turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

vamtheanomaly
Returning Member

How do I send an email to turbotax?

Contact support questionaire isn't working. No matter what you do to submit it turns red like incorrect info. I even tried using one of their examples to get to the next step and it was a no go.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You can also contact us for assistance using the link below.

Contact TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@vamtheanomaly wrote:

Contact support questionaire isn't working. No matter what you do to submit it turns red like incorrect info. I even tried using one of their examples to get to the next step and it was a no go.

There are no issues with these TurboTax support websites -

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

If you are having a problem with the websites, change your web browser.  Google Chrome works well with any TurboTax website.

@ vamtheanomaly wrote:

I just tried it, and it worked for me at:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

The issue line did blink red when I clicked Submit, but it proceeded OK to the next screen.

Do you have a different browser to try?

If you're using a paid edition (PLUS or higher), you are entitled to phone support.

(800) 446-8848

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days.

If you're using Free Edition, phone support is not included, but you can upgrade to PLUS for 29.99, or can contact a TurboTax Support agent directly via messaging at Twitter or Facebook.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

First it's not clear why TT requires that we have to sign in to our account to be able to express our pain and opinion on this blog? Second it is unbelievable that a bunch of so called CPAs CAs provide their customers with a blog page like this crap where there is no way to directly express your opinion unless you click on a reply box.

Third, like a lot of other tech companies to become easily and fast millionaires at the cost of so many poor customers even in these hard times,TT is also a rip off oriented and outdated software or application that lures its customers first to "file your tax return for free" wasting hours before it requires that you have to pay or your tax return will not be completed and sent to IRS for state return? 

Not only for 2019 tax return, TT trapped me in this scam making me pay $50,00 or my tax return won't be sent to state IRS in addition of ending up with a wrong tax return where it is so complicated to correct with no access to help or support except this cappie blog? Imagine if you are in a rush for help or again you have to pay $120.00 to a so called CPA to get support, but also in 2018 tax return, the same scam made me buy their other crappie and outdated and newly created QuickBooks at a price of something around $245 0r $265 deducted right away from my little tax refund.

It is a shame that these tech companies continue the same scam by ripping off their customers even in these hard times where millions of low income workers have lost jobs and do not even have money to eat.

It is unclear who oversees these scam tech companies as to if they are really certified for public trust .

TFOAK

The response makes you call Turbo Tax.  I called three times for a problem trying to the the Business Version to complete a Trust return (it won't saying that the forms are not yet available... but they are easily found on line).  After waiting an hour for the first two times for them to call back, each time the Turbo Tax representative promptly hung up right after I told them my problem.  The third time I had to spend 15 minutes navigating a phone tree only to find that I'd have to wait on line for more than an hour.  Terrible service and terrible software!

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

You can try messaging through Facebook or Twitter but there is no email contact method.   Calling is probably your best option but you can try social media as that may help too.

There is a problem with your software - it does not appear to be up to date.   You can try the troubleshooting below but if you are still having issues, you will need to contact phone support or try the other options mentioned above.  

If you're on a PC, open TurboTax and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. On a Mac, simply quit and reopen TurboTax. If there are any updates, you'll be prompted to download them.

Tips:

• It's best to use a wired, high-speed connection when updating, both to save time and minimize data corruption.
  • If your connection drops in the middle of the update, try again; it should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having trouble updating on your PC, try a manual update.

Related Information:

@TFOAK

TFOAK

Thanks for the information.  It allowed me to discover that I had bought an illegal copy of the software through Amazon without the proper access codes.  The firm that supplied it to Amazon is "llob".   I called Amazon and right away talked to a very helpful representative that authorized a return even though it was after 30 days.  On looking at the Amazon reviews I saw at least 4 others who had been suckered into trying to save $10 on a cd version.  Go with the download and relax!  The download version worked perfectly and nicely.  Thanks.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Luckily you made the purchase through Amazon and they will refund you for any bad software purchased through them.   They are an authorized reseller, but there are others that operate on Amazon's platform (like llob) that are not legit.   I will forward this to the moderators and I am glad to hear that the downloaded version worked nicely for you!! 

How do I contact customer service?

I got nowhere with phone support.

I filed my taxes using the offer for $0 federal $0 state. I went to pay and was asked to pay $45. What I was charged was $105 with no explanation for the additional $60. I did not authorize this. Ive been scammed and I want my money back.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

The call volumes are very high with the tax deadline here. 

You can try contacting us using the link below.  It may be easier to get through tomorrow if you have already paid and filed your taxes.

Contact TurboTax

If you have not filed or paid yet, you can use the instructions in the link below to downgrade your software.  

You will need to clear and start over to downgrade.

How to downgrade TurboTax to a lower level

@Cindyweeks64503 wrote:

How do I contact customer service?  I got nowhere with phone support.

I filed my taxes using the offer for $0 federal $0 state. I went to pay and was asked to pay $45. What I was charged was $105 with no explanation for the additional $60. I did not authorize this. Ive been scammed and I want my money back.

This is a user community forum, but we may be able to explain your charges.

$60 is the price of a Federal return in the Deluxe Edition.   There may have been something in your Free Edition return that required an upgrade.  

FAQ:  Why do I have to upgrade from Free Edition?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/upgrading/help/why-do-i-have-to-upgrade-from-free-edition/00/26379

As for the other fee, it could have been a couple of possibilities.    Are you in California, and did you choose to pay the $60 fee out of the Federal refund?   If so, in California there is an additional $45 service fee for that option (bundled as "Premium Services"), and $40 in other states.  That latter fee could have been avoided by paying upfront with credit/debit card.

Or did you happen to purchase the MAX Benefits add-on package?

In any case, nothing account-specific can be handled in this user community forum.  If you need to discuss your fees with TurboTax Support, you can reach them via the info in JotikaT2's comment in this thread.   As she mentioned. today specifically and this week in general is the busiest of the year.

How can TurboTax advertise $0 Federal $0 State and then charge me $60 Federal without informing me and $45 state? 

Have they not heard of false advertising which last I checked is illegal. I have been scammed. Your practices are deceptive and Fraudulent. I want my money back.

@Cindyweeks64503 wrote:

How can TurboTax advertise $0 Federal $0 State and then charge me $60 Federal without informing me and $45 state? 

Have they not heard of false advertising which last I checked is illegal. I have been scammed. Your practices are deceptive and Fraudulent. I want my money back.

I'm sorry, but this cannot be resolved in a user community forum.  You'll need to discuss your issue with the folks at TurboTax and plead your case to them.   Did you try and were unable to reach them?    This is their busiest week of the year due to the filing deadline.   Or did you reach them, and they wouldn't refund it?    Sometimes they say that continuing to pay and file indicated acceptance of the terms.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

In the form say billing issue or problem with fees.  If you use the term "refund", it might send you to check on a tax refund.

On April 24, 2020, you folks did my taxes and took $125.00 from my checking account.  It was determined that I was to get a Federal Tax Return of $1,626.00.  Today is September 18, 2020, and I have not received a cent of my return back.  I am seventy-one years old, retired and the person who did my taxes told me that I would receive my return in six to eight weeks.  

So, what is going on and why was I robbed and lied to by your company.  I can never trust you again.  My bills are getting any smaller as if you cared.

Sincerely,

Thomas L. Manino

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies