turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MetLife + TurboTax | Ask the Experts About Your Taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Join us right here on Wednesday, April 3rd any time between 9:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time for a special installment of our Ask the Experts event series. This time, in partnership with MetLife Legal Plans, we'll be answering any of your tax questions, ... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted March 29, 2021
I am trying to use the online version and have the 2022 desktop version on my computer, with last year's TT desktop file saved. When I click on the transfer option it does not give me the option to import.
alexjlouie2003 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Monday by Taxfilergenericname
In my 2023 Federal return, I have a capital loss carryover of over $3,000. In 2023, I moved from WA state to NY, and then from NY to CA. As such, I was a part-year resident in both NY and CA. When calculating my capital loss carryover for my NY and C... read more
vtg2020 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by DaveF1006
My mom passed October 2023. I filed her taxes for 2024.In 2024, we sold her house and I'm wanting to know if there's a way to figure out how much her taxes might be and how much we should hold in reserve in her trust account.Is there a simple way to ... read more
annettemoyle ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by tagteam
I sold my second home last year.This home was originally built by my parents back in 1986 (I lived in it as well back them) It was Gifted to me in 2008. There are NO records at all anymore from when they built it, other than what the Property Tax dep... read more
VTCATS ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by VTCATS
I filed single through TurboTax in 2022. I got married in 2023 and we are filing jointly. TurboTax only brings in my 2022 income and doesn’t give me an option to update it. It lets me add my spouses income fine into 2023. Do I need to update the 2022... read more
Kmcarignan08 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Kmcarignan08
My mother passed away in mid-December last year (2023). We have a tax accountant filing her final tax return, but we're wondering what to do about the half month that she wasn't alive, since her assets generated income during that period (mostly accr... read more
sbsvwa ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by tagteam
For a Living Trust distributions: If I have let's say $1,000 of net income from interest or rent I understand that I record that as a first tier. What about distributions that exceed income but are from the sale of property or just cash from a checki... read more
TECTopca ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by TECTopca
Hi, For 2023 Tax year my company made an excess contribution of $38.46 as a company matching contribution and I have already maxed out my portion of the contributions so it exceeded the 2023 IRS limit of $7,750.I reported it to my Payroll team but th... read more
pk752rf ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by BillM223
My spouse and our child who is a US citizen lived overseas together the whole year in 2023, but I lived in the US for work. We are filing jointly.Is our child still counted as a dependent? Do I answer "Yes" to "Did live with you for the whole year?" read more
ishimada ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by DawnC
How can fix the over contribution to roth ira due to income limits in years 2020 and 2021
IceScorpi ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by RobertB4444
Hello, I've failed to file my taxes for the last 6 years now (I believe the last time was back in 2017 or 2018) and now I don't know what to do... I've moved states 2 times since then and I have worked in all 3 different states at different points in... read more
Prado ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by MonikaK1
How much should the Premium version of turbotax cost for those of us under the Metlife legal plan? I have it showing up as costing ~$90 and deluxe is no longer showing up as free but ~$47. FWIW - I'd recommend that you make this clear in your adverti... read more
bryanprior ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by DawnC
Greetings!I'm a limited partner of a multi-partner llc that held one rental property. We sold the property last year however, the LLC is not yet dissolved. We intend to do it this year after paying the accounting fees and other bills from the bank ac... read more
AshPat ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by DaveF1006
NY State requires that my state taxes are the same as my total wages in box 1 of my W-2. Given I earned ~$15k outside of New York it seems like I'm being double taxed on that $15k. How can I prevent from being double taxed by state?
bryanprior ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by AmyC
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies