Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Update not working

I’m out of work at this moment how can I do a extension on my turbo tax payment please . 

Update not working

What happens if the IRS reduces my refund to the point where it no longer covers my TurboTax fees?

If you get hit with a refund offset, what's left over might not be enough to cover your fees. Here's what happens next:

1. We'll send an email with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) by a certain date.
  2. If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more followup emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we’ll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

The same sequence of events occurs if the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date, except that we'll also debit the Refund Processing fee (if any) in Step 3.

mommy50

Update not working

I cannot get updates on my 2019 turbo tax 

Update not working

Save yourself the wear and tear.. No one is going to answer, nor will they email you back. Either they have all succumb to Covid  19, and I hope this is not the case or they just really dont care. I am voting on the later. They got our money, the product sucks this year.  

NCKat
Returning Member

Update not working

DUDE - I LOVE YOU!!! I spent 3 hours yesterday following every suggestion I could find in Turbotax forums and then on Windows forums, because some people were convinced this issue was a Windows problem. All told, I spent at least four or five hours ( a couple more this morning) - until I tried your suggestion and it WORKED!! I was all ready to return the software to Amazon and buy it again from Costco, thinking it was a defective disc or something. In the 15 years I've been using Turbotax, I've never had any issues at all, so this one really threw me. 

I just HAD to tell you thanks and also let others know that this solution - running as an administrator - really works. Just a little more info for others: right click on the shortcut and go to "PROPERTIES" - don't run the "troubleshoot compatibility" from here. When you click on properties, there is a tab that says COMPATIBILITY, and when you click on that, you'll see below there are options, one of which is "run program as administrator". After that, Turbotax will update. OMG - I tried SO many other suggestions - including uninstalling and reinstalling - and this is what finally fixed the issue. At least with the 2020 Turbotax. Thanks again, Thor88. I'm sending a virtual hug! 

geltner

Update not working

I have loaded 2020 Turbotax Home & Business to my other computer.

I have gone through a number of updates since I first installed it.

When I attempted to load the latest update on 1-29-21, I got an error "Microsoft Installer Error 1310"

I manually updated Turbotax and it appeared to load, however, when I tried to run Turbotax it keeps going to the update function and generates the same error and never lets me get back in to Turbotax.

Help!

R Geltner [phone number removed] [email address removed]

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Update not working

@geltner Please see the TurboTax FAQ Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows updating issues for assistance with troubleshooting your update issue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
NCKat
Returning Member

Update not working

I replied directly to the post on which I was commenting. I don’t know how or why the post was relocated.

samgray5

Update not working

I am ready to file, I have purchased everything needed to file, but it says it needs to update prior to efiling. It will not allow me to update the program to allow filing.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Update not working

@samgray5

These Turbo Tax FAQs will assist you with troubleshooting the update. 

Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows updating issues

Manual update

Update not working

I had the same problem on getting Turbotax updates going

and thus couldn’t proceed with my returns. Called helplines several times and was instructed to removed antivirus app

and turned off firewalls, uninstalled and reinstalled Turbotax

.and finally got the update running successfully.

Later on I had encountered another problem with my credit card rejected for paying the fee for state filing.

I have been using TurboTax for over 20 + years and it is the first time I am having problems/issues.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Update not working

Please see the Help Article here for troubleshooting steps for a credit card rejection error.  

Update not working

can not find my saved returns

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Update not working

To clarify, are you using TurboTax for Desktop? If so, please see the below TurboTax Help Articles to assist you with locating your tax data files:

Find your tax data file (.tax file) in Windows

Find your tax data file in Mac

@Jimwishart

esize85

Update not working

Tell me about it. Not to mention no one answers the phone when you call customer support. It loops for 20-30 minutes and hangs up on you. Then you try to let them call you back and they do and still no one on the phone. What a joke! Have to turn to forums to get any kind of answers. I’ll be switching to HR Block software next year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies