turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cancel my account

How do I cancel my intuit account and get my refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies

Cancel my account

You cannot cancel or close a TT account if you have registered it per the IRS regulations but you can choose to simply not file that return. The online program is free to use until you get to the point of filing or printing of the return ... to do either you must pay for the use of the program  thus  online fees, once paid, are non refundable. 

Cancel my account

You can not delete or merge accounts.

You can try to clear all of the information in your TurboTax account for this year but you will need to Contact Customer Support  to have an account deactivated for more of a resolution.

Intuit - How to delete my account

How do I delete my account? | IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax

Cancel my account

Please cancel my turbo tax account

Cancel my account

@noderosdelta wrote:

Please cancel my turbo tax account

A TurboTax online account cannot be deleted.  

If you are an Advantage subscriber where you receive the TurboTax software every November, go to this TurboTax support FAQ for canceling the Advantage account - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/change-service-level/cancel-turbotax-adv...

jschulcz

Cancel my account

Please cancel my account!!  I have not used it for 2021, and do not intend to use it for 2022.

Cancel my account

@jschulcz   Are you on the Advantage auto renew plan?

You can sign into your Turbo Tax Advantage account and under Your Product, select to Remove Product.  Once you remove the recurring product order, the Turbo Tax Advantage subscription will be cancelled as well.

How to cancel Turbo Tax Advantage

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-cancel-my-turbotax-advantage-subscriptio...

If you missed the cancelation deadline for this year's TurboTax product, simply wait until you receive your CD or download, then submit an online refund request within 60 days of receiving your product.

If you still got charged after you cancelled you might have another account.  First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

mtnavy

Cancel my account

please cancel my account

Cancel my account

@mtnavy wrote:

please cancel my account

READ the answer to your question in this thread directly above your post.

kblasberg

Cancel my account

michael Smith please cancel my Intuit account (Turbutax)

Cancel my account

@kblasberg   The answer is in the prior posts.  Scroll up and read them.

Cancel my account

during my tax filing I got to the point where I saw that I did not have a tax return due, not possible, so I changed to another preparer and had the complete process done quickly and I am getting all of my taxes from my Social security returned it's complete and waiting for y return

Can you cancel my current process I did not complete anyway? I am a senior only on SS check I must get all my return fast

Sorry 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Cancel my account

Unfortunately, you cannot delete or cancel your account. 

As long as you have not paid your TurboTax Online fee (or registered a cost-free version), you can clear any data you entered. (Fees paid through Pay With My Refund and pre-paid code also count as "paid.")

Once you've paid or registered, we're required to store copies of your return. These are the same requirements imposed on accountants, CPAs, and other professional tax preparers.

TurboTax will keep the username and password you created in case you ever want to return to the website. 

Request to delete data from Inuit database

@Boilerman_63

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Cancel my account

I am have been unable to speak to a TurboTax adviser or customer service representative regarding the very poor online tax preparation communication (via chat only) with your advisor on April 17, 2023.  She (Anna) had to numerous times go to some other assistant to proceed completing my 2022 Federal 1040 Tax return. I never got to visually review the complete Federal return form as she so hurriedly instructed I needed to complete the payment form. Apparently Anna used all the time she had been allotted to complete the Federal return? I then completed the payment form as Anna said to be able to review and print my Federal 1040 form. She then ended our session without confirming I was able review and print my 2022 Federal Tax Return. I was unable to review or print this return on April 17, 2023. I desperately attempted call, text and email some person at TurboTax. I only got computer electronic instructions various links  that were to sign up as a new subscriber requiring establishing a new account. On April 18th I instructed my Visa credit card provider to stop payment for TurboTax services of $205.25.  Therefore, please close or CANCEL Order No. (removed)(payment authorization code: removed. I would appreciate receiving confirmation the above Order Number has been cancelled and closed. 

Cancel my account

@johnalehto You will have to contact TurboTax support about this issue.  Use the key words Billing Issue

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies