turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My form is saying "Your transmission didn't go through: Our records indicate you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets". What does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

My form is saying "Your transmission didn't go through: Our records indicate you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets". What does this mean?

There may be forms that are required for your tax return that aren't available yet. If that is the case, the program will not let you e-file. You can check the status of form availability in the below TurboTax FAQs:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Help. Turbo tax took my money, allowed me to pay my federal taxes, but won't let me efile. I got this message:

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

HELP!
gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

When you get the error:

Error: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to e-file one or more formsets

If you're using TurboTax Online, you may see the error message Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets when attempting to e-file your return.

You're affected by this error if you meet the following criteria:

• Using TurboTax Online or the TurboTax mobile app
  • Attempting to transmit a return

Solution

1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.

The software should tell you what form or return does not yet qualify for e-filing and ask you for your email address to be notified when it is available for you to file you return.

It may be that it is too early to file a specific form contained in your return or a particular state return because they have not yet been approved by the taxing agency who will receive it using the current year e-filing information.

I am using the free edition as it is a simple tax return and I am unable to clear and start over or to remove a state form as it shows I have paid.  I keep getting the error message that my transmission didn't go through: our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formats.  I already searched all the recommendation options including to sign out and sign back in and I keep getting this message.  This appears to be a very widespread common issue among others and this needs to be addressed and fixed!

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@jrushton2

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance with this issue:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

I am deaf and unable to use the phone to call.  Is there another way to contact someone in a different format?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately there is not. Are you by chance trying to use last years EITC for this years tax return? If you are you won't be able to e-file. Perhaps one of your state forms are not ready.

Why are you unable to transmit is using  last years EITC for this years tax return?

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

This is a known issue. Please see this TurboTax article, and sign up at the bottom to be notified of updates.

@reginaannbell

I did what others had said to do. I deleted the state return portion and then had it added back on. After that, my transmission went through. However, I had already paid by credit card to e file yesterday and then my returns wouldn't go through. So, today, after deleting state and putting it back on, it asked for payment again. I had to request a call back from customer service and they are issuing me a credit for yesterday so I'm not double paying to e file.

ninadeg

Yes, I had the same problem, and prior to e-filing I only paid for the federal e-filing. So I deleted the state, transmitted the federal, then that went through I redid the state and filed it separately where they charged me the additional to file. I think it may be a glitch in their filing fee, because it didn't charge me initially for both. We did my fiancés a few days before and it transmitted both, but also took both fees at the same time.

same crap here. Fighting it since yesterday. over and over and over. 

I deleted and started over. I checked every detail many times. Just would not efile.

Just did my taxes here instead and it went thru the FIRST time.
www.taxact.com
Took 2 minutes and already got the email saying my federal has been accepted

I paid to e-file usable to do as well. Have you been able to file now?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try to troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.  Thank you for your participation and patience.

1. Check Availability

Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?   Forms  (The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

2. Remove state and try again

If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1.            Sign out of TurboTax.

2.            Sign back in.

3.            E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state here and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.

3. Send us your tax file

Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online: 

Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.

Click Tools, and then

Click Share my file with Agent.

A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.

Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:

Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.

Select Send Tax File to Agent.

A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent"

Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.

Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies