turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to change credit card on file

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KaseyG

Here are the steps to changing the credit card on file with TurboTax.
  1. Click on My Account at the top of the online program screen. 
  2. Click on Account Settings.  On  Billing & Shipping Information click edit
  3. Then click on Overview in the box in the upper left. 
  4. Then on Payment Information click on View/Edit
If you need to change for TurboTax Advantage, here is an FAQ on changing the information:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301324

View solution in original post

63 Replies
KaseyG

Here are the steps to changing the credit card on file with TurboTax.
  1. Click on My Account at the top of the online program screen. 
  2. Click on Account Settings.  On  Billing & Shipping Information click edit
  3. Then click on Overview in the box in the upper left. 
  4. Then on Payment Information click on View/Edit
If you need to change for TurboTax Advantage, here is an FAQ on changing the information:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301324

There is no "Billing & Shipping Information" under "My Account", just items like username and password.

marvjohn01
Returning Member

I keep getting emails to update my credit card. The only credit card Ivan find that is on file is my current one, ending in 3304.

Please fix whatever is causing my old credit card to remain on file.

Please confirm that my order will be delivered on time.

Someone recommended that I enter my new credit card information using a "download" link. That worked.

Only you can confirm your situation ... you can ignore the emails if everything is OK.  Make sure you updated the card in time for the 2019 program distribution.  If you did not you will need to make other purchase arrangements for the 2019 program.   Also make sure you do not have more than one Advantage Account ... if you do then cancel the unwanted account(s) to stop the reminder emails. 

If you need to confirm or update the credit card information on file with your subscription:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax Advantage account.
  2. Once you've signed in, select Billing and shipping info on the left side, then the TurboTax Advantage info radio button.
  3. Select Edit to confirm or update your payment, billing, or shipping address.

Related Information:

See this TurboTax support FAQ on when to expect your Advantage order - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/when-can-i-expect-to-receive-my-turbotax-a...

When can I expect to receive my TurboTax Advantage order?

TurboTax Advantage downloads for tax year 2019 will start releasing on November 5 and the CDs will be shipped between November 14 and 22. Check your order status here.

If you ordered TurboTax on a CD, you can also get the downloadable version after it releases in early November. To access, sign in to your TurboTax Advantage account and select Downloads.

Go into your Advantage account and click the link so that the license code is copied to your clipboard… then scroll to the very bottom of the page.....you should see a comment that you can download your software by clicking THAT link  there.

Also make sure you do not have more than one Advantage Account ... if you do then cancel the unwanted account(s) to stop the reminder emails. 

TurboTax Advantage Program:

Check for other accounts ...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901328-forgot-your-turbotax-advantage-login

Cancel unwanted accounts ...  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901052-cancelling-or-refunding-your-turbotax-advantage-enrollment...

Those steps don't currently work because "Billing & Shipping Information" doesn't appear under "Account Settings".

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number
They are available M-F  from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.

What if you already submit it how can change the payment method 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You would want to contact the IRS directly to change the payment method if you made a payment for your taxes. Some changes you can make directly online in your account, but note that you will need to call them if you have to make changes to a direct debit agreement.You can use the link provided below for assistance:

Online payment agreement

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

@Kayla254 did you have a question that was not already answered by Critter or another user?

Tried logging into turbo card app and it’s showing my old card number I have a new card with you guys 

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, please visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169. You should contact card customer service to ensure the correct card information is reflected in your account.

How do I add a debit card to my turbo tax account after I just submitted my tax returns 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Once you have submitted your tax return, you cannot make a change to your debit card information.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies