Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 Federal Return Rejected due to Spouse AGI

I have used your product for years. My wife died in December this past year. I filed our taxes as always and gotten the same error people here are are complaining about. I went through the steps regarding getting the IRS tax transcript, re-entering the information, etc. Still rejected. Then all you can provide for assistance is "file by mail". Well, the IRS is NOT processing paper returns now because of the coronavirus, and that means months away from receiving my refund and stimulus payment. Your answer of there is no defect is not acceptable, because like a number of others who have posted here, I went to Free Tax USA, used their program and the IRS ACCEPTED the return your program saw being rejected, along with my state return. IRS has even accepted by payment. I'm an engineer, I write programs, it appears TT has a bug in the software you are unable or unwilling to fix. Now, I want my $293 I paid you back. If I don't get satisfaction ASAP, I take all appropriate action to recover my money and damages as well.

@standarded This is a TurboTax user community forum.  We do not have access to any TurboTax accounts or can assist with any type of billing issues.  You will have to contact TurboTax support for assistance.  

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

I got that. The issue is your organization keeps claiming there is no defect in the program. Patently untrue. Promoting the gospel there is no defect and all you can do is mail your return is intellectually dishonest and deceiving your customers. 

Turbo tax I would like a refund and yes I have used you for a long time. But several rejections and now I had to do my taxes and mail them in when will. I get my 65.00 back into my account how dare what happened spouse pass away you all blaming it on agi get real my refund

This sounds like a glitch in the system like in 2011 when the tax returns of numerous people were submitted to the IRS with their bank account numbers mixed up. Thousands of people complained because they weren't getting their tax returns. It turns out Turbox Tax had software glitch.

This is frustrating the entire purpose for paying the fees yearly is to be able to e-file. This is a software glitch and instead of fixing it you are asking your loyal customers to inconvenience themselves having to print numerous pages and make copies of W2s and other documents to file their returns through the mail. Not to mention there is a pandemic going on. It's not like we can go to the IRS to get assistance. 

FIX THE **bleep** SOFTWARE!!! Stop saying its because someone's spouse is deceased. People die everyday and annually. This wasn't the issue before. You're blaming the customer instead of doing your job of delivering a quality product. FIX THE **bleep** SOFTWARE SO WE CAN E-FILE  OR REFUND OUR MONEY!!

redsla

this truly is Turbo Tax issue.  Other people I know with deceased spouses ate electronically filing just fine.  I am really upset about this.  Hard enough to have lost my husband and to have to deal with this is ridiculous.

redsla

I will never again use turbotax for the same reason.  They know this bug exists and won't admit it but every person with spouse who passed away has the same problem and cannot efile.  We need refunds.

I received the same errors when trying to efile with Turbo Tax, my husband passed away in January, 2020.  I mailed in my return on 1/30/20 and received acknowledgement around the middle of February.  The IRS refund site still shows "processing".  Has anyone received their refunds filing by mail like this in or about the same time frame?

wtd111

This happened to me in 2018 and this year.  I had to manually file both years.  I have spent 30 minutes trying to find a live person who can actually help instead of the "It's not our problem" responses that Turbo Tax  is using.

I have been using Turbo Tax for years and this is inexcusable that they will not assist.

So next year it's off to another tax software.  They are not the only game in town.

They are trash. I will never use them again. I followed the advice of one the people here and a family friend. I went to the IRS site files using TaxSlayer for free. Not only did I get my taxes filed I also didn't owe as much. Finally realized that TT was showing I owed double from last year although I didn't have the same income. My cousin use to work for the IRS she said the most complaints and issues always came from TT customers.

My 2019 return keeps getting rejected.     Error states my 2018 AGI does not match IRS database.    I have the printout of my 2018 and keep entering in the correct number.    How else do I fix this ?

For AGI Reject code 031
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/e-file-reject-ind-031-04-or-ind-032-04-the-agi-or-...

When did you file 2018? If it was late in the year try putting in zero for the AGI. And see, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

If your spouse died during 2019 there is a problem efiling and you will have to mail your return

How to correct the AGI
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
How to mail a return from the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

I am having the same problem what is the answer?????

Yao1
Level 2

There is no answer. Intuit refuses to acknowledge the problem, let alone fix it. You have to mail it in when hopefully the shelter at home order ends in a few weeks. Hope you have a mask and some gloves.

Why? I mail my return on 3/16/2020. I got my state return in 7 daysl I lost my husband on 5/30/2019 & had to fill feder out a form for my state return, but thought I was all set for my federal return. Please let me know if I need to send something else to federal, or if you think federal never got my paperwork & I need to re submit. I've been working on all of this since the beginning of February.

Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies