If you have questions about a stimulus payment being sent to your Turbo® Visa® Debit Card, go here for more info.
Green Dot identified an issue that impacted some accounts, but those affected should now be open and accessible. If you're still experiencing issues, reach out to Green Dot directly at 1-866-795-7597.
The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is one of the easiest ways to get your tax refund after filing with TurboTax Online. It’s a reloadable Visa debit card that can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S.—including online, by phone, and in stores.
Wondering how we get your refund onto the Turbo Visa Debit Card?
When you choose to get your Federal tax refund deposited to a Turbo Visa Debit Card, TurboTax works with Green Dot to get the right account info to the IRS (and/or the State) to make sure the money gets put on your card. As soon as the IRS approves your refund, the money gets electronically deposited to your card—simple as that!
Not expecting a refund?
Getting a Turbo Visa Debit Card still has plenty of perks that can save you time and money. With the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you can get payroll up to 2 days early or government benefits up to 4 days early with ASAP Direct Deposit™ (subject to your payment provider’s process and timing), instantly send money to friends and family anywhere in the nation, conveniently pay bills while on the go, and so much more!
How does ASAP Direct Deposit work?
We load your pay when your employer or benefits provider gives us early notice you have money coming. Not every employer or benefits provider gives us early notice every payday, but many do.
Using your card once it’s activated After activating your card, you can start using it everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S. while enjoying all these great features:
- Get your tax refund within 1 hour of IRS e-file acceptance, if approved
- Receive your tax refund on your Turbo Visa Debit Card.
- Deposit some or all of your refund to your card—it's up to you.
- Manage money
- Set up text alerts, including when your tax refund is received. Message and data rates may apply.
- Sign in to your account to see your balance history, track your spending, send money, pay bills, and more.
- Safer than cash
- Your activated card is protected against unauthorized transactions. (Prompt notice required. A lost/stolen card replacement fee may also apply. See Deposit Account Agreement for details.)
- Unlike cash, if you misplace your card, you can order a replacement.
- Save time and money
- Skip the trip and avoid costly check cashing fees when you get set up with free ASAP Direct Deposit™ for your payroll or government benefits.
- Use the app to find thousands of nearby ATMs you can use for free!
For ATM withdrawals made outside of our ATM network, a $2.50 fee will apply, plus any fee the ATM owner may assess.
Note: To protect cardholders and prevent fraud we enforce the following rules: (a) a new card account may only be issued to a tax filer with a valid name, street address, Social Security number, phone, and email combination, and (b) the number of card accounts issued to the same street or email address is limited. Violating one or both of these rules will result in the cancelation of one of more card accounts. The Turbo Visa Debit Card will be issued under the name of the primary filer on the tax return.
The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation. Intuit and Turbo are trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc.
Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage.
© 2020 Green Dot Corporation
Intuit and Turbo are trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc.