Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
annettejimerson6 ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post 17m ago by VolvoGirl
How to fill out form 4797 for my rental property
lgrogean ‎Posted 6 hours ago | Latest post 6 hours ago by DoninGA
rhanmerp ‎Posted June 3, 2019 | Latest post 7 hours ago by Coleen3
I am already renting the main house, and will be renting the new unit long-term. In the year I'm building the new unit, how do I deduct the constrution costs? Do I list them as improvement to the property as a whole and then depriciate them? And woul... read more
patrick5 ‎Posted June 5, 2019 | Latest post 8 hours ago by Carl
nathan_rogers ‎Posted June 3, 2019 | Latest post 12 hours ago by MichaelL1
I have carry forward losses on my rental properties for the last few years ~ will they expire or will they always be there. Do I have a limited time to use them or say will they still be usable if I sale the property in say 10 years?
k9nkid ‎Posted June 7, 2019 | Latest post 13 hours ago by Carl
Does "all repairs, maintenance and improvements" include the improvement that I want to expense using the election expense option for the 2018 tax year?
JessicaJones ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Carl
My father left me his house at time of death but the house remained in a trust until it was sold. I lived in the house for a year and invested money to fix it up to sell. What taxes need to be paid if it was an inheritance though the house wasn't put... read more
sugarandspice486 ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post yesterday by DianeW
bmalkiah ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by DoninGA
E.G. Assume all work and other income from married filing jointly taxes is 60 K. Income threshold for capital gains 15% bracket is 78k. If we sold stock with net earnings of 25k that would put our total income at 85k. Do we only pay the 15% cap gains... read more
lancevonb ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by tagteam
I recently took out a HELOC to purchase a residential rental property. The loan is going to be used only for this purpose, as well as to fix things in the property such as flooring, etc. What points can I deduct from the HELOC if any. It includes Tit... read more
iliadz ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by soultax09
I had made a mistake ( incorrect personal use) in my 2016 return filing because of which it did not show a loss at the time.I will be filing an amendment of the 2016 return. Now the information in my Turbotax online profile interprets there is no los... read more
banerjee_raja ‎Posted June 1, 2019 | Latest post Sunday by TerryA