Self employed
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
where do I deduct the Notary fees from my Self Emplyment
Dmserv ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post an hour ago by Dmserv
I filed my taxes months ago on TurboTax free and still have not received my stimulus payment. I’m suppose to be in the first round of deposits because I am very low income. I received a state return nearly immediately direct deposit. Nothing federal ... read more
Dakota734 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post yesterday by xmasbaby0
If one is 70 years old, on a small social security, ($10k yearly), and raising one young grandchild full time, and if, perhaps that person had some self employment for a portion of a year, (say, $5-7k), and had not reported or paid any self employmen... read more
terryhertz ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Wednesday by xmasbaby0
My wife and I own an LLC. We sold a portion of the business (domains, copyrights, inventory, equipment). Does it get reported as normal income or as capital gains? And it the latter where do you report it?
Fuzzmonkey ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Wednesday by LudwigVan_fan
Hello so I am hoping someone could give me a little insight. My husband and I filed our taxes back in February and we still haven’t gotten our return. We used turbo tax and apparently there was a error and we caught it pretty quick so it shouldn’t ha... read more
portersr04 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Wednesday by CatinaT1
I did not stay in US in year 2019. I did receive bonus in 2019 from my employer for my stay with them in 2018. I have signed up for turbo plus paying $30. In the my info section I mentioned the resident state as Foreign or U.S. possession. However, w... read more
sujoydd ‎Posted Wednesday
Hello, I'm just completing my 2017, 2018, and 2019 taxes. I moved to Vietnam in late 2016. In 2017, I began teaching English online to Chinese students to make a living and am continuing to do so. I work for a company who issues me a 1099 Form every ... read more
Sandy31 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Tuesday by SusanY1
HiI am helping my son with his 2019 taxes. For one month in 2019 picked up a school bus and drove it to another state from the dealer and relocated it. He received a 1099 Misc bus was responsible for purchasing his own gas for the vehicle. I have no ... read more
cybermom96 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by Bsch4477
Turb tax asks if I want to take a "special depreciation allowance on a dump truck for business
ngaucha ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Carl
This year I will be a self contractor (consulting services) and need to send invoices to a foreign company. Will I just need to fill out a Schedule C next year for income collected? Any other steps I am missing?
contractorconsult ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Carl
Filing my schedule C for 2019 and I am stuck. Wages line 26. I need to show wages for the PPP application, but I paid my employees as independent contractors and provided them a 1099. Can that amount go in wages? instead of online 11 where they’re as... read more
Dtaxman ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Carl
Hello - I am a self employed musician, and I have a large, detached studio behind the house that I purchased earlier this year. I also rent out a bedroom in my house. I am struggling to divide up my depreciation deductions for this year - do I need t... read more
Laura30 ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Carl
I am a self contractor and for the first time, I hired a contractor during last year. I issued his 1099 but when I completing my taxes the only place to deduct what I paid him is under labor or contractors and when I put the total is not giving me th... read more
Laura_zzzz ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by VictoriaD75
I exceeded the income limits for a Roth IRA in 2019, so in March 2020 I recharacterized those contributions into a Traditional Rollover IRA prior to filing my 2019 taxes. Do I need to create a 1099-R or does the original 1099-R for the Roth account s... read more
tmb001 ‎Posted March 5, 2020 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by macuser_22
Top Contributors