Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investors & landlords
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
In 2019 Sch E, I stated the time/reason of stopped using the car. In 2020 Sch E, can I restate using the car again? What will be the tax treatment under this situation? Thanks!
CL7 ‎Posted 2m ago
Any one have experience for advance rental income reporting on taxes? rental income received for the 2019 June -2020 May in advance. One professional stated I can report the income for 2019 and on the expenses I can place Jan-May part of income as de... read more
seenammamathew ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post an hour ago by cskcpa20
I have a question: Background: I am recently amicably divorced. We had our house on the market but due to the covid19 situation, have decided to cancel and spend time doing improvements to the house (like a new roof, etc.) while being roommates. This... read more
ingajahn ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by rjs
The general responses aren't helpful. I don't know if this is considered a sale. I cashed out some of my mutual fund. What do I fill out? Turbotax is confusing when I get to the 1099-B form.
d0836 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 4 hours ago by fanfare
Hello, I am interested in trading stocks in the US but I am a US citizen temporarily living abroad. Not sure if relevant but just in case, I use a foreign earned income exclusion to avoid paying double tax. The software I intend on using for trading ... read more
gb945 ‎Posted 14 hours ago | Latest post 4 hours ago by fanfare
I have a special assessment that is due to repairs that are required from damage over-time "It consists of repairs and replacements to certain exterior building envelope components and remediate underlying damage caused mostly by water intrusion such... read more
rfroundhill ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 5 hours ago by Carl
In California you need to declare dividends and capital gains of investments on HSA accounts.Calculating dividends is pretty easy. The problem is calculating the capital gains of sold investments: HealthEquity (HE) does not report cost basis of sales... read more
David36 ‎Posted June 6, 2019 | Latest post 7 hours ago by BillM223
I recently invested in USO (to be specific I bought in at $20.90 and got 95 shares). I invested without knowing the taxes that will be implemented on it, and now I am worried about how much in taxes I will have to pay. I am aware I will receive a K-1... read more
enclaust ‎Posted 19 hours ago | Latest post 8 hours ago by HACKITOFF
The list of account activity shows two funds with capital gains, but there is no 1099-B.
lumminan ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 8 hours ago by macuser_22
I have a long-term gain of $2,220. In the forms, this is added as standard taxable income. From IRS information, the tax on long-term capital gains for me should be 0%. Why is TurboTax figuring this wrong?
whlife ‎Posted 13 hours ago | Latest post 8 hours ago by HACKITOFF
saadims ‎Posted 12 hours ago | Latest post 9 hours ago by HACKITOFF
My husband, myself and my non-dependent son have our names on a mortgage for a condo that he is living in while attending school. How do my husband and I account for it since he is paying the mortgage? Secondly, how does he account for it?
dah2410 ‎Posted 13 hours ago | Latest post 12 hours ago by Carl
I have 5 separate bank/brokerage accounts which sent me forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV for each one. I was therefore able to enter the amounts separately for each account.I also received a Form 1099B for each account. However, the program only allows me... read more
Bobjuggler ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 13 hours ago by Bobjuggler
Are there restrictions on how I spend/invest money taken from 401k plan using CARES act?Do I have to spend it?Can I re-invest it?Buy real-estate?What type of reporting will be required at the end of the year for my 2020 taxes?Thanks.
joelw1lson ‎Posted 14 hours ago | Latest post 14 hours ago by macuser_22
Top Contributors