turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fruity
Returning Member

Dear People who make things happen department at Turbo tax

My tax filings were rejected

Turbotax Deluxe Desktop version
WinPerReleaseMsi v 020.000.1842

STATE REJ001: This state return was rejected because the federal taxing authority has not yet accepted or has rejected the federal return.
FED IND-031-04: The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

I went back to correct, and I checked my 2019 filing, it matches the AGI I entered to turbotax.
I entered it again and you are giving me a msg that says the IRS couldn't confirm my identity. WHA?
More specific, you said that it looks like the AGI amount I used to e-file wasn't a match to what the IRS has on file. HUH?
Well I got my IRS transcript and the Federal Government and my entry on my tt form is correct.
You said you would help me in the email and on the desktop screen but all you are giving me now is Option 2 which is now I have to print and mail and I am super late now.

Is that the extent of the help I get? I bought your product on AMAZON
TurboTax Deluxe 2020 Desktop Tax Software, Federal and State Returns + Federal E-file (State E-file Additional) [Amazon Exclusive] [PC Download]
for $49.99 plus tax
then I paid you $25 plus tax for State efile Order # TTDCDLA151464194

Now i am going to have to purchase stamps and envelope and an ink cartridge for my printer because your software didn't hookup right to the IRS. I am very stressed out now, I have very small budget to work with here and I don't know what the State and Fedss are going to do to my taxes for being late. What happens if they charge me penalties and take it out of my refund?

I feel like you should refund me my monies back. If not, do you have something you could propose that would make me feel okay?
I have already gone through your troubleshooting pages and it doesn't work. There is some kind of glitch.

ps. Pls respond back within a week. That's end of day 8/8/2021
pps. I would of contacted you via email or phone but you're closed on the weekends and I couldn't find an email address for you.

Sincerely,
Fruity

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

First TT has no control over the AGI rejection ... that is all the IRS.

So if the AGI from the ORIGINALLY filed return will not work  try using a single ZERO for the AGI since many returns were not processed timely last year so the correct AGI may not be in the efile system. 

Then  if it is still rejected then all you can do is print, ink sign and mail in the returns.  In the FILE tab choose to mail both returns in then in the print center the PDF of the returns will include mailing instructions for where you live.

As for the extra state  efiling fee ... if you cannot efile then you can get a refund of that fee however only TT support can make that happen ...  Use the key words "billing issues"

Please use the following link to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Try Efiling again.  ENTER 0 FOR AGI. The IRS took a long time last year to process 2019 returns so the AGI didn't get entered in time.

When did you file 2019? If it was late in the year or you mailed it, try putting in 0 (zero) for the AGI. And see, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

How to correct the AGI
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
How to mail a return from the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

For AGI Reject code 031
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/e-file-reject-ind-031-04-or-ind-032-04-the-agi-or-...

PS ... if you have refunds on both returns there will be no late filing penalties at all.  

And if you have a refund there is no penalty or interest for filing late.  You have 3 years to file for a refund.  You can efile until Oct 15.  Don't worry or stress out.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies