Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 TurboTax - "All Available activations for that code have been used. Error code:603"

Tried repairing. Still cant

open files without license code. 

2019 TurboTax - "All Available activations for that code have been used. Error code:603"

@ Janbradford  wrote:

I’m having the same

issues and cannot get tech support. I really need access to my  2019 files but I cannot locate my license code. Therefore I cannot open my files. This just started asking for the code. I am livid.

Tried repairing. Still cant open files without license code. 

If your TurboTax program suddenly started asking for the license code again, many folks (including myself) have discovered this is commonly due to the presence of a USB device (such as a thumb drive or external drive) plugged in that was not there when TurboTax was originally activated.    So if you have any USB drive plugged in, disconnect it, then launch TurboTax and see if it still asks for activation. 

I personally forgot I had my thumb drive plugged in the other day, and when I launched TurboTax, it asked for activation; then once I removed the thumb drive, it launched normally.   A lot of other users have reported A USB drive was the cause of their problem, too.

Or it can work the other way around.  If you had a USB drive plugged in when you originally installed TurboTax, plug it back in.  In other words, try to return your system so it's like the way it was configured when you installed TurboTax.

Another user also said this same thing can happen when using a SD card.   So if you have an SD card, try it with and without the SD card plugged in.

After trying all that, if you still need to speak to TurboTax Support, here's how:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Loaded TurboTax Deluxe 2019 on my new computer and when I execute it freezes at TurboTax 2019 Activation

nothing happens

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Help Article here for further instructions on this error message. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@MS1PD2-KNN wrote:

Loaded TurboTax Deluxe 2019 on my new computer and when I execute it freezes at TurboTax 2019 Activation  nothing happens

Are you using the Windows version?  By "freezing", does that refer to a blank activation popup screen so you can't enter your license code?   Here's a solution that has worked for many customers activating the 2020 product, so it may well work for 2019 installation as well.

In the Windows version, a blank activation screen may be related to either a screen resolution or scaling problem in your Windows settings.

In your Windows Settings do you have scaling set to a higher value than the normal 100%? If so, change it back to 100%. Once the license code is entered and activated, you can later change your scaling setting back like it was.

In Windows 10 to get to the scaling or resolution settings click the Windows start button in lower left corner, then choose Settings (gear icon), then System, then Display.

If lowering the scaling to 100% didn't help, then it may be screen resolution.  Try a lower screen resolution such as 800x600.  Once you get the license activated, you can revert your resolution setting back like it was.

andybillem
Returning Member

Tiffany..  In 2019 I purchased Turbotax Deluxe for 2019.  Installed from CD.  Entered license code.  No problem.  Finished my 2019 tax return, filed electronically, no problem.   For 2020, same routine.  Filed electronically.  Now, when I try to look back at my 2019 return, when Turbotax 2019 launches, it asks for the license code for 2019. I  get the 2019 CD, enter the license code and get the error code 603 "all activation's have been used."  I followed all instructions for all recommended resolutions and no success.  I'm afraid that if I need to amend my 2019 return, I won't be able to. 

@ andybillem  wrote:

Tiffany..  In 2019 I purchased Turbotax Deluxe for 2019.  Installed from CD.  Entered license code.  No problem.  Finished my 2019 tax return, filed electronically, no problem.   For 2020, same routine.  Filed electronically.  Now, when I try to look back at my 2019 return, when Turbotax 2019 launches, it asks for the license code for 2019. I  get the 2019 CD, enter the license code and get the error code 603 "all activation's have been used."  I followed all instructions for all recommended resolutions and no success.  I'm afraid that if I need to amend my 2019 return, I won't be able to. 

Sorry you're having trouble.   We don't know what "instructions for all recommended resolutions" means since it's too broad, and we have no idea of what all you have tried, or even what all recommendations have even been mentioned in this community forum in various threads.   I'll mention one of the most common reasons that several users have reported (including myself), and if you have already considered it, then just ignore it, and phone TurboTax Support using the contact info below.

TurboTax is very sensitive to the system configuration and may consider a change as a new installation of the program.   One of the common things it senses and asks for activation is if there is now a USB drive present that wasn't present when your 2019 program was installed.  (or perhaps vice versa, if a USB drive was present back then, but isn't now.)    It does it to me personally if I leave my USB thumb drive plugged in when I launch TurboTax.  Once I remove it, it launches normally without asking for a code.

Another user reported (anecdotally) that it can also happen with one of those tiny SD cards.  So if you have a USB drive or SD card plugged in, remove them and see what happens when you launch your 2019 TurboTax.  Or if you have removed one that was present during the 2019 installation, you can try reconnecting it to see if it makes a difference.

If you need to speak by phone with TurboTax Support, you can use this contact form to get a number:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

und73
Returning Member

TT would not accept activation code. Now says all activations are used. Called "Support" who hung up on me after being on hold for 15 minutes. Have I just wasted $60 and have to completely reenter my taxes again?

und73
Returning Member

Should not have to reconfigure your PC just to get TurboTax to accept your activation code.

und73
Returning Member

So, I called "Support" and waited on hold for 15 minutes only to be hung up on. Apparently, my call is not that important.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

If you are receiving and Error Code 603 with Activation, please see the link below:

Error code 603: All the available activations for that code has been used

If you are receiving a different error or issue with Activation, please reach out to us here in the forum and we can try to troubleshoot and assist you.

und73
Returning Member

Can't activate TT 2020 any more. Called "Support" twice (hung up on once). Says I can only OPEN TT 5 times a Miss Williams says. She can't seem to understand the difference between installing the software and opening the software. Says the only way is to repurchase the software. It is Intuit who can't seem to hold the registration code.

und73
Returning Member

Only way to fix it is to purchase TT again. 

@und73 wrote:

Can't activate TT 2020 any more. Called "Support" twice (hung up on once). Says I can only OPEN TT 5 times a Miss Williams says. She can't seem to understand the difference between installing the software and opening the software. Says the only way is to repurchase the software. It is Intuit who can't seem to hold the registration code.

Many users who have been asked for the license code again (including myself) had inserted a USB drive or SD card that was not present during TurboTax installation.  TurboTax can somehow see that as a different system.   Recently  I forgot my thumb drive was plugged in, and TurboTax asked me for the license code.    I unplugged the USB and launched TurboTax launched normally with no prompt for the code.

Do you have a USB drive or SD card plugged in that wasn't present during TurboTax installation?

If a Support agent told you that you can only launch (open) TurboTax 5 times, that's not right.   Once activated, it "should" allow you to launch it indefinitely.   I have been opening mine almost daily since December. The limit of 5 is for 5 activations (such as during installing on up to 5 computers.)

If you can't reactivate regardless of what you do, TurboTax Support "should" have provided you a new code.   If you can't use your software or are unhappy with it, TurboTax has a 60-day unconditional moneyback satisfaction guarantee that we can tell you how to use.

donglenn
Returning Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry, I did not realize you were not an employee. There was no change to my PC configuration from when I first tried to install and activate Turbotax. No changes were made in the three days I had it installed. I had a thumb drive plugged in the entire time. I did reboot my modem and PC from one of the suggestions on this forum. I don't know why I need to change my IP address (another suggestion) just to have TurboTax on my PC remember the activation code. I kept telling Miss Williams that the license allowed 5 installations and she kept saying only 5 uses. I told her I had been using TurboTax since about 1998 and never had it limited to 5 uses. I have worked in the PC field since 1982 and am pretty familiar with how they work. I did not purchase this from Intuit, which may affect my moneyback guarantee. Miss Williams never offered any new code, new download or any advice. She could see the 5 activations which means the PC software communicated with Intuit servers. It just did not keep the code on the PC. -- UND73 (I also don't know why I can't sign in as UND73 now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies