Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investors & landlords
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Here's the synopsis:-Appraised value at time of purchase was $55-60k-Owned property a little over five years-was my primary residence for a little over two years before I went active duty-Went Active Duty; rented out property for three of the five ye... read more
ndrwrly1 ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by Critter-3
Can someone point me to where Intuit is keeping the TXF file format specification? We would like to make .txf files of Schedule K-1 available to the users of our Geppetto Smart Document Automation system.
TheLittleDuke ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by milgeek
Their old was was in poor condition, has been sold, but is not enough to buy a decent new house. They cannot get approved for a mortgage on their own.
ddejarnette1 ‎Posted 5 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by Critter-3
I know that long term gains are based on your total taxable income. But I'm confused on how the tax is calculated if a little bit of the long-term gains goes beyond the $40,000 threshold.For example, suppose I have no taxable income other than $10,00... read more
link8822 ‎Posted April 9, 2020 | Latest post 3 hours ago by HACKITOFF
Sorry that is Had not Dad. I received flood and fair insurance checks for less that depreciated value and then sold the remains for a net gain. I want to defer gain in a 1033 exchange next year.
BuddyonTT2 ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 8 hours ago by BuddyonTT2
My broker reports RSU transactions that were sold to cover taxes to IRS on 1099b (under box B) with cost basis 0 Now shall I show all these transactions used to witheld taxes on turbotax along with actual transactions that I did?If yes, do I need to ... read more
jkshar2005 ‎Posted May 31, 2019 | Latest post yesterday by lokidoki
Just making an example, Assumption: In July 2020, I contributed $1000 in traditional IRA for year 2020 & $5000 in Roth IRA 2020, at that point, my income allows me to contribute up to $6000. But for individual brokerage account: if I sell some stock ... read more
VAer ‎Posted Friday | Latest post yesterday by VAer
Sale of NUA stock transferred from 401K should not be included in Net Investment Income tax calculation (that is, Form 8960). How do I correctly exclude it? Is there an indicator in Schedule D or Form 8949 to mark a stock sale as excluded?
cappsokerson ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post yesterday by clivtx
I owned a house in Cape May which was rented for the first part of the year (until April 2019). It was our family home until we moved to the UK in 2016; we rented it to some friends after that. Our tenants moved to another state in May 2019, and we w... read more
MeegsC ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by tagteam
In 2019 my passive losses from my rental properties and partnership, also containing rental properties, was 33000 dollars. I was able to deduct 25,000 of those losses from my normal income due to the small landlord exception. I know the remaining 800... read more
ene777ene ‎Posted February 22, 2020 | Latest post Friday by tagteam
I don't want to pay penalties due to a high tax bill. I have some in gains that I made this year on stocks I sold and want to avoid penalties next year when I file taxes.
gabbard92 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Friday by Hal_Al
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings