You guys are not sending me my 6 digit code to ver...

You guys are not sending me my 6 digit code to verify my identity so I can’t complete my tax filing .

Please check your junk or spam folder if you are having it sent to your email. 

If after a reasonable amount of time, you still have not received your 6 digit verification code by email and you have checked your spam folder, please see below alternate methods:

1. To get your verification code sent as a text, you have to select that option in your account settings. You will need to gain access to the account and then:
    1.) Click My Account
    2.) Account Settings
    3.) Under the Security tab, select Two Step Verification and enter your mobile information and password. 
    To get access to make your changes, you can have the code sent to your email address or select the Confirm your account in another way option.
  2. If none of the above works, then please select "I forgot my password" and then select "I don't know my username." The system will then ask for your name, address and SSN, and it will attempt to verify your identity by asking questions from your credit report that only you are likely to know.

Additional information regarding entering the 6 digit verification code to prevent getting the expired or incorrect code message:

1. Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. It appears as though if you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close the TurboTax window. To open a new tab you can press Ctrl+T on your keyboard. That way the window with the box to enter the code stays open but you can also access your email inbox in the new one and switch back in forth
  2. Make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. So if you make another attempt to enter the code make sure you use the most recent one sent to you. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent. 

• I need the 6 digit code
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. If you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close it. Make sure you are using the most recent code sent to you and not using a prior one. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous codes that were sent.  Please wait a few minutes after each code request to receive your email. It is not generated instantly. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verificati...

I am having same problem.  Code is never sent to my email inbox.  Cannot verify.  

I do not think I can go through all of these steps.  I am doing our custodians's taxes.  Her numbers will get mixed up with mine.  I finished my taxes.  No probelm.  Now I am trying to do hers.  Is that a problem.  Just put her name in the profile and used my password.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

@Donaldo2- Have you tried opening a different internet browser to complete your custodian's taxes? If you are using Internet Explorer to complete yours, maybe try Chrome to complete your custodians. You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try entering your information again.