Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investors & landlords
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I have a property that was used as follows in a tax year:Jan 1st - Sep 30th (9 months) : personal useOct 1st - Dec 31st (3 months) : rental use I have a mortgage on this property for about $1.25MM. I cannot deduct mortgage interest on the portion of ... read more
wrangler18 ‎Posted 6 hours ago | Latest post 44m ago by Critter
The nominee of my IRA (Charles Schwab) filed form 990-T requesting rebate of taxes paid by (RIC) on my behalf for tax years 2017 & 2018 on MCI and MPV (stocks held in my IRA). In the past I have always received the tax credit in my account by May or ... read more
decia39 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 2 hours ago by Critter
I took a trip to explore a real estate opportunity. Driving, hotel stay, meals, hired a title company to research a property. I am wondering how I can expense it? I have 2 real estate properties that are running at a loss. I file them under Schedule ... read more
wrangler18 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 4 hours ago by Carl
I have a personal property which i converted to a rental property. From January 1 - September 30 the property was used for my own personal use. 9 months.From October 1st it was available for rent. 3 monthsIt was rented on December 1st. When working o... read more
wrangler18 ‎Posted 9 hours ago | Latest post 8 hours ago by Carl
First six month interest payment was to be sent to me around March1,2018 and every 6 months thereafter until the maturity date on the Pro Rata Note.. I have received no money and insteadwas notified they filed bankruptcy in late 2018 that has finaliz... read more
Glycopeg33c ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Critter
es4re ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by Carl
Is it reasonable to assume that I can get help planning my personal tax strategy with a Turbotax tax professional if I purchase TurboTax Live/advantage? Will I receive a single person to work with or is it whoever happens to be at a computer? I have ... read more
jarrad ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by VolvoGirl
My mother in law sold a rental in 2019. The rental property had belonged to her mom until 2017-2018 when her mother transferred the home into my mother in law's name. The property had a tenant that wasn't paying and had to be evicted. The eviction al... read more
blmooremoose ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by Carl
How should I file my taxes??? I am amending my 2017 returns and filing my 2018 returns late. In February 2017 I was not working and decided to renovate my home, Rental Property #1 myself from February 2017 thru September 2018. I placed the property o... read more
wrangler18 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Friday by Carl
I am preparing my 2018 tax return and I noticed that there are no depreciation coming through from one of my rental properties. I then noticed that Turbox Tax marked these assets as sold in 2017. When I tried to amend the 2017 return, I can't instruc... read more
avoInt ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by Carl