Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DiRy
Level 1

Turbo tax charged but didn't file

Yet they took my $170 and I never received an email after clicking orange SUBMIT button!!

At least an email saying it was rejected would have been nice

@DiRy Check your spam folder.

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds         

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note:  If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I paid Turbotax $115 to e-file my federal tax return. I transmitted my return, scheduled my federal tax payment for 5/17 and my return never processed. The IRS has no record of me filing and Turbotax doesn't even give me the option of filing (because I already did it) to submit my return. I also have not been able to reach a human representative to speak to to discuss their error and rectify my return. So now, I have paid Turbotax $115 just for me to have to pay a tax penalty to the IRS.

Drereid48
Returning Member

Why they I don't finished my taxs

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you needing to check your e-file status? If so, please click here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Altonsteel
Returning Member

They charged me and I never even clicked summit there crooks . I had to cancel my credit card to get them to stop my payment to there. I saw fee was $236.00 was suppose to be $49 .00 so I stopped and they summited it anyway bunch of crooks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you used the FULL SERVICE program where a tax pro completes the return for you AND you signed the 8879 to allow them to transmit the return  then even if you stop payment for the TT fees they were obligated to send the return because you signed the form.  If you did not want it sent you should have said something before you signed the 8879 form.  This process cannot be undone like the CC payment. 

I have been contacting you for over a year.  You charged me $170.00 last year for taxes that were never filed.  I believe we call this fraud.  I contacted my accountant from previous years and he filed the taxes for me.  I paid him for doing the taxes.  So I paid twice for one service.  I won't be using your service again unless you talk to me about this and send me a refund for a service that you didn't complete.  I see that other people were also billed for dubious charges.  You DO have a reputation to uphold.  Also, I am going to report you to the IRS, AARP,  and the BBB.  My accountant (a CPA) said he would write a letter to you to ascertain that this did in fact happen.  You say we only have 60 days to challenge your charges, but I started contacting you in 2021.  You never returned my emails or my phone calls; I was only able to reply to this message because I finally have your contact information from your contacting me about using your services again.  I don't think that is going to happen; it's up to you.

@catvalentine558 

Once paid the online program fees are not refundable even if you choose to not efile the return thru the TT system.   If you paid the CPA for their time and then choose to not use them to efile the return they also would not refund the fee they earned.   This is the same for the use of the TT program ... once you have paid you could have printed the return and mailed it in.  If TT was to refund the online fees to everyone then they would soon be out of business. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we do not have access to your personal account information and are not able to assist you with the fees you were charged. Billing issues can only be handled by contacting TurboTax Customer Support. Make sure to use the keywords billing issues to you get to the right person.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

Mary108
Returning Member

My 2020 taxes did not get submitted to the IRS, and the turbotax people can't find them in the system. I've tried and they've tried "Add State". The information from the 2020 taxes rolled over to the 2021 taxes with no problem, so it must be in there somewhere. I have a hard copy of them, and I also have them as a download on my computer (along with the letter from TurboTax). If I have to I can mail them in, but I paid for having them e-filed, so I'd love to get that done as well as pay the penalty at the same time. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can check to see if you have multiple accounts registered with TurboTax. The following article will show you how you can find out.

How many Intuit accounts do I have with TurboTax?

You can also verify if you've e-filed here E-file status lookup. 

@Mary108

@Mary108  You didn't pay to efile them.  In the Online version the fees are to prepare the returns whether you efile or print and mail.  Prior year returns have to be mailed.  Sorry.   You said you have the pdf download.  Then you need to print that to mail it in.  You don't need all the pages.  And don't forget to sign it.  

How to Access prior year online returns
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

Did you get a letter from the IRS saying they didn't get it?  Did you have a tax due?  

abs3

Almost had the opposite. Went through the process. looked over my return and PAID. Checked my bank account a couple days later and the payment went. through.. On the 18th I got an email from turbotax.. turns out my taxes were never filed. 

What did the email say?  Did your efile reject?  Or maybe it was for another account.  That's common. What payment came out of your account?  The Turbo Tax fees or the tax due?

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

If you used the Online version you can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  And check your spam folder for them.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies