Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Self employed
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
What Category do I place LinkedIn Job Seeker account NOT for employment, for me as a Coach, when I help clients with job postings/strategy. Sometimes I subscribe to the Business LinkedIn Subscription to access ProFinder, where I submit quotes for pro... read more
DolceDolce ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Friday by DolceDolce
I have a small business located in FL. However, for 2019 and probably 2020 I will be a resident of Virginia. All business transactions are completed online. My question is, do I report the business income as VA taxable income? ThanksGary
GandGTarr ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post Thursday by GandGTarr
I was about to file my return and I pressed the button to print the return as it would be filed. I was shocked to see many of my worksheets printed as well as my tax history . I know the IRS doesn't require these documents. Does Turbotax provide the ... read more
stormin ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Monday by Carl
I just opened a single member LLC for a side business as a consultant. Should I elect S-corp tax treatment or just keep it as a standard SMLLC? I have no employees and I already pay payroll taxes through a W2 job and make $250k. I am a NYC resident. ... read more
evgirl ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Monday by Carl
Hi there! I'm looking for assistance with the following questions:1. It seems unclear to me whether merging a CA S-corp into a DE C-corp will allow for a retention of the CA corp's EIN. The DE corp is newly formed and has no EIN. More importantly, pe... read more
DSinSD ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Monday by Carl
I purchased the specific product "efile state return" for $50 offered to me just prior to filing my US Return. This efile product was defective. Even though the required State Pin# was inputted correctly by me, it did not insert into the state tax do... read more
nancycaskey ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DoninGA
Hi,I have a silly question, I just filed the 2019 tax and it says 'Federal return accepted'. Will the payment prompt for the federal tax come after that? I used to pay straight through TurboTax but now I am not seeing it. What do I do?Thanks so much!
Michael Diehl ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DoninGA
Hi,I filed an extension this year and have a sole proprietorship LLC that requires a Schedule C to file my income tax return. I began learning Quickbooks Online this summer to properly do the books, but still have reconciliation and cleanup to do wit... read more
HighCamp ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
I paid sole proprietor self employed using payroll and I flied the tax for 2019 last year with this mistake using W2 and all other mistakes like deduct the personal wages on schedule C .. and for this year 2020 I paid myself again using the same way ... read more
Sameh ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by Carl
Hey there. I am a Jamaican citizen who pays taxes in the US via being a Twitch Affiliate. Upon achieving the Twitch Affiliate status which allows me to earn a US income, I was given a w-8 form to fill out by twitch. After filling out this form using ... read more
KaiiKalii ‎Posted September 17, 2020
I inherited a traditional IRA in 2020. If I have the brokerage fees withdrawn from the IRA, is that a taxable withdrawal?
Kessler1 ‎Posted September 16, 2020 | Latest post September 16, 2020 by macuser_22
TurboTax refuses to let me have different depreciation on books vs taxes. It keeps telling me that the balance sheet is out of balance. Forms ask to enter "Balance Sheet per Books", then it automatically calculates depreciation. for tax purposes diff... read more
Rob10 ‎Posted September 15, 2020 | Latest post September 15, 2020 by Rob10
Here is my situation:1. Worked on W2 in Jan and mid-Feb (taxes deducted as part of payroll)2. Remained unemployed between mid-Feb and mid-Jul (collected unemployment)3. Filed 2019 taxes in June using Turbotax Home & Business4. Have undertaken couple ... read more
mprabs ‎Posted September 11, 2020 | Latest post September 13, 2020 by mprabs
So made around 290k as independent contractor which ended end August. Now got a normal job.. Calculated my SSA and Medicare taxes off that income So took the max 63.5k as deduction for 401k (employee and employer) and assume can write off medical exp... read more
asquith62 ‎Posted September 2, 2020 | Latest post September 13, 2020 by asquith62
I am a partner in a partnership. The partnership files a composite tax return in 10 states and I file in my resident state of Ohio. I am trying to enter taxes paid to other states for my Ohio return. TT won’t save the information unless I file a stat... read more
Dwallace52 ‎Posted September 6, 2020 | Latest post September 9, 2020 by Carl
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings