Did you mean: 
Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

I'm over age 65, have retired a few years ago and collect a federal retirement pension and social security annuity. I am considering working at home as a self-employed free lance writer planning on filing Sched C to arrive at my taxable income and Sc... read more
strangerobert5 ‎Posted 5 hours ago | Latest post an hour ago by Bsch4477
patsysrefund ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by Critter
I wasn't sent my RMD and I don't have enough room to explain the error. The "Add more space" button doesn't work.
peggygarden ‎Posted 9 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by fanfare
I double checked with my employer that I am eligible for up to $3,000 beyond the $19,000 limit for 2019. However TurboTax offers me no opportunity to enter this information or override it manually. Thanks for any help or insights.
vkamat ‎Posted 3 hours ago
I plan on using this money towards a down payment to purchase my principal residence. Should I wait to rollover to an IRA after leaving the company or go ahead and withdraw from the 401K?
lllbreezy ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 4 hours ago by macuser_22
Hi, I made contribution for traditional IRA $2000 in 2019 and $4000 in April 2020 and convert the total $6000 to Backdoor Roth IRA in April 2020. I have filed my 2019 tax in FEB 2020. I didn't report the $2000 non-deductible traditional IRA when I fi... read more
anitang0505 ‎Posted 21 hours ago | Latest post 4 hours ago by fanfare
Last year I retired from a company that had a profit sharing plan with only company stock. I rolled all the proceeds from the sale of this stock directly into an IRA. I received a 1099-R from the ESOP where I was able to show that this was rolled ove... read more
Helloitsme2 ‎Posted 14 hours ago | Latest post 5 hours ago by Helloitsme2
Im filing joint but with injured spouse form
russsherry2006 ‎Posted 5 hours ago
migmac29 ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 7 hours ago by Critter
Where do add tax withheld from RMD?
marycwinter ‎Posted 9 hours ago | Latest post 8 hours ago by DoninGA
Top Contributors