Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get your taxes done using TurboTax
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Description of error:If Form 8960, 'NetRentalIncomeOrLossAmt' has a non-zero value, then it must be equal to Schedule 1 (Form 1040), 'RentalRealEstateIncomeLossAmt' unless all of the following conditions are true: 1) Filing status of the return is Ma... read more
alexclaytor ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post 37 seconds ago by kristipalmer
Hello all! I understand that the solar credit can be split between two people if the home has multiple borrowers (i.e., mom and son-in-law).However, I can't find whether one party can claim both portions of the credits (if the other party is okay wit... read more
Steph-B- ‎Posted August 16, 2022 | Latest post 2m ago by ronaldlar1
My employer entered my residence incorrectly as Virginia (VA) when I lived and work in Washington (WA). They paid state taxes in VA wrongly and I live in a no state income tax state. How do I get the tax money they paid incorrectly back?
jk056 ‎Posted 22m ago | Latest post 2m ago by MinhT1
dgr85nsr ‎Posted June 1, 2019 | Latest post 3m ago by HeatherPLO
In 2022, I moved funds from my 401(k) to a designated Roth 401(k). It was an in-plan rollover (IRR). I also paid the estimated federal taxes on this distribution in 2022 from a separate account. I received a 1099R that listed the distribution in box ... read more
hi8eR ‎Posted 52m ago | Latest post 3m ago by dmertz
My federal return keeps getting rejected and I don't understand why am I getting this reject code. Form 8960 has to do with Rental income loss or gain and I've never had rental income. Like ever. Turbotax's suggestion is to 'wait a few weeks and try ... read more
bculberson1 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post 4m ago by kristipalmer
I have given my permission to use my tax info. Where do I go from nere?
dray831 ‎Posted 4m ago
alexloredo10 ‎Posted 5m ago
I am importing data from Fidelity. Both my wife and I have accounts. After I go through the import process for my account, when I try to import my wife's account data, Turbo Tax will automatically reconnect to my account and does not give me an oppor... read more
gbishop-593 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post 6m ago by trash go away
panes5 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 6m ago by EbonyA
Hello All,A bit of conflicting information - so would a bit of clarity.I am a U.S. Citizen - residing in US and earning here. I got married outside of the U.S. in 2021 and have filled my spouse for an immigrant visa (will take 1-2 years, possibly mor... read more
spilpile2 ‎Posted 26m ago | Latest post 7m ago by DavidD66
Top Contributors
Manage cookies