Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Education
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Hi All, Tax year 2020 will be my 6th year as a student (2010 and 2011 as J1, while 2017, 2018 and 2019 as F1), hence, I will exceed the 5-year life time rule for students and trainees. On the other hand, there is an exception to the 5-year rule for s... read more
Zion0131 ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by Zion0131
This is my first year filing as independent and I am lost with the 1098 T form I received from the college I attend. In fall 2020 I received a total of $2547.50 in grants/scholarships and I had $492 left over after tuition was paid, which I used for ... read more
margaret19cameron ‎Posted February 6, 2021 | Latest post 5 hours ago by Trichards77
The letter lists my share of the passive real-estate income. It also gave amounts for rents received, depreciation, insurance, mortgage, etc. I have not been able to find a place to enter these numbers in TurboTax.
zhengdc ‎Posted 7 hours ago | Latest post 6 hours ago by Hal_Al
We have twins who just finished their first year of college. They both got scholarships and we got a 1098-T for both. The company my daughter worked for in 2019, gave her last paycheck to her in Jan 2020 so she has to report that income. It was $45.5... read more
mjmommy2001 ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 7 hours ago by Hal_Al
What if the university provided $4,000 in scholarship funds (1098-T has $4000 in Box 5) to my daughter for working for one of the university's sports teams. She did not receive a W-2 and the money was put directly into her account at the university c... read more
T4Tax ‎Posted 12 hours ago | Latest post 8 hours ago by Hal_Al
zqshowe3 ‎Posted 10 hours ago | Latest post 10 hours ago by rjs
If a college students gets the scholarship for service from an organization, that means he got scholarship now, but have to work for the same amount of years for the agency after he graduate. Which part is qualified for tax free? For the part he has ... read more
5Beverly ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post 10 hours ago by AmyC
In 2020, my daughter received a dual-enrollment scholarship during spring semester of her senior year of high school to attend a college class while still attending high school. She received a 1098-T for the scholarship listing the tuition cost and s... read more
dazein ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 10 hours ago by AmyC
I don't understand "tax free employer provided assistance" question as I'm completing the information for my 1098t. What is tax free employer provided assistance?I received a Pell Grant, Tuition Aid Grant, Federal Loans (direct, unsub, and parent), a... read more
maryisbadatmath ‎Posted June 6, 2019 | Latest post 11 hours ago by T4Tax
I am a graduate student who received a graduate assistantship with included health insurance. On my 1098-T the health insurance amount is showing up in box 5 (scholarships) in excess compared to box 1, which I am aware from other posts is taxable. Ho... read more
docstudent505 ‎Posted 12 hours ago | Latest post 11 hours ago by Hal_Al
The school is Canadian, so I have a T2202 form in lieu of a 1098-T. I'm not sure if this is affecting the outcome.
aidso12 ‎Posted 15 hours ago | Latest post 13 hours ago by aidso12
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings