Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Income did increase from last year however not above the threshold for head of household. I am single and my child lives with me and cannot be claimed by anyone else.
pinkybrain84 ‎Posted 24m ago | Latest post 8m ago by xmasbaby0
I filed the mortgage 1098 that was paid off and I thought my husband deducted the new refinanced mortgage 1098 but he didn't.I also thought he deducted the new car we bought in 11/2021, but he did not. What do I need to do to get this corrected now t... read more
Cbr1084 ‎Posted 12m ago
Hi, I bought a new house (AKA house A) in June, 2021. After I bought house A, I have home improvement done and moved to house A in August 2021.I lived house B for more than 20 years. I put house B on market on September, 2021 and was sold in November... read more
bl121 ‎Posted February 23, 2022 | Latest post 15m ago by chocy0924
I live on the top two floors of a multi family home and rent out the bottom floor. I have created the duplex rental property in the income section and figured out how to get the correct amounts entered for the 33% of the home that is rented out, incl... read more
Multi23 ‎Posted 30m ago
I am working on a tax return for a dependent that made under the standard deduction. I am wondering why they add $400 on to their wages if they made under the standard deduction? Curious as to the $400 amount. Thanks!
DrMarsha ‎Posted 5 hours ago | Latest post 44m ago by Hal_Al
IRS says I can deduct up to $2500 but doen not say where to make the entry
Fedretiree ‎Posted an hour ago
If a partner in an LLC has not set aside enough money to pay for their quarterly tax estimate, is it okay to transfer money out of our business bank account to their personal bank account to make up the difference? Or do you have to give that money i... read more
danielle-51 ‎Posted 6 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by danielle-51
I sold my primary home 3 years ago and now my 2nd home is my primary home. It was built in 1998. I have never claimed energy credits on my 2nd home. Now, I have had to replace several window glass panes over the last several years because of seal fai... read more
rjcoulombe ‎Posted Friday | Latest post 2 hours ago by rjcoulombe
It lets me add all the details and then in the final federal review, it brings up an error and tells me:"Business miles should be blank. This vehicle was placed in service after 6/30/22" For reference, I bought the truck and started use in August.
coconut5 ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by ErnieS0
Relates to form 310: Line 1. I don't have solar. Does anyone have suggestions on how to remove this?
felix7994 ‎Posted February 1, 2021 | Latest post 3 hours ago by Tcg8088
I built a parsonage for a church. I wasn't paid anything, but I had to buy some tools. Are they deductible?
GGoodman1 ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by xmasbaby0
We had whole-house solar installed for $66k in February 2022 with the promise from the solar company that we would receive a federal tax credit of $17k and a Hawaii state credit of $10k. (We also installed skylights $2400 and a new energy-conserving ... read more
HIMichelle ‎Posted 5 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by KrisD15
My state return keeps being rejected for the mentioned form being empty. I've also tried entering a value of $0, $0.00, and it still rejects. It's asking for Appraised property value used in assessing the property tax. I don't pay property tax, I don... read more
fnv3212 ‎Posted 3 hours ago
Top Contributors
Manage cookies