Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
My husband is being treated for cancer at a facility in a different state from where we live. I know that hotel and fuel/mileage costs can be deducted, but can dining/grocery costs associated with my stay also be deducted?
Cruzesa ‎Posted 26m ago | Latest post a minute ago by JotikaT2
On deleting Schedule SC! All information seems to refer to the Online Version of Turbo Tax yet I have the CD Version. Although Turbo Tax fills out the entire Septic Credit Schedule and indicates a Credit of $47 it also indicates an Error of "Non Comp... read more
jmacpo ‎Posted 24m ago | Latest post 2m ago by MarilynG1
I have a special needs adult daughter who cannot stay by herself overnight. My husband requires treatment out of state and will require us to pay someone to watch my daughter while we are gone. Are the costs associated with this deductible as a medic... read more
Cruzesa ‎Posted 5m ago
My rental owner statement shows an expense for appliances; however, I am not sure where to enter the expense in turbo tax? Am I able to deduct it?
Katwoman ‎Posted 32m ago | Latest post 12m ago by DavidS127
Ever since 2016, TT only used part of my foreign tax paid toward my credit on taxes. The remainder has been carried over into a carryover category. This year is no different. I understand there is a limit that happens after $300 (since I am filing si... read more
Rick9464 ‎Posted 17m ago
I paid off the house and I still have a few thou in points I haven't amortized. How do I get around to claim those as I won't have the mortgage anymore
hbarsanti ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post 23m ago by gonzale11
After entering REIT dividends from box 5 of 1099 DIV, TurboTax Deluxe created and filled in a Qualified Business Income Deduction Summary worksheet. This is now triggering the message: "If the only 199A income is REIT dividends from one or more 1099 ... read more
Tootallt004 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 23m ago by ericinmaryland
Where do I report an exchange of long-term transactions for which basis is not reported to the IRS
reed5 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post 31m ago by sharonlynnski
I rented my home 1/2 year; how do I list my 2019 property taxes?  
Katwoman ‎Posted 58m ago | Latest post 39m ago by MarilynG1
Background: I am the custodial parent to my daughter but her father is claiming her as the dependent this year. As the custodial parent, I can still claim EIC and child care expense like day care. I have this marked correctly in Personal Info (it has... read more
courtneyarg86 ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post 40m ago by courtneyarg86
If I just enter everything except FEIN, the system asks me to review. But what should I actually do to review it, since I don't have FEIN.
kuomoutax ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post 49m ago by DianeC958
Using desktop deluxe. Where can I enter in my carryover foriegn tax credit from last year? When I try to go through the "foreign tax" topic, it forces me to select a 1099, which I have from my broker for some dividends, which has nothing to do with t... read more
sjlocke ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 53m ago by sjlocke
Top Contributors