Why is there no record of my return at Where's My ... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

Intuit
,Created with Sketch.176 helpful votes

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS "Where's My Refund" site, you may get the message: "We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS."

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Make sure you wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
    • If you don't see a status, step through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit Returns Now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait 4 weeks before using WMR.
  • WMR is overwhelmed by early filers, especially in late January or early February. Try calling the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954.

And finally, you can't track your amended refund at WMR. Instead, go to Where's My Amended Return? to track.

Tip: If you see the message You may not have entered your information correctly, select the Re-Enter button to try again. In particular, make sure you enter your exact federal refund dollar amount. For tax year 2018, you can get this number from line 19 on Form 1040.

For tax years 2017 and earlier, you can get this number from:

• Line 76a (Form 1040);
  • Line 48a (Form 1040A); or
  • Line 13a (Form 1040EZ).

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in