Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Education
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Hello all. I had to leave my college campus quickly due to COVID and had to store my belongings in a storage locker before my flight across America. The storage costs are a lot and I was wondering if I could get any write offs or refunds to save mone... read more
clueless1945 ‎Posted January 16, 2021 | Latest post Friday by SoLostHELP
I received a 1099-NEC for a Ph.D. stipend/scholarship for doing research for my main advisor. He had left my school, went to another, and so he paid me from the other school for my stipend. The condition was that I would be doing research for him. On... read more
digitaltaxation ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Thursday by digitaltaxation
Hello everyone, I am an international student in the US since 2017. But I got some on-campus jobs in 2018 and 2019. I used TurboTax to file my taxes. Everything went perfectly fine and there was no error appeared. However, I recently found out that I... read more
unknown103 ‎Posted Thursday
I am a PhD student and usually get my teaching and research stipend through my university, in the form of a W-2. In 2020, I received BOTH a W-2 and a 1099-NEC. This is because my professor I work with left for another university halfway through, and ... read more
digitaltaxation ‎Posted May 15, 2021 | Latest post Thursday by digitaltaxation
Hello. I graduated my US undergrad institution in 2020, and transitioned to virtually attending a grad school in Canada for the remainder of 2020 (meaning that I lived in the US for the full year). I have two tax documents from my Canadian institutio... read more
anonymous761 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Wednesday by anonymous761
I have a 1098 form showing interest received
mary456872 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Tuesday by SundayInSalem
willsant12 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by Hal_Al
This is a financial aid related question: I'm 19 and will be living on my own for next tax-year while a full-time student. I will not be able to receive almost any financial aid as my EFC is extremely high on the FASFA. I am almost completely cut off... read more
The Royal Duckling ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Hal_Al
My daughters return has been rejected multiple times for Form 8615 issues. Turbo Tax says it will walk you through fixing it (never does), but I reenter/verify the information on the "interview" and have refiled to be rejected again. Can someone help... read more
scott-foster ‎Posted March 20, 2020 | Latest post 2 weeks ago by ryanrobinson5833
To my recollection, this did not show up on my W2 and I only received a 1098-T form each year showing what the school received for payment. The direct tuition payments paid by work were around $11K/year.
nlanglois7 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by nlanglois7
Due to a change in circumstances, I may be in the position where I have overfunded my kids' 529 accounts. Assume that retaining the funds and changing the beneficiary to future grandchildren is not under consideration. If so, what are the consequence... read more
Curious One ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Hal_Al
I'm trying to determine how much of my children's 529 accounts I can use for room and board expense, if any. My son is a part-time student at a local college and lives at home. I have the figures from the college for COA R&B for students who live at ... read more
Curious One ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Hal_Al
I started my master's degree in 2018 and graduated in 2020. I wasn't claimed as anyone's dependent and I can't be claimed as anyone's dependent. I paid tuition in the years 2018, 2019, and 2020 and received a 1098T for each of these years. I am not e... read more
prithvisreeni ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Hal_Al
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some help here. I'm a bit frazzled and unsure on how to enter this situation into TurboTax. I'll try my best explaining the scenario. My employer pays for the tuition for my graduate program. What happens is at the begi... read more
rawnblade7 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Hal_Al
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings