What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still ge... - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?

There are a few possible reasons why you’re still getting an e-file reject.

If you:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.
  • Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2018 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).

If you’re still having trouble, we suggest that you check with the IRS to make sure that the copy of your return is the same as what they have in their records. To do this, you can order a tax return transcript

If you’ve tried everything and nothing works, you can still file a paper return by printing out copies of your federal and state returns and mailing them. We’ll include File by Mail Instructions on where to send your returns and what forms, if any, you need to include.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post