Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investors & landlords
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Reposting with the word 'feedback' in the title as suggested by @GeorgeDenseff 10+ years on ttax. When I go to enter the rental and royalty info in the income tab, ttax always has the same question and doesn't remember the answer, "Are you a real est... read more
taxanaut ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post an hour ago by VolvoGirl
I purchased my primary residence in 2010 and converted it to rental property in 2020. For depreciation basis, I need to use the lesser of FMV and the purchase price in 2010. Since property has appreciated, I used the 2010 price. The question is for t... read more
Vic14 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post 9 hours ago by tagteam
I didn't see a place to enter 1098 information on our income property
meru16 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 12 hours ago by Critter-3
The "199A Worksheet by Activity >Keep for your records" prints with my official return for filing by mail, in addition to the "Form 1065 199A Statement A Summary". Is this "Keep for your records" worksheet supposed to be filed with our return? I woul... read more
JHS-14 ‎Posted June 4, 2020 | Latest post yesterday by Critter-3
redcassdimick ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Critter-3
I select the Review buttons down to the individual lines that are marked "NEEDS REVIEW". I select the Edit buttons for each line, and it doesn't tell me what needs reviewing.
app1dak ‎Posted yesterday
I have a large K1 capital loss from the sale of a commercial building (which is being called a 1231 loss.) I also have a large capital gain from sale of my residence. Shouldn't they be offsetting? It is still showing the 1231 loss as an unallowable p... read more
qofmiwok ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post yesterday by Mike9241
I checked "Sold my rental property this year" on TurboTax Desktop Home and Business, but I don't see any sales related form and questions generated. What should I do to get Schedule D & related forms, such as Form 4797 generated?
kvp ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by AmeliesUncle
Hi, We bought a vacation rental property in Dec 2019 and reported a loss. We have carryover loss of -722. For 2020, we have a much bigger loss. I entered all the information correctly for income, expenses, and assets. Now, I'm ready to file and I'm g... read more
culebracasitarentals ‎Posted February 21, 2021 | Latest post yesterday by Pazzy
Hello, I'm a resident of CA but need to file an Indiana non-resident return because of an Indiana-based partnership I have. The Indiana K-1 form (IT-20S/IT-65 2019 Schedule IN K-1) I received from the partnership's CPA has a negative number in line 1... read more
Koala Bear ‎Posted July 5, 2020 | Latest post yesterday by nathanrthomas
Hello, I am wondering how I would report a cash in lieu due to fractional shares of a stock I had if it is put in supplemental information section of the 1099 I was given from my brokerage? I've assumed that I would put it in as "(C) Short-term trans... read more
justin2021 ‎Posted March 30, 2021 | Latest post yesterday by HJCouri5
skyler-conklin ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post yesterday by Carl
Hi,I imported a 1099-B form and each stock seems to have correct information (i.e. acquired date, date sold, etc). However, it keeps saying there is an error and the Date Acquired must be entered for xxx stock while reviewing the report even after I ... read more
heonyun ‎Posted February 16, 2021 | Latest post yesterday by model4sun
I have a rental property and was amortizing the closing costs from the original home purchase. Now I have refinanced the property and I am going to amortize the new closing costs associated with the refi. However, how do I take the expense in Turbo T... read more
zmminvest ‎Posted January 30, 2021 | Latest post Thursday by DTian
In Washington near Seattle, we have an RTA fee tacked on to our car registration, so we can have a yearly tab of around $500 to $1000. It's supposedly deductible but I'm not sure how to apply it. I normally use the standard deduction of $12,400 so I ... read more
BC1231 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Thursday by xmasbaby0
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings