You'll both use the same adjusted gross income (AGI) from your originally filed 2019 joint return.
To prevent a rejection, don't split or allocate the AGI, even if doing so seems more logical to you.
- What's last year's AGI if we filed jointly in 2019 but are using Married Filing Separately in 2020?
- What AGI should I enter if I'm recently divorced or widowed?
- How do we handle our AGI if we used Married Filing Separately in 2019 but are filing jointly in 2020?
- Whose AGI should newlyweds use?
- How do I find last year's AGI?