You should receive a verification code in five minutes or less. You’ll need to verify your email address before you can file your taxes.
I didn’t get my code
- Check the email address on the Next, let's verify your email screen.
- If your email is right, check your spam or junk folders. in case the email accidentally got sorted incorrectly by your email provider.
- If your email isn’t there, there may be a delay with your email provider. Contact them to find out what to do to remove the delay.
I want to get the email at a different address
You can update your email address.
- Select Not your current email address?
- Select account settings.
- On the Intuit Account screen, update your email address under Sign In Security.
- Return to the File section and select Start next to Step 3.
Your new email address will be listed on the verification code page and you’ll receive another verification code at that address.
My code isn't working
- Select Resend verification code to request another code.
- Make sure you leave the TurboTax window open as closing it will invalidate the code.
- Open another tab or window or use a different browser to check your email for the code.
- If you're using a mobile device, it's okay to open your email app or another tab in your browser. Just keep TurboTax open in the background and return when you've got your code.
I still need help
Contact us to get additional assistance.
Why can't I get this code on my phone?
We're required by the IRS to verify your email before you e-file.