Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Fordl2795

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

Hello, my name is Lavette and I never received my income tax either. I've contacted the agency, no response. I'm contacting the attorney generals office on Monday. The IRS told me that I should have read the fine print. I'm still waiting, however, it was disbursed to them. I'm looking for an attorney and I have a feeling this will turn into a class action suit. We are not the only victims. I've been researching. How they're getting away with this type of plan must involve multiple people that is partnership with them. And I'm contacting the news.

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

You have taken the most litigious route of anyone with this problem.  I've started a trace through the IRS that'll take 120 days, but I'm the meantime I'm just writing emails threatening litigation.  For which it seems there's grounds.  

Have you had any luck since writing this post?  Any updates, I'm very interested.

No.   Still trying to get refund.   Wrote to IRS Customer Service with Return Receipt Requested but haven't received the return confirmation.   May send another just to IRS, not Cus Serv if nothing this week.   The last I heard from GDB (found their web site on FB) , they said they deposited it to Chase No. xxx but I had Chase run a tracer and there is no such deposit and their advice was to write the IRS requesting they issue a new check.    Came across article - do word search "Warren, Shaheen Urge IRS to probe TurboTax.  I haven't had time to rully explore yet.      Poor business practices or scam?

WHERE IS MY MONEY?  I FILED JANUARY 30 AND WAS TOLD THAT MY RETURN WAS PUT INTO THE GREEN DOT BANK.  I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS TRANSACTION.  WHERE IS MY $1966.00

WHAT IS A GREEN DOT ACCOUNT?

@Linda10482 If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund you agreed to have a third party bank receive your refund from the IRS, take out your fees, and send you the rest.

When you choose "refund processing"   TurboTax gets its fees when the IRS releases your refund.  Your refund goes to the third party bank.  The bank takes out your fees and then that bank sends the rest of the refund to you.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
dnsrsn
Returning Member

Hey, same thing happened to me for my 2021 taxes.  I just recently discovered that the IRS set up a Credit Karma Money Spend Account where they deposited my money.  It was sitting there the whole time w/o me knowing and I just located it a couple weeks ago.  If I were you I would go to the Credit Karma website and create a log-in (https://www.creditkarma.com/signup) and you may just find it there.  I spoke to a representative at TurboTax and he said TurboTax doesn't work with Green Dot anymore.  Good luck, I hope you find your money!

dnsrsn
Returning Member

Hey, same thing happened to me for my 2021 taxes.  I just recently discovered that the IRS set up a Credit Karma Money Spend Account where they deposited my money.  It was sitting there the whole time w/o me knowing and I just located it a couple weeks ago.  If I were you I would go to the Credit Karma website and create a log-in (https://www.creditkarma.com/signup) and you may just find it there.  I spoke to a representative at TurboTax and he said TurboTax doesn't work with Green Dot anymore.  Good luck, I hope you find your money!

dnsrsn
Returning Member

I've been waiting for my 2021 refund. Still nothing. I will not use them next time

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies