turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What can I do if I missed to include my Form 1095-A in my income tax?

I'm in the same situation about the 1095 as everyone else. Did we every get a more concrete answer as to how long it took? I'm facing eviction.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Coolbeans You can contact the IRS.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
skobru

According to what turbotax told ME is that you wait for the letter from the IRS and then send in the form 1095-

A with form 8962. Then again, I went through 4 turbotax workers to get THAT answer. Another turbotax person told me I had to "amend" the return. THEY seem very confused about all this. I had to pay an extra $120 JUST TO GET 2 FORMS FILLED OUT! Plus the $80 I had already paid. I suspect that when I get the nasty letter from the IRS that I will go back to a 5th turbotax helper and hopefully get my money's worth in all this. The worst part for me is the contradictory advice from the turbotax workers I have dealt with so far. Glad to hear someone else screwed up like I did 😉

After faxing in paperwork..it took approx 3 weeks and 3 days for my information to update. I faxed on Feb 24th and just updated yesterday with an EDD of 3/18

So I got the letter from the IRS and it says NOT to send an amended return (1040x). I am supposed to fill out an 8962 which so far is a very confusing form. I'm going to call the IRS and see if I can get some help filling it out. Turbo Tax has really screwed up IMO and is giving the wrong information. I will most likely not be using them again and will try to get my money back. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the instructions below for assistance with Form 8962:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/00/27409

I'm not sure why the bing search shows the word Resolved in the subject line for this issue because as far as I'm concerned this does not resolve anything. It just tells me how badly turbotax screwed up and how it's going to affect others. I'll I wanted to do was file my taxes and get my refund so I can help my family and get caught up on some bills. 

But because turbo tax did not ask me about 1095a information I ended up submitting without it and now like so many others have to wait and see. It's not right and the IRS should not allow turbo tax to continue to do business with them. 

Just to let people know I got the letter from the IRS saying not to send an amended tax return and that I needed to fill out form 8962. Because of all the threads on this post I just wanted to clarify that for me the letter from the IRS said not to send form 1040x. This is the complete opposite of what TurboTax told me. Incidentally I keep getting emails that I'm going to be charged because my refund is delayed they're going to automatically withdraw the money from my savings account that I provided for my direct deposit IRS refund. I've contacted TurboTax twice now regarding this and they said that they would postpone the payment however I keep getting emails. I can certainly say that I will most likely never use TurboTax again because of this mistake, the delay in my refund and them trying to charge me even though the screw-up was their fault and my refund is delayed because TurboTax messed up!!!

calvinal

I have seen in a few TT replies that state: That you are supposed to receive your taxes that you have already filed for without the 1095-a info, however I have already filed (w/o 1095-a)  and it was accepted but I haven't received any payment  for the original filing amount, just a letter asking for my 8962 form and my 1095-a. The letter stated that they needed more information to process my return accurately. So my question is: will I get my original return with the amended or will they come separate and if so is it going to take the IRS 16 weeks for me to send both? 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Amended returns do not “catch up” to your original returns and replace them.  They are processed as two separate returns.

Please click How do I amend my 2019 TurboTax Online return? to learn more. 

Did the IRS request that you amend your return or do they just need more information?

Please click The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019 to learn more. 

Antwon

You guys screwed up my taxes and didn’t help me solve it such a great “ Guarantee“ and now I had to do an amendment which is not going to be excepted for how long because the IRS is not excepting paper amendments and now I didn’t get my stimulus why wouldn’t it mention a 1095 form it literally said nothing about this shouldn’t that be a red flag I paid 100+ for this bull**bleep** i’m going to be contacting the media about this unless I hear a response thank you 

I'm with you Antwon. My refund has been delayed. I had to fill out a 8962 form which was pretty lengthy and annoying. Then TurboTax had the nerve to debit my account $84 because my refund was delayed!! I called them several times each time was on the phone for over 30 minutes and each time they told me they couldn't stop the automatic debit. I am beyond angry at this point and will be calling again to try and get my money back. I will not be using TurboTax again and believe me I've told a lot of people about this!!!

Same here. Filed January 11th, accepted January 27th. Got the letter from the IRS February 25th. Faxed information on March 4th. Still no refund and still says "processing" as of April 19. Turbo Tax OVERDRAFTED my account for $140 after they promised me that they'd stop the automatic debit and postpone it until April 21st. They lied. I called and asked for a $50 service code credit so that I could do the state taxes for a second state. I was given a worthless service code, and they still charged my credit card for $50. At a time like this, Turbo Tax should be ashamed of themselves for what they're doing to people who are out of work and struggling. This company is NOT on the up and up. Do I need to say that I'll never use them again? I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Don't bother trying to get a refund or a credit for THEIR errors. They're likely to screw you over some more. 

brezzybr

My return was accepted on February 16th, I received my state but not my federal refund. Should I still amend or mail in the missing information? 

brezzybr

My return was accepted Feb 16th and has been processing since March 1st, I believe nothing will change until I send in the proper forms.  Do you recommend I wait longer to see if they will eventually deposit my refund to amend, don't wait and just fax/mail an amended form, or don't amend just fax in the missing 1095-A?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies