Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Self employed
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Recently change from being office based for 5 days week to field based 3 days and office 2 days a week does this affect the mileage I can claim
yanny1971 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by VolvoGirl
I don’t think this is legal...I work over 40 hours a week in Louisiana for a family that pays an agency, which in turn pays me. They don’t take out taxes, or pay overtime... they think I’m an independent contractor. Nannies are nonexempt as home empl... read more
Geauxkris ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by macuser_22
can i please get a rep to contact me regarding my turbo tax return
steve crittenden ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by VolvoGirl
Hi everyone! I just started working with Shipt as an independent contractor and I cant really find information on what taxes I need to withhold. I do know to save between 25% - 30% for Federal and Self employment tax. But do I do I pay quarterly or j... read more
tnoonz ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by VolvoGirl
I opened a new handyman business this year. Before opening I had about 20k worth of tools that I use now for my business. They are things from saws to drills. Can I deduct the 20k? If so, what is the period of the useful life to depreciate the tools?
Ctsato ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by tagteam
I am a independent contractor for the first time as a bike messenger and I was curious about taxes. Do bike messengers use their net profit to cover SE tax and Schedule C?
jatorijenkins2 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by jatorijenkins2
To get a deal done I paid to have the HVAC fixed for my buyer. Is the amount I paid tax-deductible? If it is what would it be considered?
Runkidsx3 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by HACKITOFF
Hi,I am currently self employed and I work in many buildings in NYC where I have hire architects and engineers for DOB filings. I get paid in personal checks from my clients and I deposit those checks in my personal bank account. I do have a company ... read more
ehaqueny ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by tagteam
I am trying to help a friend of mine out that’s a real estate agent but I can’t find anything online for this. If they live in once city and their office is in that city but they sell houses in many other cities do they file local taxes for all citie... read more
Bonnetb ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by HACKITOFF
slm609 ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by tagteam
Hello,I am David, I am a foreigner and live in China. In 2016, I registered a LLC company in Colorado, and applied for the EIN number.It is a Single Member LLC company and has never been operated, has no bank account, no income, so i have never filed... read more
Daivd Penn ‎Posted August 9, 2019 | Latest post October 21, 2019 by Carl
What is the proper business code for a ride sharing driver?
Michael Galloway ‎Posted October 14, 2019 | Latest post October 21, 2019 by hotspotthecoolst
I just received a note from the IRS stating that GroupOn reported $44,000 on their 1099-k form, but I only claimed $33,000 because that is what I received in my bank account. Now the IRS wants to tax me on that $11,000 difference. But is that correct... read more
CafePottery ‎Posted October 15, 2019 | Latest post October 18, 2019 by Carl