turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

I get this message when I get to the end to file "Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again." Anyone else?

There looks to be a solution that has been working for some users. Please take a look at the following thread for the steps.

When I try to finish my taxes, this is what I get: Something changed in your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I get this message when I get to the end to file "Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again." Anyone else?

This did not work for me, because even though I recently received an email stating that the two accounts had been linked, they weren't. This is such crap! No one is really working on a solution, especially Credit Karma!

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

If you have tried the workaround and still experiencing the same issue, please click here to sign up for updates from TurboTax as we are actively working to resolve this issue. @missmary76

Why is there no resolution for fixing the personal info issue! I need to file advance refund and I have been trying for days!! This has cause so much unnecessary stress for myself and so many others! 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

.Sorry for the frustration; we are actively working on a resolution. Have you tried the workaround previously posted? @jenniferholden33 .

Yes I have tried it, but my email was always the same on both sites! But I tried changing it, my phone number, and verifying the info on both sites is the same! Still keep getting the alert! Makes zero sense! And CK offers no help at all! 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

We are aware of the issue you are experiencing, and we will post more details once they become available.

i have used turbotax for years as well as gotten the advance the last few years with no issues. now because credit karma is being used and i already have an acct i am unable to get an advance. i keep getting the error message "we are unable to verify your identity". this is very frustrating to say the least. my kids and i are facing a very rough situation and i need this advance. what can be done?

i have used turbotax for years as well as gotten the advance the last few years with no issues. now because credit karma is being used and i already have an acct i am unable to get an advance. i keep getting the error message "we are unable to verify your identity". this is very frustrating to say the least. my kids and i are facing a very rough situation and i need this advance. what can be done?

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Not all consumers will qualify for a loan. You will not be eligible for the offer if:

• Your physical address is located outside of the United States or is in a U.S. territory, is a PO box, or is located in a prison.
  • Your physical address or the tax returns you are filing is in Illinois, North Carolina, or Vermont.
  • You are less than 18 years old.
  • The tax return is on behalf of a deceased person.
  • You are filing certain IRS forms.
  • Your expected refund amount (minus any stimulus payment credit, also known as Recovery Rebate Credit) is less than $500.
  • You did not receive Forms W-2 or 1099-R or you are not reporting income on Sched C or Sched C-EZ.

Please see this link here for more information. You can also try the steps in this link here. If these steps don't work for you, please see this Help Article here for further update

@heidi lane

Cheray35

Is there a resolution for this issue yet? Am i able to speak with someone to help me through the process for the refund advance?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We are still working to resolve the issue. If you have tried the suggestions in this thread and are still experiencing the same issue, please click here to sign up for updates from TurboTax.

@Cheray35

I have been waiting for a solution to this. I have contacted both TT and CK. Both say this is a very common issue and even the employees are frustrated. Saying there will be an email sent when it is resolved, but right after the phone call both parties put “resolved” on my case. This is not how you fix an issue. This is how you cover it up. I am moving to HR Block. Good riddance.

I am not even able to log into the link you provided for steps to try for resolution! It says the email or password is incorrect!!! Like WTF! I get that stuff happens, but I mean this is absolutely ridiculous at this point! The issue to “verify personal information” and unable to set I’ll a spend account with Credit Karma, even though I was approved for a refund advance and I submitted my drivers license! This is preventing me from filing my income taxes!!! There has to be a way to fix this! It says right on the CK site that a customer service representative will work with you to manually verify identity and that you may just have to upload approved documents!!! I have no problem doing that but I was told they r unable to manually remove the alert! So what is the REAL issue here?   Nothing has been resolved, no email, no help at all!! This is my 6th year with Turbo Tax! And it will be my last!! I wish I would have stayed with HR Block!! 

Exactly. I can’t even log into CK now. I have to submit another ticket that won’t get answered. The employees are also very frustrated and have zero answers to give us. The best they can do is say to just wait because they aren’t given answers either. The fact that a customer service representative will walk us through the process is wrong. CK pawns us off to TT and vise versa. Even HR Block advertises a refund advance online but after doing that you must make an appointment to go into the office. This is all such a disappointment. Especially when people need money so badly these days and rely on their taxes and make plans based off false claims. My family is in a mess right now over this crap.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies