Education
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
how do I estimate the amount and where do I claim on taxes
Rhonda-berumen ‎Posted June 7, 2019 | Latest post yesterday by zar
If a non-qualified distribution is made from a 529 plan, it is generally taxable to the extent of earnings and a 10% penalty is added. But if a scholarship is received, a distribution can be made without the 10% penalty, For example, if for a student... read more
revenuecode ‎Posted July 9, 2019 | Latest post Thursday by Critter
I received a notice from IRS they can’t verfiy my education tax credit with school. I’ll have to pay $2416... I didn’t have 1098T on file I look at the school website. I was enrolled all 3 semesters in 2017. I had pell grant and OBG wavier for the fi... read more
Diva224y ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Thursday by macuser_22
I've been trying to apply for 2019-2020 FAFSA which needs my 2017 tax returns. However, my dad is the one that filed them. And when I asked him to send me a copy of them he said he doesn't remember the login he used and can't find access to it. All I... read more
Knudson3 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by Critter
Hi, my wife started a nursing job, which included a clause that if she terminates her employment before 2 years of service, she will have to pay back training expenses (proportionally).After 1 year she resigned and had to pay back ~4500$ in 2019. Can... read more
stefanh666 ‎Posted Wednesday
I develop custom software and algorithms. For example created a new caching algorithm for processing web pages. Where in turbotax can I enter this information? If TT doesn't support it how should I go
user53165 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by Critter