Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

[Event] Ask the Experts: Retirement/Life Events
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Join us on Wednesday, June 26th any time between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Pacific Time for our latest installment of our Ask the Experts event series. This time we'll be answering questions about Retirement and Life Events, and how to prepare for these sh... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted May 28, 2024
Hello,I have real estate. Finishing up my state tax.The question: Do you have any section 179 expense deduction, passive losses, or at-risk losses that were not allowed last year? What for in 2022 do I find this? TIA,J
joseph_ld ‎Posted June 26, 2024 | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Loretta P
My husband and I are both receiving SS benefits and we are both full retirement age. I no longer work however, my husband is continuing to work full time. We are aware that if you are full retirement age you can earn as much as you wish (according to... read more
greensearose ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by greensearose
I have a home that my wife and I inherited from her father in 2011. Her father purchased it in 1993 for $100k. In 2010, her father upon the death of her mother, removed her mother and added my wife to the deed. We have rented the property, along with... read more
dacracot ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by SusanC6
If I switch beneficiaries from my 529, does that restart the clock for 529 for waiting15 years to transfer to a roth ira or is it null and void for roth ira?
jad56061 ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by jad56061
Hello! If I sell my etf holdings, is that considered taxable income and will count towards my income limits? I am worried about not being able to contribute to my roth ira if I am over 144k. Thanks!
jad56061 ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by jad56061
We are purchasing a home in Portugal this year as a second home. We know that there will be more than 10K in our new, PT, bank account at some point during the transactions so realize that we will need to file an FBAR for this tax year. It is worth n... read more
rj_nc ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by marctu
I am 60 years old and my husband is 70 years old. We have both retired and our 2023 AGI is $70K. We have the ability to do Roth conversions, but have a few things to consider: We have to stay below the Medicare income limit of $206K for couples - whi... read more
eswilliams12 ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by fanfare
My dad had a traditional IRA with an investment firm. After he passed, the firm created an IRA in my name as a vehicle to process this account. I am being told that their is an IRS stipulation that says I have 10 years to liquidate (the 10 year rule)... read more
LRU ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by fanfare
jimnor2016 ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by Terri Lynn
Son 1 is in graduate school; paid spring term tuition with student loan.Son 2 is entering college in fall, got a full ride.We moved money from Son2's 529 to Son1's 529 to pay Son1's school expense. Can I withdrawal Son1's whole year expenses tax free... read more
caijian01 ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by LenaH
last year TTax home and business software was problematic regarding the foreign taxes I paid on investment dividends. I do not believe I received full credit against my tax liability. has the issue been addressed?
gerlicape ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by LenaH
We are selling a secondary home that we purchased for my daughter and her family to live in during her husband's surgical residency. Since is is a second home for us and not our primary residence, but was not used as a rental property, we want to kno... read more
leslieostojich ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by LenaH
I lost my job due to my disability, I couldn’t pay any of my bills and they were eventually discharged. During tax year 2023, a 1099C cancellation of debt was issued from a bank. I have never seen one of these things. Is that actually considered inco... read more
Angryduck ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by KimberW
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies