframe to reinvestment into a QOF from gains having been realized - must it all be done in the same year, or is there something comparable to 1... read more
abtinnyc ‎Posted November 21, 2019 | Latest post Thursday by tagteam
I am just starting out and have a pretty decent credit score. I’m also starting save up some money but I like to plan ahead. What are a few things you guys would suggest to start investing? What should I look for?
Needurwisdompls1 ‎Posted October 26, 2018 | Latest post Wednesday by Helpmejackie
My current wife purchased land in Nevada in 1981 for $8000. 00. We got married in 1987. With financing etc we spend a total of $13,956. After all the years of paying taxes, we finally sold the property for $1327.00.Can we claim the substantial loss o... read more
Johan Bemelen ‎Posted Tuesday
I was a partner at an engineering firm and decided to leave that company. When I left I sold all of my shares back to the company. We created a Buy/Sell agreement where they agreed to purchase my shares for the set year value and pay off any outstand... read more
Need_Help81 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by LudwigVan_fan
The 1099s are in at E Trade. TT will not allow me to import that because of a hard coded date in TT that says 2-17. What's up with hard coding the data? It's either there on not. Is this COBOL batch?
golfotter ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Tuesday by kiont78
This is my first year using TT. I am subject to AMT and have a AMT Credit Carryforward. I opened a ROTH IRA in 2020 and made a $7,000 contributions for 2019 and 2020. My (M)AGI for regular tax and my AMT taxable income (not even sure if there is an A... read more
brinkley2013 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by brinkley2013
This is the first year that I have received a supplement from E*TRADE with transactions on it. My 1099-B shows a $0 cost basis for my RSUs that I sold this year. The Supplement shows a different cost basis, and it changes the tax due, it seems. I wor... read more
ichrisp ‎Posted Sunday
I signed a contract for what was to be a rental property in 2004, the builder sold my lot to another builder and in 2005 I signed another contract with the new builder for $270000.00 and payed $89000 of that up front for the lot. In 2006 the original... read more
Momziggy ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Sunday by LudwigVan_fan
Are the 30 days that trigger wash-sale rule 30 Business days or weekends are included. Thanks
Zagros ‎Posted January 20, 2020 | Latest post a week ago by Bsch4477
I am wondering how would I go about buying crypto currency (ex. Bitcoin) and then using it to buy let’s say a pizza. Say I bought 20 dollars worth of bitcoin to start with and the pizza costed 10 dollars. How would I report that on my taxes or what w... read more
Frobwer ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by sp55
If I am only putting $600 a year into my Roth IRA why am I being penalized?
3mojeebs ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by VolvoGirl
Top Contributors