Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Refund - Santa Barbara Tax Group - Tax Products Group

Those numbers are useless.

@kslines121 wrote:

Those numbers are useless.

Those phone numbers are for tax professionals to call, it is not for enquires about your tax refund.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

call: 877-908-7228

Mon-Fri: 7 am - 4 pm Pacific time

For everyone who wants to "sue" or "turn them in"  be aware that is useless ... the third party processing bank  system has been around nearly 20 years (since efiling started ) and is not going away anytime soon since users seem to keep using  them and there is money to be made on the service.     You sign a contract with the processing bank which is a several page legal  document that allows them to do  everything you are all complaining about.   

We don't believe in them so my personal business refuses to use this service at all   and if all  the  DIY program users would also stop using them they would go away naturally.

In my opinion  the TT fees should always be paid upfront if you can.  If you don't have a bank account or CC then  you can buy a pre paid Visa at almost any big box store for $5  and put enough on the card to pay the TT fees  then use that debit card to also receive the refund.  This will save you at least $35 in useless fees.  

For future reference ... 

If you qualify   you can use one of  the 10 IRS FREE FILE options to file a fed & state return for free ... but you must log in thru the IRS site :

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

For Filing Season 2021, you must make $72,000 or below to use one of the 10  IRS Free File partner offers.

mloken

I have the same issue. My tax return was withheld for "Further investigation." The IRS sent the funds promptly, but Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC kept my return. I will never use Turbo tax again. They have lost my trust. Using a bank that steals individual refunds. What is their cut? Turbo Tax and the bank should both be shut down and those responsible thrown in jail.

As a banker, I can’t believe you fell to read the fine lines. Santa Barbara is a middle man and if you filed via turbo tax you signed up for the inconvenience. It’s a big deal so I agree that it should be mentioned in advance but it’s posted in the paperwork and if you owe money to the state or IRS Santa Barbara will deduct from your refund and give you the remaining balance. It’s a 

catastrophe! I say pay up front if possible!

Yes ... if you had read the fine print in the agreement you had to sign you will see that SBTG is a processing bank that can (and will) collect for a variety of different things for a 2 year period after you use them.   When I worked at one of the Big Tax Prep companies that dealt with the RAL's and RAC's  I always pointed this clause out and highlighted it ... it showed where all the processing banks collected for each other so if you got a loan from another bank (or the same bank) and defaulted on the loan or fees in the past 2 years then they will grab the unpaid debts from the current year refund.  

Save a PDF of the return to see the full banking agreement ... log in and scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to let you back in then click on PRINT PENTER to save a PDF with the worksheets ...

refund proc 2022 -1 .jpgrefund proc 2022 - 2.jpg

I'm having crazy issues with SBTG. My refund was sent to a closed account on February 2nd and my bank rejected it immediately and was even able to get me a tracking number to where the money was sent back to, and SGTP keeps claiming that they have not received the funds back and are unable to trace my request WITH the tracking information. Money just doesn't disappear like that....it has to be somewhere collecting interest, and I'm keeping my attorney in the loop of what's happening after all the hours I've spent on hold with them these past 2 weeks just to do EVERYTHING they've asked, but still no progress.  Oh, but they made sure to take their fees already.

But TT doesn't let you alter your account info once its been fully processed. At the point it is on TPG, SBTPG, or the bank. In my case the bank has proven that properly returned the funds too TPG and I have the transaction transcript for that. TPG is claiming they " can't find it" or "I have to wait to get it". It's already been 3 weeks. Why isn't finding clients funds important to them? Why do reps tell you different stories? And how are conveniently the only finical institution involved unable to track transactions? You would think they would see that as a security issue that they would want to rectify.

I will be joining! It’s becoming a hassle. IT’S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!

Wow! That’s crazy!

I hope the issue was resolved. I understand I know a person with similar problems.

Imy refund was sent to sbtpg on 2-16. They took there fees and paid TurboTax but the rest of my refund is magically gone. I spent all day on the phone with them today. They keep saying if I don’t have it by next Tuesday then to call back. That will be 13 days since the irs sent it to them. 13 days after they took there fee and paid TurboTax. There is no way this is legal. I called TT and they are no help. I will never use TT again and I will never have my fees taken out of my return. They are profiting off the people that don’t have the money to pay upfront. It’s disgusting. It’s wrong.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re aware of an issue related to your Refund Processing that may have caused you to see a smaller-than-expected refund.

We’re in the process of reimbursing all who were affected. Within the next 24-48 hours, those affected will receive a credit for $36.25 or $37.25. If you were affected, look for a deposit (in the bank account associated with your return) labeled, “Remaining Federal Refund Due". If you don't see that deposit in a few business days, please contact our phone customer service.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My issue is I was supposed to get my return on the 16th and I still haven’t got it. But sbtpg got there fees, turbo tax got there fees. my other issue is when I call you guys you give me the runaround I paid for the full service 300 and some dollars just for yesterday my tax professional to get changed then to say my name is Charles when it’s not and when I say I haven’t received my tax return they say that’s not up to us contact the IRS when I contact the IRS they say contact your bank when I contact the bank they say contact TurboTax when I contact Turbo tax they say contact the IRS my problem is the whole vicious circle between you and the Santa Barbara tax product group and Credit Karma I will no longer be doing my taxes with you guys ever again

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies