Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Already filed both property taxes, but there isn't any section for purchased new home and so on.... I need to know if there is setting I am missing to make sure I covered all basesThanks in advance
tabbiestone ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 2m ago by AmyC
My spouse and I both are filing separately. We don't own a business twe only get our w-2 from our jobs we work at. Do we need to fill out form 8958 community property ln the state of Texas?
Bigdhill96 ‎Posted 9 hours ago | Latest post 14m ago by AmyC
Had my taxes prepped and ready to e-file with no errors two weeks ago. Opened turbotax today to double-check the numbers and the review turns up the following error: "1040/1040SR Wks: SE Health Insurance the amount of the self-employed health insuran... read more
smallholder ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post 15m ago by sr222
Long story short, I had an HSA account back in 2012-2015 and had funds left over in that account. I never used those funds, since I RARELY go to the doctor and now they are appearing on my 2020 W-2 and I am being taxed for them. My problem is, I CANN... read more
drivas88 ‎Posted 5 hours ago | Latest post 22m ago by Opus 17
Many thanks in advance! We live in federal declared major disaster area in MS (ZETA, 11/2020). I'm hoping I can deduct the repair expenses to our primary residence. I rented a big bucket lift & a chainsaw to remove a 14" broken-off live oak main bran... read more
gr8tful1 ‎Posted February 16, 2021 | Latest post 27m ago by Nabbarrios
I entered my info in the check stipend tool and it says I have errors. I am concerned about where it is!
jengirl444 ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 39m ago by SweetieJean
I have filed my 2020 taxes and the Home Energy Credit is 5,658 for the solar panels that were installed onto my roof in 2020. I am trying to figure out how to actually get the 5,658 dollars and not just have a credit rolling forward for years? I have... read more
tax73 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 39m ago by Opus 17
The truck is over 6,000 lbs, has a cargo space over 6' and is used more than 50% for business. I have been guided through no depreciation options.
patrick9 ‎Posted June 6, 2019 | Latest post 47m ago by ThomasM125
The wooden deck attached to my home (bought in 2006) was damaged during the freeze in Texas this February. Several footings cracked and the deck settled which now requires repair. Estimates for repair are in the $6-$7k range. My insurance did not cov... read more
Lakepapa ‎Posted April 9, 2021 | Latest post 48m ago by Nabbarrios
TT insist that I enter a stock sale for this code when no SubS stock was sold. We have two K-1's that appear to have identical entries but one goes through and the other doesn't. Why? What should I look for?
seadoug ‎Posted 56m ago
Only received unemployment insurance (19,464.00) with only $2,650.00 itemized deductions and it's showing that I owe $841.00 state tax. With the standard deduction wouldn't the state tax be less?
12jezebel15 ‎Posted an hour ago | Latest post 57m ago by SweetieJean
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings