Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 TurboTax - "All Available activations for that code have been used. Error code:603"

customer is still having issue w/ turbo tax deluxe 2021 giving her an error message of "code is associated with a different account. how would we assist customer please? ty

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

2019 TurboTax - "All Available activations for that code have been used. Error code:603"

@rhonda spradley Are they using TurboTax Online or the Download/CD product? Can you provide additional information, for example, is there an error code attached to the error message?  What type of code is this and where are they entering this code?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@rhonda spradley    Are you a Turbo Tax employee?   You should ask through your own channels.   You have more access than this public forum.   And you should have an employee badge by your name.

If you installed from the CD it seems you can not download it from online now.  You can't do both CD and download.   See the new info on this FAQ

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

It says...

You can download your software directly from TurboTax. But, keep in mind, you can't use both the CD and the download — you must use one or the other.

And....if the CD has already been registered and installed on another device, you will not be able to switch to the download product or you may receive an error message that says, "This product is already associated with another account."

So you need to call in to get the download pushed to your account.  Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time
Monday-Friday

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

I'm having the same problem (2019 all available activations used).  But the "Contact Us" link you give goes nowhere.  Is there an updated link?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The links from @VolvoGirl work when I click on them. Here are more help options:

zinj
Level 2

Ha!  Don’t hold your breath.   TurboTax is managed (if that’s even the right word for it) as a cash cow.   Why spend on customer service and responsiveness when you’re #1?

I’ve reported bugs in the past - actual misreading of the tax code implemented in their software - even got one of their own tax accountants to admit the mistake, and…

nothing changed that year, the following year or the year after that.

there’s zero follow-through.

Best of luck though.

Yeah; very disappointed.  As if I'm going to rip off the 2019 version somehow in 2022 and send it to 5 other people to do their taxes now.  I tried ALL the fixes people list including uninstall / reinstall, changing my DNS servers, IPCONFIG commands, etc.  I absolutely won't buy another copy.

BUT the good news is that I was awarded TWO forum badges for posting!  And maybe this comment will get me a third!  That kinda makes up for not being able to go back to how my tax return was figured.

c1916

If this wasn't so sad, it'd be hilarious.

I've run into the infamous Error Code 603 (on the 2021 product), and can positively guarantee that my install code has been used precisely twice.

Got on the phone with their support staff today (only 20 minute wait!).  The agent "confirmed" that my install code had been used 5 times.  I asked her for supporting information.  Give me the IP Address, give me the location, hell.....just give me the dates.  "Oh no sir, there is no such information available, all we have is a count of installations and your code indicates 5 installations."

So...I took two tacks. 

1) What you're telling me is that YOU say I installed it 5 times but cannot provide the proof or supporting documentation.  I'M saying that I installed it only twice, but cannot provide the proof or supporting documentation.  Is the customer EVER right in this scenario?  

2) So, you can also see that I've been a client for 10+ years.  I'm loyal to your product, can you please give me a single workaround to justify my faith in your product?  "Oh no sir.  You didn't buy this copy direct from TT, you need to go back to your retailer."  Hold on a minute...you think a retailer is going to be sitting on spare activation codes and give me one?  You WHOLESALE your product through my RETAILER.  YOU need to support me as the end user.  It doesn't matter where I buy the product, you created it and are expected to provide support.  "Oh no sir, I have no activation codes to provide clients who bought the product from a retail outlet."

If you're not able to provide me with reasonable customer service on this matter, perhaps there's someone in your management chain with whom I can speak?

"Oh yes sir, let me transfer you to our escalation team." 

Click.

@ DJVorreyer wrote:

"Oh yes sir, let me transfer you to our escalation team." 

Click.

Sorry about your frustrating support experience.  This is a user community forum, but I'll tell you below how you can bump it up and send feedback and ask for a review of your situation (and hopefully a new code) by emailing Intuit Corporate.

But first, could it be this?  Even though you installed it only twice, did TurboTax during a later usage ask you to re-enter the activation code when you launched it?    i.e., some people get asked all of a sudden at a subsequent launch to re-enter the activation code again, and if they do, it uses up one of their "installations"  even though it's the same computer.  A request to enter the code again can occur if anything in your system has changed since the original installation--such as the addition of a flash drive, external device, printer that was not there before, or the absence of an external USB device that was present during installation but no longer is.  One user even said it was happening to him with an SD memory card.   It happened to me once when I had left a flash drive in a USB port.

If it were to come to it, TurboTax desktop software has an unconditional 60-day moneyback satisfaction guarantee no matter where the product was purchased--directly from TurboTax or elsewhere.

However, you may wish to try this to get a new license code:

If you want to contact the Intuit Corporate office and relate your experience and see if they will provide you a new code, you can go to the page below. Just below the page's large title, you'll see a screen-wide blue banner that prominently says:

"Do you have a question, concern, or feedback about an Intuit product or service?"

There is a "Send an email" link with an arrow.  It goes to a designated person in the office of the president of Intuit, and they supposedly will assign it to the right team for review.

NOTE:  Do NOT send any sensitive personal data since that is regular email--not secure email.

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

c1916

Thanks for the comments.

I read this entire thread before attempting to contact their phone help, so I am aware of the workarounds suggested.  So, yes, any potential USB or SD card impact, the firewall and other security settings were all vetted.

I am also aware of the 60 day warranty.  My purchase was in December, so that was not on the table.

Anyway...I tried again via the call chain, managed to get an escalation agent on the line the second time around.  I argued two primary points.  1) The fact that I've been a client for more than 10 years, and 2) The fact that, while I can't "prove" only two installations, neither can Intuit "prove" five installations.  In this case, the question about customer service comes into play.  While the customer may not always be right, if you cannot prove your claim of 5 installations, the question becomes how you want to treat your client base.

I was given a new code.  

Still comical and problematic from an overall perspective, but if you can get the right agent on the line, it is possible that you will be accommodated.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

I'm glad to hear you got a new code and were able to resolve the issue.

Have had this problem in past years and am having again in 2022.  I downloaded and activated but TT asks for the activation key each time it updates and after 5 updates, it won't accept the key anymore.  Help.

You have to call in and get a new code.  How to contact Turbo Tax
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.  One person found to disable his virus scanner and firewall first and then it opened.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies