cathy-214

I need to find my AGI from last year’s taxes that I filed on TurboTax.

I filed TurboTax last year and now I don’t know how to get back into it to get my AGI. Could you help me please.

bluedeb

How do I find last year’s AGI?

The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2019 AGI:

• If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2019, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2019 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2019 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2019 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Married Filing Separately in 2019 but filing jointly in 2020?

Filed jointly in 2019 but are Married Filing Separately in 2020?

You won't find your AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form because those forms don't take into account over a dozen above-the-line deductions that go into calculating your AGI.

Your 2019 AGI is on:

• Line 8b on Form 1040 and 1040-SR (for tax year 2019)

bluedeb

@laplace1982 

How do I find last year’s AGI?

Your 2019 AGI is on:

bluedeb

How do I find last year’s AGI?

Your 2019 AGI is on:

figgy1o

You guys could please send me a copy of my 2019 tax returns I have the CD it’s not coming up the license code on this CD that I prepare my taxes is
 if somebody can help me assist them is not sure my 2019 taxes

TerukoL

We do not have access to your TurboTax account on this public internet forum, so we are not able to send you a copy of your 2019 tax return.

If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, and would like to receive a copy to complete this year's tax return, please click, How do I access a prior year return?

If you did not file your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, and would like to receive a copy to complete this year's tax return, please click Can I get a copy of my tax return from the IRS?

laplace1982

My name is traielle turner I need my agi from last year

bluedeb

@laplace1982 

How do I find last year’s AGI?

Your 2019 AGI is on:

dst1216

I need my agi

You need your 2019 AGI to efile 2020. The AGI is on 2019 1040 line 8b. If you filed a Joint return you use the same AGI for each spouse.

How to find the AGI.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

If you didn't file 2019 or filed it later in the year then try entering 0 for the AGI. If that doesn't work you will have to print and mail your return.

managerdan

I filled a 1040, but the AGI is not located there.  IRS rejected the AGI number I previously gave them today.

@managerdan wrote:

The 2019 AGI is on the Form 1040 Line 8b.

If the IRS rejects the 2019 AGI then enter a 0 (zer0) for the 2019 AGI and e-file the tax return again.

asgs56

agi

KatrinaLO

If your 2019 AGI is causing your tax return to be rejected, you can try entering "0" instead. The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

See the information here for steps to correct your AGI on your 2020 tax return. 

If you need assistance on locating your 2019 tax return, please see the following TurboTax FAQ for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2019 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

STR14ga33

No code for 2019 turbo need help find AGI on tax return

MichelleLO

For help locating your 2019 AGI, please see the below TurboTax Help Article:

How do I find last year’s AGI?

@STR14ga33

Aaralyarr26

I need last year Agi 2019