Did you mean: 
Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

TT asks questions about requesting a waiver for missed 2021 RMD, but do I also need to complete form 5329 and then print TT and mail?
JeannieMac ‎Posted February 14, 2022 | Latest post 48m ago by Jtspeaks
Hello. I requested to convert my entire traditional IRA to a Roth IRA (aka backdoor Roth). Because of a delay in processing, after the conversion there was $0.20 left in my traditional IRA. I believe $0.20 was interest that accumulated between time o... read more
starkyfubbs ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 4 hours ago by dmertz
Yes, I've had an Roth IRA for more than 5- years. So what? Why is Turbo Tax (for the IRS) asking what were my contributions were. I am 80, those contributions go back 30-40 years ago! I never contributed more than allowed. So now what? Tell them to s... read more
vince4ltci ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by dmertz
If I leave form 1099R as received, the taxable amount is "not determined" although I am pretty sure that the Gross Distribution is fully taxable. Please advise.
LenJacobs ‎Posted June 3, 2019 | Latest post Tuesday by dmertz
I have an existing IRA that I wanted to use to fund a new IRA with a different trustee. Can I just transfer funds from the existing IRA to the new one and still keep the funds tax deferred? It's not a complete withdrawal, just a partial transfer of t... read more
stevenski ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Tuesday by dmertz
Hello, I'd be very grateful for any information on how to appropriately resolve the following issue. In 2021, I made after-tax unmatched contributions to my traditional 401(k), and in the same year, rolled over the contributions and earnings to a Rot... read more
River_Rise ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Monday by River_Rise
scd112 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by Critter-3
Good afternoon,Until last year income tax (2019), I always enter my private Canadian pension form NR4 using a 1099-R substitute ( form 4852), but this year I received the message that the form 4852 cannot be file electronically? Is it an error? If no... read more
jowatt ‎Posted January 28, 2021 | Latest post Sunday by 15928orca
Am I still subject to the 10% early withdrawl penalty. I was 57 when I took it out and now I am 58.
hilliard_brenda ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by Opus 17
I am trying to transfer Roth IRA funds from broker to bank. If broker sends a check from my Roth account made payable to <> FBO, For Benefit of <> and sends to my address, and then I bring to the bank but I don't cash this check but rather bring this... read more
cbusa ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by dmertz
1099-R is inputted showing correct amount in box 1 and box 2a. Turbotax form, however, shows correct amount for box 2a but incorrect amount for box 1. Why might that be? (box 2b is unchecked; Distribution code is 7D.
trbacon48 ‎Posted February 6, 2022 | Latest post Thursday by VolvoGirl
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings