turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I install 2021-2022 version on more than 1 computer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

It is not "2021-2022. "   It is software for a 2021 tax return that you file in 2022.    If you purchase the CD/download you can install it on any computer that YOU own---so yes more than one if you have more than one computer.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you.

You can install the Desktop program on 5 computers you own.  But if you first installed from the CD you can not download it from online now.  You can't do both CD and download.   See the new info on this FAQ

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

See End User License.  Scroll way down to Section B #1

...... you agree that you may only: (i) install and use a copy of the Software on up to five (5) computers owned by you (at home or at work); (ii)....

TurboTax Desktop Software End User License Agreement Tax Year 2021

Thank you.  That is valuable information about CD and download.

Sorry that first links looks like it doesn't work anymore.  I'm looking for a new one.

This FAQ works.  Isn't it the same?   Maybe my computer had a glitch.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-... 

When I tried to download on a second laptop, it says the key code has already been used.  It disallowed me to download.

Have you tried to download on 2 computers?

No, I wanted to know if I can before I purchase.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax Help Article for more information on code errors. 

My code doesn't work

If you're still having trouble with your code, please reach out to Customer Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@jenny-lee635

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did not see a response to this question, the 2nd computer did not let the install happen because the key had already been used.  In previous posts by Intuit reps, they indicate it can be installed on up to 5 computers.  Is there an additional cost for this license vs a single computer license?

@Lancer1231 How did you install the TurboTax software on the first computer, CD or Download?

When installing on the second computer you Must use the same type of installation format as was used on the first computer, CD or Download.

@Lancer1231 No there is no additional fee to install the CD/download to another computer.   Make sure you are really downloading the desktop software instead of using online TurboTax by mistake.

We see people get confused and they keep logging in to online software which will require them to pay at the end.   You need to use the desktop software.   One way to tell if you are using the right software---your tool bar.   Online software has the toolbar in a black vertical column on the left side of the screen.   Desktop software has the tools up on the top of your TT screen.

Access your downloads here

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/activating-turbotax-cd-download-software/00/852971

To find your license code:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

it worked.  Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies