Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

cynthiadixon52 ‎Posted May 31, 2019 | Latest post 2 hours ago by xmasbaby0
I am retired and on Medicare. I transferred money from my IRA to my HSA through my financial institution. I didn't realize that I could not do this until after a few days after the rollover was complete, at which time I had the money transferred from... read more
RMGl ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by dmertz
fmrsa ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post 2 hours ago by Thedarkangel1975
Hi there, Trying to get a start on my taxes and ran into a snag. I was employed by Company (A) up until 2018 when I was fired. I had a 401k in it that I contributed to regularly from my paycheck. A year or so prior I had taken a loan out against it (... read more
stevenmainca91 ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by dmertz
2019 TurboTax Premier is telling me I over contributed to my HSA by $100 this year. I am over 55 and contributed $8000 ($7000 Family + $1000 Catch-up) which I believe is allowable for 2019. $7900 was the maximum 2018 deduction. How do I clarify this ... read more
RouteRick ‎Posted November 13, 2019 | Latest post 3 hours ago by rjs
baddad240 ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post 3 hours ago by yougogirls2
where can I find info on the NJ pension exclusion? Number 28a on the NJ tax return.
tbleak ‎Posted June 1, 2019 | Latest post 3 hours ago by Dusasdad
Hello...I switched jobs in 2019 and my previous employer failed to withhold and deposit deferrals into the 401K plan from pay I received after my departure from the company. Instead the amount I intended to defer into the plan was paid directly to me... read more
OpieTGuy ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post 3 hours ago by ThomasM125
trishareed78 ‎Posted 19 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by xmasbaby0
Mom died in November 2018, I inherited part of her IRA January 2019 and liquidated the full amount immediately. Tax form has a “4” in Box 7.Questions are: Question 1: Was this withdrawal an RMD? Yes, some or all of this withdrawal was an RMD. No, non... read more
dcl766 ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by AmyC
I'm having trouble with filling out my tax breaks. TurboTax is saying that they noticed I took out money from my retirement plan, but that's not true. What happened is that I was sent a check with all the remaining money in that retirement plan from ... read more
diveintodreams ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by DavidD66
Top Contributors