Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Self employed
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Hello everyone, Recently I bought Turbotax home + business desktop software. I have a single-member LLC business and I have form 1099-NEC from other people's business. However, when I entered my 1099-NEC forms into my "personal" tab, it keeps adding ... read more
Mayichong ‎Posted February 15, 2024 | Latest post 5 hours ago by Nedisoom
Hi everyone,I started working as self-employed in February 2024 with an income above the minimum payment threshold. Before this, I had no income in 2023. I recently got my Green Card, and this will be my first year filing any taxes in the US. I just ... read more
AndyRubyRei ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post Sunday by pk
I am a first year sole proprietorship and I am wanting to make my estimated tax payment. I have an account on EFTPS under my Business EIN/TIN however when I click payment, there is no 1040-ES form listed nor any form that has estimated so I am confus... read more
checkyourmirrors ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by VolvoGirl
I received my normal W-2 from my employer but they also sent me a 1099-NEC. when i got a promotion in my job they started to give me payments for a Charles Schwab account, that they said was a much better thing to have than a retirement account. How ... read more
Lucero0126 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Wednesday by JotikaT2
I just purchased TurboTax Home and Business thinking it would help me figure out my quarterly taxes for 2024. It only looks at 2023. How can I use TurboTax Home and Business or something else to help me plan for my quarterly tax payments? Some facts ... read more
annematt ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by VolvoGirl
I had a schedule C for the last 3 years with one employee. I am no longer operating the business. In fact I paid no wages this year and the business lost money every year (not a huge amount) which is why I decided to shut it down. I have an extension... read more
rachna ‎Posted a week ago
The accountant I am hiring is telling me that I need to do either a Schedule C or become an Scorp. I don't want to do either-just want to use Schedule E.
rachna ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by tagteam
My parents passed away in January 2024, I was the Successor Trustee and the only Beneficiary of their revocable trust. All the assets of the trust have been distributed. Can I file the 1041 to close out the trust now or do I need to wait till 2025?
rachna ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by M-MTax
room is 1200 sq feet, every year I deduct percentage of utilities for this office; how do I set this up on my return?
lmancuso8 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
Is there a "benefit" to counting something as Hobby or misc/other income vs business income? Or are these simply different categories to list different sources of income?From what I understand, any income that you make needs to be reported to the IRS... read more
takineko ‎Posted October 27, 2021 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by Stablenut
I have income only from a sole proprietorship. According to IRS rules, if I have no retirement plan at work, then I can make a fully deductible Traditional IRA contribution based this income up to the standard deduction limits for 2023 without any re... read more
williamd2 ‎Posted February 16, 2024 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by VolvoGirl
My husband owns his own LLC that will most likely break even or not make money at the end of the year. I have been at a W-2 job for 13 years. I was wondering if I should uncheck the "Multiple Jobs" on my W-4 to give our family more expendable income ... read more
amandacmudd ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by Bsch4477
acymansk ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by VolvoGirl
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies