Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Investors & landlords
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I am moving to another state for 2 years for a job with the intent of moving back into my house after that time. We currently pay a mortgage on the house. We are planning on having a friend move in and will be charging significantly less than similar... read more
Jjone ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by LenaH
You move to another state. Keep your current home but change it to a rental SFR, with the intent to 1031 exchange it later on.- How long does it need to be rented before you can exchange it in a 1031 ?- During this time, does it need to be rented all... read more
aysoref ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by M-MTax
it is forcing me to upgrade to premium, it thinks I have sold investment. I have NOT sold any investment. I just entered the small interest gain on my bank account?
Taxpayer13 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by rjs
I pay $ 13.000 plus labor $ 250.00. To install I don’t get to keep this money. So the IRS air taxes think I keep this money. How can I deduct this on my taxes
Noah owns ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by Carl
markyhemma ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by DoninGA
trinagreen1266 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by rjs
I purchased a rental property in 2021 which needed major renovations. Those renovations are still underway, and as such the property was not rented or available for rent at any time in 2021. I'm struggling with how to report this, specifically: 1. My... read more
nmillerkauffman ‎Posted April 9, 2022 | Latest post Saturday by tigerre
I inherited a property that I have turned into a rental. Is the Cost-basis the fair market value minus the land value? I know that any improvements I did before it went into service can be added to the value of cost-basis. Can other items such as a d... read more
dwheat17 ‎Posted March 10, 2023 | Latest post Saturday by tigerre
Property has been rented for many years and was rented in 2017 through June 30. Property it to be sold in the future with contiguous real estate. Property has never been used as personal property.
15durango ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post a week ago by tigerre
My friend has been staying with me. She pays $800 per month. My rent is $1745 plus utilities. Do I need to claim what she gives me as income?
Stayseakay ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DoninGA
jaw2565 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by rjs
I sold vacant land (not personally used) a couple of years ago. Buyer found problems with land after the sale close and I had to pay back about half of the purchase price to them. I reported the sale and capital gain on my taxes 2 years ago. How do I... read more
JR143 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by JR143
I have a client who owns a business that rents a unit from her other LLC that owns the residence. Would I report the rent as an expense under Sch C and then record the rent as income under Sch E? Where would I depreciate the building? Also, to furthe... read more
Lolajean123 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by Bsch4477
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies