turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Advance

After I file when do I find out the amount of my advance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Advance

Please read this thoroughly and click on the relevant links:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333#sh-collapse1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Ray1708
Returning Member

Advance

I filed at midnight on Saturday night how long should it take for advancement?

Advance

@Ray1708 wrote:

I filed at midnight on Saturday night how long should it take for advancement?

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card1, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

Advance

I filed and recieved my accepted email @9:38 and I havent recieved the deposit on my account 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

You should receive your advance within 48 hours of acceptance of your tax return.

Please make sure you check your junk/spam folder. The sender will be turboprepaidcard@email.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com.  

Please refer to the following help article for more information.     

About the Refund Advance temporary card - Community    

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rstapp92
Returning Member

Advance

I got an email saying i could get an advance and now after filling out everything and even paying for all my turbotax packages 110+ i dont see refund advance as an option now? why tell me i got it now cant do it.. frustrating

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

You may not have been offered the Refund Advance if any of the following situations applies:

• Your physical address is located outside of the United States or is in a U.S. territory, is a PO box, or is located in a prison.
  • Your physical address or the tax returns you are filing is in Illinois, North Carolina, or Vermont.
  • You are less than 18 years old.
  • The tax return is on behalf of a deceased person.
  • You are filing certain IRS forms.
  • Your expected federal refund amount is less than $500.
  • You are using any of our tax products where a professional is completing your taxes.
  • You are not approved by Green Dot Bank to receive a Turbo Visa Debit Card

For additional information about the Refund Advance Application process, please see the below TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

rstapp92
Returning Member

Advance

I meet all of those requirements so I don't understand. These are the same things in every thread. give me a answer that not the same copy paste requirement list...

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Advance

The email you received should have included the reason why you were not approved. Your approval is based on the size of your federal refund and your tax information, along with other factors. You may not receive the Refund Advance if one of these factors doesn’t meet the qualifying standards of the lender. Please call 1-888-679-8122 for further assistance.

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6467221

Please click the TurboTax help link, listed below, to learn more about the Refund Advance process. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies