Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investors & landlords
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Hi, I just sold some stock and have to make some estimated tax payments to avoid penalty. I can compute 1040 ES and 2210. Should I file these forms now or file them along with my 2019 returns next year? Thanks.
saranyan ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by mesquitebean
I have owned a two-family property for 3 years. We have used one unit as our primary residence but have always rented the second unit (50% of property.) If we were to sell the building in order to buy a single family home as our new primary residence... read more
jennannedean ‎Posted 9 hours ago | Latest post 5 hours ago by Critter
We've rental property here in MT which we refinanced to get some cash out to buy the land next door to us. We got $70K from the refinance and, while it is cash, the interest we pay is considered as an investment expense. We paid $30K for the down-pay... read more
AS242 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post yesterday by soultax09
Loan is in wife's name but deed is in her parents and they use it as a rental income property. Who can claim the interest on the loan? Do her parents have a right to claim even when 1098 form comes in wife's name?
detglaman ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post Sunday by TomD8
Hi All,I converted my own home to a rental property in Dec. 2018. Do I include the mortgage interest received even though I put it in as a personal deduction? Thanks
fugees150 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by Carl
When I input my capital gains from stock sales and move forward, the TurboTax software doubles the amount. When I reduced the number in half, an odd number came up. There is a problem.
Dashman ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by fanfare
I purchased house in 2006 and immediately rented it out. I moved in as a primary in July 2007 and lived until July 2019 when I started rerenting to tenants. Do I list this property as a NEW "put in service rental" with the original basis minus all cl... read more
myraccoon ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by Carl
Here are the details: My soon-to-be-ex-husband and I have been separated for almost three years. He and I purchased a home in 2018, and he has NEVER lived there with me and our children. The Deed is in both of our names, the mortgage is in his name s... read more
Justus3 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by Hal_Al