turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Investing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Quick question about missed RMD's Elderly parent passed away Jan 2024, having taken RMD's since 2019 but not having taken RMD's for 2023 (illness) or 2024 (death). I understand that the RMD for 2024 should be taken by me, the non-eligible designated ... read more
el501 ‎Posted Thursday
Why can I not put a negative number the K1 form part III Line 1 & 2 accept negative numbers? It's designated as a profit or loss line.
parkwall ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Sunday by parkwall
I filed taxes through a filing agent till 2018 and I used to have form 4562 for depreciation for rental property. But after switching over to turbo tax I do not see 4452 for last 3 years and I thoght I will correct that issue this year. I added depre... read more
Chandran ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by JulieS
I have been investing small amounts in the stock market for the past few years and in the 2023 tax year I had realized losses. They only equal about 300$. Should I include it in my tax return? In the past I have had realized gains but as my income ha... read more
Taxamateur1 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by Bsch4477
When entering a 1099-MISC from robinhood, it tries to create a new business for me when it was just $9.00 worth. I have no idea why they sent it via a 1099-misc instead of a 1099-DIV or other form. How do I enter this without it saying I need to ente... read more
Shaned71 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Shaned71
If I take the standard deduction, does investment interest expense increase my basis because I was unable to take the deduction? Also, under code AE the K-1 detail shows "Management Fees" and "Portfolio Deductions", which I don't think are deductible... read more
jftaxusa ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by maglib
If my K-1 does not provide additional detail for code A "other portfolio income (loss)", do I enter it under Schedule K-1 Additional Infromation as line 4 "other portfolio income (loss) to be reported on Schedule E, page 2" or line 5 "Other"? Thank y... read more
jftaxusa ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
I need help in figuring out how to enter income received from a real estate investment. I entered into a contract with a home builder in which I up fronted capital to purchase land and build a new home. My only involvement was up fronting the money. ... read more
Sal221 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by MonikaK1
I do not see where to enter the gain to recapture as ordinary income from the sales schedule of public partnerships, so I entered it manually by overriding it. The column g did not change. Gain subject to recapture as ordinary income: 1000Part II, Li... read more
rodriguerex ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
Form 4797 shows no detail from sales of partnership interests, such as proceeds, cost, (columns b-f). It has only "From K-1s" and an amount in column G. The sales schedule with the K-1 shows an amount going on Form 4797 as "gain subject to recapture ... read more
rodriguerex ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
My 1040 Schedule E income is in NY, and 1040 Schedule C income is in HI, TT posted the income to the wrong state tax form. Any suggestion how to fix it?I tried to erase and re-do Schedule E and Schedule C; it did not help.
sunny_ ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
I have a lot of ZZ codes in Box 20 that will have no impact on my return as I live in a state that does not have a state income tax and this is not in a IRA/Roth or Tax Exempt ownership. These are Box 20 ZZ1, ZZ2, ZZ3, ZZ4 ($0 on all 3), ZZ5, ZZ6 and... read more
LHoch ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
Hello, I thought I saw a calculator in Turbo Tax for estimated tax payments for 2024. 2024 is the first year that I have to make estimated tax payments since I'm no longer working. All of my income this year will be made as Capital Gains, both short ... read more
dtibbetts70 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by dtibbetts70
Hello, I donated a stock with loss to charity but hold it for less than one year.What value I can deduct from my taxes and is that good or bad? For Example, the stock cost basis was 150 and I hold it for less than a year and donated it while the valu... read more
T K ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Bsch4477
In 2021, I sold my shares in a publicly traded LP. On my return, I didn’t think the “This partnership ended in 2021” option applied since the LP continued and I just sold my shares. I selected “Disposed of a portion of my interest in 2021” & paid the... read more
gwenbruno-hotmai ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by nexchap
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies