Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
We purchased a second home in 2019 and paid cash. How and where do I enter this into Turbotax?Thanks!!
JFYB ‎Posted 5m ago
I have completed the Foreign Earned Income Exemption, but when I Review, it says my 1040 is empty. I believe I need to fill in the 1040 with the income reported on my FEIE as well, but am not sure how to do this on turbotax.
northkoller ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 2 hours ago by Carl
I live overseas and am self employed. Through 2555/FEIE I am eligible for my 100% of income to be excluded. Total SE income = 19175. FEIE = 18940. But my Federal Tax due is the same amount regardless. Do I enter the 18940 elsewhere to have it deducte... read more
mhemp1 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by HACKITOFF
In 2019, for health reasons (my wife is a cancer survivor and still under the treatment), we had to move to a warmer climate. Can the cost of selling our home, moving and buying a new one be listed in the "original cost", as a deduction in house sale... read more
mwman ‎Posted yesterday
I'm fairly certain there is a bug in the Mac Desktop Version of Premier which does not appropriately represent mortgage interest paid in Schedule A. I'm very well versed with the tax code and I know that the interest I have paid is deductible to the ... read more
ToddN1 ‎Posted February 16, 2020 | Latest post yesterday by glennmsmith58
I downloaded a copy of my medical claims for the year from my insurance company which shows what I was responsible to pay for each doctor/service/facility after insurance paid their portion (unfortunately it is very extensive this year and the claims... read more
Donnie_Suits ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Donnie_Suits
Wife and I file "married jointly," home and business together. Wife has a solo law business which has a net operating loss. She has NO personal income - her only income is derived from her law business. However, my income, which far exceeds hers, par... read more
georgio50 ‎Posted February 22, 2020 | Latest post yesterday by Clayo
I'm on F1 visa and thought I was exempt from SS and Medicare, so I asked my employer to not withhold FICA from my paycheck, but it turns out that in 2019 I was a resident Alien and I owe FICA. I haven't filed taxes for 2019 yet. Do I need a new W-2 o... read more
Sahils57 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by AmeliesUncle
I filed my 2018 tax on HRblock and I'm trying to amend the tax year due to the new bill that allows deduction for MIP 2018-2020 I filled out the 1040X form...now my confusion isDo I need to attach the 2018 schedule A (this doesn't have the MIP column... read more
Rush2808 ‎Posted January 15, 2020 | Latest post yesterday by JotikaT2
Top Contributors