turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Program updates - download version 2019

I hate to say it . . . but I agree and will be very interested to see what the forum finds as TurboTax alternatives.  I have used it for over a decade, but am getting to the end of my rope.

NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I posted it in a reply here about a week ago:  FreeTaxUSA

Federal filing is free with free e-file and state is $14.99. I'm not sure if that includes state e-file.  I experimented with it the other day after I had already filed my taxes with TurboTax, just to see how close the two were.  I hurried through FreeTaxUSA and it came up with about $50 less of a refund on my federal, although I probably missed a few things here and there.  I didn't want to spend hours and hours with it, like I did with TT, so I was just plugging in some numbers.

I will probably switch to that program next year if TT doesn't get their act together before then.  I started using TT over 20 years ago and have supported them with 5 star reviews on Amazon through the years but this is unacceptable.

To GabiU: the link you provided simply gives a list of the forms available or unsupported; nothing about updates, which is the subject of 11 pages of this thread.

TaxGeek2: Have you tried going to the top? Here is contact information for Intuit obtained from elliott.org: Phone Contacts

Main: [phone number removed]

Customer Service: [phone number removed]

Toll Free: [phone number removed]

The Intuit website posts another customer support phone number: [phone number removed]

Email Contacts

[email address removed]

(Ah, interesting, before I could post this, all the contact links were mysteriously removed. Go the source included above to get them.)

I agree this is a major issue as trust in the product should be primary consideration for future use. This is my 3rd year using TT after reading good reviews on PCMag.com. While I found their phone support system  exceedingly frustrating, once I was able to connect to a real tax consultant, I was able to work through all my questions with them for as long as it took. Based on the thread of comments to TaxGeek2's post on TurboTax's community page, I will definitely consider switching next year. Does anyone here have experience with other programs, e.g. TaxAct or HRBlock?

Several weeks later - I'll just note that the link provided to find out what is in updates is still broken.  TT looks like a bunch of amateurs on this one.

Agreed.  Still not fixed as of April 2, 2020.  This is not like TT, I been using for over 22 years and this is not acceptable.  Calling the service desk for answers?  Please.

Excellent regurgitation of the Intuit boilerplate.  It's also useless.  I have reached out to your forums and there are only displeased customers who want this information and other Intuit employees regurgitating the same boilerplate.

I have also reached out to your support phone numbers several times with ZERO results.   For the most part, the reps have been pleasant and seemed to want to provide information on the updates, but they have not been able to find out anything, either.

Why don't you have the honesty and integrity to tell the truth: Intuit has decided it's not going to bother providing information on "critical" updates to the program and tax forms?

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME contacting customer service.  I've done so several times and they have no more information that the busted link on the update screen.

For  @tovaface 

I took a shot at going to the top.  Much to my surprise, I did get an actual phone call back.  The person was very nice and said he understood my complaint.  However, he also said Intuit had stopped providing the release notes due to "resource constraints".   

I take that to mean they are betting that enough customers, like the ones in this forum. will not move to another product next year that they will make more money by not bothering to provide the release notes.

I pointed out to him that many of those in this forum are not just customers in their own right but also influencers among families, friends and so forth.  If we decide to move to another product and talk up or decision and reason for making it among those in our circles, the number of lost customers could be a lot more than just those of us who are angered enough to post here.

Trini969

I was asked to update software. I was asked to enter 14 digit .

I misplaced it. Can you help me to recover?

Thanks,

Hardeo

Trini969

I am stuck since I can't my 14 digit purchase code. I need help

Hardeo 

[email address removed]

[phone number removed]

most likely the manager who was in charge of reviewing the changes and the change list was

• promoted
  • retired
  • too old and was told to leave with a few weeks of severance pay.

I would use another company to do your taxes.  I let Turbotax do mine....and payment come from my refund.  My refund is delayed due to an error TurboTax made so they are going to just take the money from my account.  I do not mind paying for services but with what is going on with the virus I don't really have the money until payday again next Wed.  They would not even give me until then to pay them so I would not have to worry about feeding my family.  Its not much $80, but ever bit counts right now.  Actually I am going to post all the details of how this all happened and how they can't even work with me knopwing my refund would cover the cost as I wanted it to.  Not good business to work with and I will stay away and sure everyone that hears this story will too.  Good luck if you use them.  It seems like a simple way to get it done in a hurry, but not if they are going to have the pratices they have.  BTW...just sent me an email telling me they were taking money from my account due to the extra time it has taken to get my return back....honestly just a couple extra weeks probably.  They didn't tell me there was A time limit and if the IRS took longer then they expected, they would just suck the money out of my account!!!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies