Student Loan & Education Tax Topics | TurboTax® Support

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Education
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I have two student loans with the same lender US Department of Education that's through Great Lakes. (they're both in my name) I've got two questions. Do I need to list the student interest on these two loan separately or can I combine the interest f... read more
Cfoust652 ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post 55m ago by ColeenD3
Will my Refund for the 2020 tax season be off set if I owe on my Student loans?
jandb1019 ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post an hour ago by jandb1019
My employer is a university who offers employees tuition coverage for attending courses and enrolling in degree seeking programs. I was reading the Education section on Working Fringe Benefits and saw that it indicated that employees who were pursuin... read more
zalera ‎Posted Friday | Latest post 3 hours ago by Hal_Al
I turned 22 years old in 2020. I was enrolled in a college program all 12 months of 2020, but not at full-time status according to my college. I am I able to be claimed as a dependent?
meredith2998 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Hal_Al
I received a 1098 for our now-closed HELOC (as of Sept 2019), but Box 2, Outstanding mortgage principal, was $0. TurboTax isn't letting it be $0 or even $.01. I contacted my bank like I was advised, and they said it is correct because as of 12/31/19,... read more
mateosbaby ‎Posted March 18, 2020 | Latest post yesterday by ToddL99
Is Age 19 daughter training to be a professional ballet dancer at Charlotte Ballet (not a college) considered a student?
DMC28 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by AnnetteB6
I am the cosigner for my daughter's student loans. Am I able to deduct the interest that I have paid on these loans?
DBurge1737 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Bsch4477
This is one of the complex issues that I am having this year. So I am a 22-year-old full-time student living at my sister's home along with our parents. Now when I applied for FAFSA parents were claiming me as dependent on their taxes. Since they are... read more
abdulraffae ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Bsch4477
She is now a senior and will graduate in May. She received a full scholarship for previous semesters from her University.
cooperalice06 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Hal_Al
Employer made a $10,000 payment to my loan on March 27th, the first day the tax break went into effect, but deducted taxes for the entire amount.
cdardick ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Hal_Al
Dynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings