Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Education
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Hello,Started doing my 2019 taxes and took a look at our 2018 taxes for reference and noticed that I may have inadvertently selected the wrong box for line 25 of Form 8863 for some reason. Does this mean I need to amend my 2018 taxes now?
tgore3rd ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 5 hours ago by Hal_Al
As an international with a J-1 visa, I filed with TurboTax for the year 2018-2019. I was just made aware that I was not eligible to file for TurboTax. How do I fix this and amend my past tax returns on TurboTax and file for sprintax for the year 2018... read more
napons ‎Posted 5 hours ago
I read a recent post , re: 1099-Q and 1098-T, and I want to ask a related question. This year, I accidentally had our 529 cut the check to me (parent) to pay tuition vs cutting the check in my child's name. So, I have a 1099-Q in my name. I don't qua... read more
Bint ‎Posted Monday | Latest post yesterday by Bint
The dependent was a college student and I need to file all activity as a dependent. He did not know and clicked a stimulus relief advertisement. The dependent was a college student and I need to file all activity as a dependent. He did not know and c... read more
langstontm ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by xmasbaby0
maximus528491 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by DoninGA
I need my 2018 transcript for my college for financial aid, however since the IRS will not send during this time, they told me to get it through my provider.
angelanicolet123 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by DoninGA
sjbrewer2 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Tuesday by Hal_Al
Hi, I am an international student, I became a Resident Alien on 1/1/2018, but I didn't know it until this year when I finally got an on-campus job.When I file a 2018 tax, I made a mistake by filing an 8843 form instead of a normal tax return.I want t... read more
hbnguyen26 ‎Posted Monday
I'm trying to document the information from the 1098 C. Where do I document the information?
ttaptime ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by rjs
I am always confused as to whose taxes to claim these on. My college age son is a full-time student and had very little income so we claim him as a dependent on our taxes. Do I enter the 1099-Q on his tax return and the 1098-T on ours? Or do I do it ... read more
coligmueller ‎Posted February 6, 2020 | Latest post Sunday by i20000
My refund was offset due to a student loan I heard that they passed a bill that makes it so they can't take ur mo ey like student loan forgiveness i even know 2 people that got they're refunds back af
carlasan ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by Hal_Al
how to answer  1098  if i don't get it anymore
daisyflower949 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by Hal_Al
For clarification, my son is a qualifying relative for credit for other dependents. He would be a qualifying child apart from the condition of not staying with me for more than 6 months (my ex-husband cannot claim him as a dependent fyi). No matter w... read more
nicholashall155 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Sunday by Hal_Al
Top Contributors