Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Expert Alumni KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Expert Alumni KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
I started a new business by purchasing a business in May 2023 for 208,000. Where do I deduct the expense of the new business. I assumed to expense was a startup cost. But after reading posts I am not sure anymore. Can I expense the first 5000 and amo... read more
dmaloche ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 2 hours ago by M-MTax
Under Other Business Situations --> Other Business Credits is the sub-section Pension plans - Startup Costs, Auto-Enrollment, and Military Spouse Participation Credits. Clicking to update this sub-section leads to a screen saying the following: "Smal... read more
lac528 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post 2 hours ago by lac528
for Married filing jointly
bwadhwani ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by rjs
Some community forums say you can deduct the entire amount expensed to offset the income related to Eqip program so is unclear to me.
e15652 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post 5 hours ago by Opus 17
We installed solar in 2022 and claimed the HEC for 2022 taxes. We had $6521 in credit carryforward for 2023. When we filed for 2023 the IRS reduced our return and said they didn't show any carryforward from 2022. Line 16 of form 5695 from 2022 clearl... read more
gibby1282 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post 10 hours ago by LenaH
My wife receives a pension from Brazil government and a private pension from Brazil.
pontenbergcd ‎Posted June 5, 2019 | Latest post 10 hours ago by girigiri
i loose $500 in an energy credit for next year if i use standard deduction this year
papmpercheff58-a ‎Posted 15 hours ago | Latest post 10 hours ago by Mike9241
jpw050 ‎Posted 12 hours ago | Latest post 11 hours ago by LenaH
I just paid for my child's multi-year orthodontic treatment plan. I paid in-full my part of the cost of the treatment plan (the difference between the total cost of the treatment plan and what my insurance will pay). I have an HSA. Can I reimburse my... read more
hti708 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post 13 hours ago by hti708
I have a rental property that I used a truck 100% for and it's fully depreciated.I started a new business last year (schedule c) and used that truck for this new business as well as the old business.I plan to sell the rental properties this year.How ... read more
jorge69ijk ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by M-MTax
Will the 2024 $2,500 Minnesota Rebate (Rebate, not Tax Credit) for purchase of an electric vehicle (all electric or plug-in hybrid) be considered taxable on my 2024 federal return? 2024 Minnesota state return?
jdxtr ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post yesterday by JotikaT2
I have more than $10,000 worth of deposits& interests but less than $50,000 in my foreign accounts in India (which would mean FBAR is applicable but 8938 is not). Hence, I understand I am required to file FBAR. On my tax return, I have to include the... read more
vivsesh ‎Posted June 5, 2019 | Latest post yesterday by girigiri
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies