turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

My return was sent to the green dot bank on Feb 26th 2020 and the irs have told me this 2 times already. Green dot bank doesn't  show that they have my money. It said if I didn't get it by March 2nd then to call the irs and that is what I did and they did confirm 2 times that it was sent to the green dot bank on the 26th. I haven't EVER had a issue with my refund money and usually get it when it says it was sent. I normally use H and R block. I want to know where my money is and I can't get ahold of anyone at green dot bank I wait and wait then it hangs up on me. There is going to be many people next year not use TurboTax because of this issue!!! How do I talk to a actual person at green dot bank?!?!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

@Michelle41 Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take approximately 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account.

Please click here for the TurboTax Visa Debit Card phone number and don't choose option 2(to get a representative), it will repeat a few times then you will get more options.

You can also submit a request for assistance here: Submit a request – TPG - Taxpayer

Did you have your fees deducted from your refund? If so, you can check the  status of their refund can use this link too: TPG Checking your Refund

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was suppose to get my refund march 4 according to the IRS. I went through turbo tax, my refund was suppose

to be put on a Green Dot Card. I have called for two months, no one will talk to me. As far as Turbo Tax they

said there is nothing they can do to call Green Dot. Well that's a dead end road as well can not get any customer service. I have called and called on hold for hours and still no answer. I have written and emailed

and have not gotten any reply. I guess someone is enjoying my refund. It just makes me so angry not to get to speak to anyone. There has got to be a way to actually speak to a real person.

Actually mine is the state refund.  I even got an alert saying the refund was posted.   Direct Deposit posted but it it is not in my account and I talked to 15 people and no one helped me.  Now I have to go to my state and stay that Green DOT is a fraud and they still people' s money.  For 10 years I have used Turbo Tax but if I don't get my money from  Green DOT, Turbo Credit Debit I am not going to use Turbo tax anymore.   So I better get my refund posted to my card ASAP.  Or I have file a complaint with FTC and Better Business Bureau that the turbo tax debit card is a fraud.  

Same thing happened to me.   I even got a notification from the debit card saying my direct deposit was posted by it is not there.  The only way I got someone on phone after 100 times trying was to go to the fraud department and explaining to them that the Turbo Tax Debit Card is a fraud and Green DOT is a thief.   I don't know what to do, now I have to go to FTB and tell them I didn't receive my money and go from there and hopefully they can resend it to me.   

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Mshabpareh Does your state refund show it was sent? Please see the link below on how to check your state refund: How do I track my state refund?  

Once your refund status on the State website shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account.

I would also verify you state refund method by following the instructions below: 

To verify this information, please follow these steps to print or view your TurboTax Electronic Filing Instructions Page.  The banking and withdrawal information can also be printed/viewed on your Federal Information Worksheet Part V, and the State Information Worksheet, Part VI.

Follow these steps to view/print your instruction page:

·         Sign back into your TurboTax online account 

·         Scroll down and click "Add a State"  (This is just a way to get you back into your tax return)

·         Next select "Tax Tools" (left column) and then "Print Center"

·         Select "Print, save, or preview this year's return"

·         Check the boxes for your Federal and State returns (this will open further options)

·         Choose to include the government and TurboTax worksheets 

·         Then click "View or Print Forms".

I used free edition and chose to receive my refund by check. IRS says it was direct deposited 04/08! It has been direct deposited to a Green Dot account that I don’t have!!!

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Your card should arrive in the mail within 5-10 business days. If it has been longer than 5-10 business days, please contact Turbo Prepaid Visa at (888) 285-4169.  

You can also report your card lost or stolen through this link, you'll need your account number. https://secure.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/login 

If you need to find your card account number, look at the bottom of your 1040 tax return in the direct deposit area.  

This page will show you more about the Prepaid Debit Card. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6419975 

No card account number there!! Just a routing and checking account number that I didn’t input!! I will report this, as this wasn’t authorized!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Jroten44 The routing and account number is Green Dot bank that works with the TurboTax Debit Card. When you choose to get your Federal tax refund deposited to a Turbo Visa Debit Card, TurboTax works with Green Dot to get the right account info to the IRS (and/or the State) to make sure the money gets put on your card. As soon as the IRS approves your refund, the money gets electronically deposited to your card. 

If it is past 10 business days and you have not received your card, please click here for the customer care phone number. When you call the number follow the steps below :

1. Listen to the recording 
  2. Press 2 to continue using the automated system.
  3. The system will ask you to enter your 16 digit card number or if you don't know it, enter your social security number (do not enter either one of these)
  4. The system will then say " To report a card lost, stolen, or never received, Press 1", then press 1
  5. Press 2 for the option of " have not yet received your card".
  6. Next you will be prompted to enter your social security number, zip code, and birth date. 

When will I receive my Turbo® Visa® Debit Card?

Didn’t choose to get my federal refund on a turbo visa debit card! I don’t even have a card and did taxes 03/24! Money was deposited to someone’s green dot account 04/08! I chose paper check by mail for federal and state refund!

The entire process is extremely inconvenient; we don't even know how Green Dot was selected.  I've been using the same bank account for years.  I just sucked it up, instead of dealing with the phones, I got the debit card and linked it up to venmo to put the money into my checking.  Definitely the last time I'll be using turbo tax. 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

When you check your refund method on your tax return, does it show you choose a paper check?

How do I review the federal refund method I chose after filing with TurboTax Online?

If your refund was sent to someone else's card, it should be rejected and sent back to the IRS because the name would not match. IRS will correct any agency errors. Contact an IRS customer service representative by calling: How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?  (The IRS is not taking calls at this time)

Note: 

You will need to follow the prompts in order to speak to an IRS agent. There is a high call volume this time of year.

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1.   

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language.   

Then Press 1    

Then Press 3   

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent.  

Please see the links below for more information:

Keelo2

Never really wanted a Green Dot account last year. But the IRS sent them my refund and they withdrew the Turbo Tax fees and mailed me a check to my house. Now it appears that stimulus payments are made to the same GreenDot account. So how is this going to work? Are they going to mail a check or deny the payment? 

JWADDELL

Hello All - My tax return was sent to Turbo Tax and then onto GREEN DOT. Turbo Tax received their fee's of course. 

PROBLEM - NEVER GOT THE CARD SO I HAVE NO CARD NUMBER TO ENTER TO TRACK CARD I NEVER RECEIVED.  ALSO CANNOT ENTER THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF THE CARD I NEVER RECEIVED. CALL TURBO TAX AND THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY NO HELP WHAT SO EVER.  TURBO TAX TOLD ME THEY COULD  "SEE" THE CARD  BUT NOT THE CARD NUMBER, THEY COULD SEE FUNDS ON CARD THAT WAS LOADED WITH MY MONEY ON JANUARY 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  YOU CANNOT SEND AN EMAIL TO GREEN DOT, ONLY CALL OR WRITE AND GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. 

Calling Green Dot is a waste of time because they ask for a card number or last 4 digits of a card I never received! Turbo Tax is responsible ultimately and I am seeking legal advise and proper channels in US gov to file a complaint.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies