Did you mean: 
Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

My husband turned 72 this year. He's a part-time teacher and gets paid when he teaches. Due to the pandemic, his classes were canceled. The school keeps his status as "active/employed" so he can teach as classes resume. His 2021 earnings so far is $0... read more
YT6 ‎Posted 6 hours ago | Latest post 6 hours ago by macuser_22
ddelo527 ‎Posted February 15, 2021 | Latest post 12 hours ago by WessstEdwards
Last year I put $5000 in my Roth IRA.TurboTax says i have excess contribution of $1500 - because not enough 'earned income'.My income came from: a W2 for $3500, and a K-1 for $58,000 from my S-Corp (I do not take a salary).If I materially participate... read more
PeryW ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Monday by PeryW
Does a taxable lawsuit settlement count as earned income for the purposes of the Roth IRA contribution limits? Say a taxable lawsuit settlement put you over the income limit - can you still contribute to a Roth IRA since Medicare and social security ... read more
Lynn234 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by macuser_22
My wife is forced to take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from an IRA she inherited from her great grandmother (?). Why does NJ care what the value of "all IRA's" are? What does this even mean, exactly? The value of all IRAs in my wife's name? ... read more
Jordan40 ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Sunday by fanfare
Hello everyone: I listed information below for reference purpose:Residental state: TexasYear 2020 Tax Filing status: Married file jointlyYear 2020 AGI: $139,428Turbox Tax showed effective tax rate as: 10.10%My contribution to Traditional IRA Account ... read more
yosemite798 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by macuser_22
These monthly expenses show up on the 1099-B as Undetermined Term Transactions, with no acquired date or Cost Basis.The Acquired Date must be retrieved from your records, and there is already a publicly available calculator to determine your cost bas... read more
abert8722 ‎Posted March 18, 2020 | Latest post Sunday by Jack100000
It took 5 but won't accept the 6th.
syost ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by GeorgeDenseff
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings