I can’t find my license code - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

I can’t find my license code

Your license code is a 14-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) that verifies the software and allows you to finish installing and begin using TurboTax. Here’s where to find it. 

If you downloaded TurboTax directly from an authorized retailer, your license code should be included in your order confirmation. Check your email or your order history. If it’s not there, you’ll need to contact the retailer directly.

If you downloaded TurboTax directly from TurboTax.com, you can find your license code: 

1. On your order confirmation screen.
  2. In your email confirmation.
  3. In your My downloads folder.
    • Go to turbotax.intuit.com. Under the Products & Pricing menu, select Access my downloads
    • Sign in to your account. Make sure it’s the same one you used to purchase the software license.
    • Select Downloads. Your license code will be shown under the TurboTax product name.
    • Return to the install screen and enter the code to continue.
      • You can copy/paste the code into the entry fields.

If you downloaded TurboTax through TurboTax Advantage, you can find your license code:

1. In your notification email.
  2. In your My downloads folder.
    • Go to turbotax.intuit.com. Under the Products & Pricing menu, select Access my downloads.

If you obtained the TurboTax CD from an authorized retailer, your license code is printed on the front of the insert in your box. 

If you obtained the TurboTax CD directly from TurboTax.com, your license code is printed on the packing slip.

If you obtained the TurboTax CD through TurboTax Advantage, your license code is printed on the envelope.

Still can’t find your code? Contact us. If you're being asked to re-enter your license code multiple times or after a software update, go here.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post