Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My Turbo Tax says my return has been accepted, but the IRS website says it hasn't been? Is this normal?

@bluedeb wrote:

Can the Electronic  Postmark be printed out from the following steps?

With your return open in TurboTax, select Electronic Filing > Show Electronic Filing Status History from the File menu. 

@Poblanok Use this procedure to see your E-file status history.

Click on the File menu at the top left of the desktop program screen.  Scroll down to Electronic Filing and click on Show Electronic Filing Status History

My Turbo Tax says my return has been accepted, but the IRS website says it hasn't been? Is this normal?

why not answer the question?

Turbotax say accepted but irs says ONLY Received..

My question is why turbotax  say irs has received your taxes  and then it says the irs had accepted you taxes congratulations! But again the irs ONLY Says accepted!?

@Nelly4life   You are posting on someone else's post & the question has been answered.  When your return is accepted it means the you have passed the basic identity verification.  The IRS now has your return & is getting ready to process your return.  Once a return has been accepted, TurboTax does not get any more information from the IRS (or State)

The IRS website (Where's My Refund) does not update the current information at times.  Others have received their refund before their information shows up on the IRS website, Where's My Refund.  All you can do is keep checking the website to see if your information shows up soon.  The IRS website Where's My Refund, only updates once a day.

Also, see the following:

• February 22. Projected date for the IRS.gov Where's My Refund tool being updated for those claiming EITC and ACTC, also referred to as PATH Act returns.

• First week of March. Tax refunds begin reaching those claiming EITC and ACTC (PATH Act returns) for those who file electronically with direct deposit and there are no issues with their tax returns.

Filed fed/state 2/12/2021. Got an email from turbotax on 12/13/2021, but no email from IRS. Went to "where's my return" on 2/22 and 2/23 and got the same messages both days. They basically don't have my returns and told me "check back 24 hours after you receive an email from IRS saying we have your returns. Every single year when calling "where's my return" you get 1 of 2 messages. 

1. Your return is being processed. -OR-

2. Your refund is on its way and will be deposited on _________.

I called turbotax twice and heard 2 stories from 2 people. First, I was told that hundreds of thousands of returns are being held up by TurboTax because there are errors on state forms. Was told that since tax law changed last year, some forms are incorrect and are being reviewed before sending to IRS. That's why the IRS can't find them.

Second, I spoke with a supervisor that said none of the above is true ( I believe she was being dishonest), and that the IRS has my tax returns. 

After I hung up from her, I checked "where's my refund" and the IRS doesn't have them.

11 days and $80.00 poorer, I can't find my tax returns. Was expecting to get my taxes back in the next 6-8 days. Guess that's not happening.

Can you advise. Having this this year for 2020. What was the outcome? 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Please wait at least 24-48 hours after your return has been accepted by the IRS, then go to www.irs.gov/refunds to check the status of your refund.

Sometimes it may take a little longer or the website could be experiencing an outage.

If there is no record of your return, or the system says the information is wrong, please make sure you are entering the correct social security number, filing status, and refund amount.

To verify your Social Security Number:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.

To verify your refund amount:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.

To verify your filing status:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.

If you cannot track your refund on the IRS refund tool despite confirming your information is correct, please click here for some more tips.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Rayleen bohanan
Returning Member

My turbo tax says my refund has been accessed by irs. What does that mean 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Our system will automatically send you an email when your account has been logged into, or when a return is opened. If you logged into your TurboTax account and opened your return, then you accessed the information and therefore that is the reason for the email you received.
You can verify your account activity by following the steps in TurboTax FAQ: How can I check the activity in my TurboTax account?

@Rayleen bohanan

I’m wondering why my taxes have been “accepted”, but the IRS page doesn’t even acknowledge them being done...and Yes I used my federal refund amount to check with the Where’s My Refund. 

Awful, right ? Yes, it’s normal. The feds have “accepted” it, but not approved. That means they are working on it (turbo tax will have zero to do with it now), it’s in the feds hands. This is common with Turbo Tax. If you go to the IRS check your refund status, there is even a bulletin now that says (I copied and pasted from the IRS website) :

Updates to Where’s My Refund Status Delayed for Some

The Where’s My Refund app may show “Return Received,” even if we’ve already issued your refund. Your refund will not be delayed. There’s no need to call the IRS.

so, that is even WORSE. By stating that people have received returned money without an  update on the status means it probably is not working right now and I would not worry about it if you look online they have a calendar and if you have an earned income tax credit they think it will be March 5th if you had it in early, by the 12th (when it opened). 
I am waiting too! Good luck ! 

Why though? Why did TurboTax say my return was accepted but the irs says it’s pending 

Mine doesn’t even say “Pending”...my 2020 taxes aren’t showing up on my IRS account at all. Says they were accepted thru Turbo Tax but when I check the Where’s My Refund...I get a message that says it looks like I didn’t enter information right, and my IRS account only shows my 2019 taxes. I already got my state refund tho. 

Very helpful, thanks for commenting. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Please see here  for more information on checking the status of an e-filed return.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status as it moves through the process here.

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

Why is it saying my fed and state been accepted but IRS saying they can not find my status at this time 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies