Did you mean: 
Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

I have mailed a form 4869 application for extension to file my 2019 Federal taxes to October 15, 2020. I did not make a payment with the extension application because taxes are deducted from my pension. An RMD was taken automatically in 2019, which I... read more
stan6976 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post 41m ago by stan6976
Will Care’s act early 401k withdrawal amount be added to EITC AGI?
n0m0r3j0hn ‎Posted 6 hours ago | Latest post 4 hours ago by Opus 17
Hello Turbotax Community!I am wrapping up taxes for my girlfriend. I am confused with the MAGI calculation. Multiple sources mentioned that passive loss (capital losses?) should be added back to the adjusted gross income (AGI) [see source 1 below]. D... read more
buns2 ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post yesterday by dmertz
I wanted to use the "what If" form to help me "predict" my possible tax bill when I turn 72 and have to take a RMD from my 401K My 2019 tax situation is pretty straightforward. I qualify for the standard deduction, my income is SSA , a $500/mo pensio... read more
thinders1951 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by thinders1951
Hello. Hoping someone can help me with this question. I just withdrew a prior year excess contribution (for tax year 2019) and had already filed my taxes back in March. My understanding is I had until October to do this. The IRA custodian said I will... read more
fkane ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by dmertz
My federal and state taxes were rejected because the day I didn’t include an AGI. I receive social security and do not see an AGI anywhere on my 1099. What do I do next?
Chere59 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by VolvoGirl
ltyrell ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by DoninGA
In 2019, I made a contribution to my standard IRA. As I began to file my taxes, I realized that I wasn't allowed to make that contribution. I withdrew the funds as well as the appreciation in 2020. Where in TurboTax Deluxe 2019 can I find the section... read more
Steven-Papier ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by macuser_22
Hi, I’m thinking about withdrawing $ from 401k for a home down payment. i will need to pay the taxes on it next year. How can I calculate what the taxes will be? Thank you
Sherrionlove ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by Opus 17
Top Contributors