Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Still no word on getting refund for Turbotax product

I submitted a request on June 23 for a refund of my Turbotax purchase based on the 60-day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy .  The automated email response says that I will receive a response within 6 business days, but it's July 16 now and I still haven't heard back.  I'm unable to locate a customer service phone number to call either.  Any help on this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Use this contact form to get a phone number and incident number.  No need to try until they are open, or it will just say "closed."
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Be sure in the product area of the form to indicate CD/download version.

Hours are currently 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern)

Thanks for the link.  I'm on the phone with a rep right now and they told me that the Satisfaction Guarantee won't be upheld because I had already e-filed with Turbotax.  I explained that there were numerous issues with the app and had included screenshots of the error messages in the original refund submission, and that the terms of the Satisfaction Guarantee never dictated that it's void after filing, but at the moment the rep is still unsure after 20 mins on the call.

So the rep told me that the final word is I won't get the refund because of the aformentioned reason.  I tried pointing to the language in the End User License Agreement that the Satisfaction Guarantee clause (pasted below) specifies that as long as I'm dissatisfied with the software then it's sufficient for a refund, but that was still denied.  This is a bit ridiculous - can I please get some help on this?

6. Satisfaction Guaranteed (or Guaranteed Easy).

If you do not accept this Agreement or if you are not satisfied with the Software, you may uninstall and delete all copies of the Software from your computer(s) and return it within 60 days of purchase with a dated receipt for a full refund. If the store where you purchased your license is unable or unwilling to issue a refund or you obtained the Software directly from Intuit, you may uninstall and delete all copies of the Software and return the Software with a dated receipt or packing slip within 60 days of shipment via U.S. mail to Intuit Inc., ATTN: Returns Department, PO Box 580926, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158, US or via UPS to Intuit Inc., ATTN: Returns Department, Door 20 11500 80th Avenue, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158, US. In the case where you purchased a license and obtained the Software directly from Intuit via an Internet download, you may submit a written request to Intuit including your name, contact and product order information to Intuit Inc., ATTN: Returns Department, 5809266, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158, US.

@ fmincon 

You haven't specifically said, but I am assuming you are using the CD/download version; i.e., the software installed on a computer.  That's the product with the unconditional guarantee.   However, your latest comment made me wonder.   You said "there were numerous issues with the app".   So I don't know what you mean by "the app."   Some people refer to their computer programs as apps, while to others "apps" implies a mobile device.   There is a product called TurboTax Mobile App.     So please clarify if your product is the desktop software (CD/download), or the Mobile App (which is tied in to Online TurboTax).

The 60-day moneyback Satisfaction Guarantee is for desktop software (CD/download) only and is unconditional.

You'll clearly see the word "unconditional" in the first sentence of this form:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

It also says there that it does not apply to Online TurboTax or the Mobile App.

This is a user community forum, not TurboTax Support.  But if you confirm what product you are using, I'll request a TurboTax Moderator to review your situation, but it may not be today.    If you're using desktop software, and it continues unresolved, I can tell you how to email the Intuit corporate office.

It is the Online product and Mobile App for which they usually don't give refunds after filing, because in those products, continuing to pay and file indicates acceptance of the terms.    If you're using desktop software, it sounds like the TurboTax Support agent was not familiar with the unconditional guarantee and was confusing your desktop product with the Online TurboTax/Mobile App terms instead of "unconditional" in desktop product.

Thanks for the response.  I am using the Mac desktop version, Turbotax Premier 2019.  

I've asked a Moderator to review this thread and your support experience, etc.  It may not be today.

I have the same issue. I got the TurboTax Deluxe  2018 for a desktop. I was miss leaded that I can file my taxes for a previous year online, but that was not the case. I uninstalled the software right after I found out that I have no use of it, so... how can I reach the support so I can get a refund?

@ssk777 wrote:

I have the same issue. I got the TurboTax Deluxe  2018 for a desktop. I was miss leaded that I can file my taxes for a previous year online, but that was not the case. I uninstalled the software right after I found out that I have no use of it, so... how can I reach the support so I can get a refund?

Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp
Use this TurboTax website to check your orders and payments - https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/orderstatus/orderstatus.jsp

Or -

Contact TurboTax support and use the key words billing issuehttps://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Unfortunately in most cases you cant get your money back from this fraud company!

For those who are having similar problems with this company: I filed a complaint against Intuit with Better Business Bureau (BBB) and received their response from the Intiuit's office of the president, which was unsatisfactory. Their contact information is below,

You can reach me at (phone#: 520-nine-0-one-3280) Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM Arizona time or at OfficeofthePresident [at] Intuit [dot] com . If I am unavailable, one of my colleagues will be available to assist you. Thank you again for reaching out.

Respectfully,

Carol

You can reach the presidents office through the above phone number (520-nine-zero-one-3280) or this email: OfficeofthePresident [at] Intuit [dot] com

Intuit is well known with their hideous tactics for long time: https://www.propublica.org/article/turbotax-just-tricked-you-into-paying-to-file-your-taxes

Never ever will pay you for my tax preps and will surely delete my Credit Karma account soon!

I have the same issue:

"Dear TurboTax Customer,

Thank you for contacting us for TurboTax Service and Support. Please take a moment to provide feedback on your experience by answering the questions in the attached link.  This is in reference to case number: XXXXXXX

Your opinion is valuable and important to us. We would appreciate it if you can give us feedback on the service that we delivered to you.

Follow this link to the Survey:
 Take the survey

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
* LINK*

Sincerely,
Intuit Support"

Nowhere is there a way to track this. 

HAAAAAAALP!

@ martywit wrote:

I have the same issue:

"Dear TurboTax Customer,

Thank you for contacting us for TurboTax Service and Support. Please take a moment to provide feedback on your experience by answering the questions in the attached link.  This is in reference to case number: XXXXXXX

Your opinion is valuable and important to us. We would appreciate it if you can give us feedback on the service that we delivered to you.

Follow this link to the Survey:
 Take the survey

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
* LINK*

Sincerely,
Intuit Support"

Nowhere is there a way to track this. 

HAAAAAAALP!

"nowhere is there a way to track this"

What are you trying to do?   Did you submit a refund request using the online refund request form?  If you submitted a request using that interface, we can tell you how to track it with that same form.

Or did you have a phone encounter with TurboTax Support recently?   If so, we won't know anything about it in this user community forum.    You can speak to them again, however:

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

All I have is confirmation saying "closed", but what is next? Am I the first one to do this? I would like more information to know what is happening. 

@martywit wrote:

All I have is confirmation saying "closed", but what is next? Am I the first one to do this? I would like more information to know what is happening. 

This is a user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.  No one here is going to know anything specific about your issue and your account. 

"Am I the first one to do this?"

We can only guess what your situation is based on the title of this thread.  I suspect you may have asked for a product refund, since that is the title of this thread.   Use the link I left you in my previous answer to reach TurboTax Support by phone for any info.

However, if you used the online refund request form at the link below to submit a request, you can use the same form to track your submission.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-request-a-refund-for-my-turbotax-product/...

If that's how you submitted a request, then scroll way down on the form to where it says "Already submitted a request" and look for a tiny link "Track refund requests."

A statement there says that method is only for tracking a request originally sent using that form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies