Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaveLzi7

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

Same here. This is total BS. Entered last years AGI, rejected. Tried entering 0, rejected. I've been filing electronically for 8 years now, first time I've had any problems. Looks like I'll be going to a brick and mortar tax preparer tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much this is going to cost me.

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

@DaveLzi7 wrote:

Same here. This is total BS. Entered last years AGI, rejected. Tried entering 0, rejected. I've been filing electronically for 8 years now, first time I've had any problems. Looks like I'll be going to a brick and mortar tax preparer tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much this is going to cost me.

If the tax return continues to be rejected, just print and mail the tax return, the cost of a postage stamp.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing and mailing a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

4brothers

my tax return keeps getting rejected with the correct amount from last years AIG I even tried 0 it still got rejected???

@4brothers wrote:

my tax return keeps getting rejected with the correct amount from last years AIG I even tried 0 it still got rejected???

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

CRKily

I decided to look up and see why I had this issue&I’m relieved to see I’m not the only one having this problem. I had the same thing happen I put “0” , let’s see what happens. I have hope I will get accepted like the rest of the ppl in the reviews 🙏🏼

LLLand

But did entering 0 cause issues later on? My taxes are now being rejected for AGI. 

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

If your AGI originally entered is correct, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed. In these cases, go ahead and file a paper return, rather than wasting your time trying to "fix" something you can't fix.

Select the File by mail option to paper-file your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anselmo2
Returning Member

my taxes have been denied due to a wrong AGI but I triple checked my AGI from 2018 and it is the same number they rejected why so frustrated need help please!!!

@Anselmo2 wrote:

my taxes have been denied due to a wrong AGI but I triple checked my AGI from 2018 and it is the same number they rejected why so frustrated need help please!!!

If your tax return continues to be rejected with the 2018 AGI then enter a 0 (zero) for the AGI and e-file again.

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Need help fixing my return

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can find your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) by:

• Looking at line 7 on page 2 of your 2018 Form 1040; or
  • You can request a transcript of your 2018 tax return from the IRS to ensure you have the right number. You can request your transcript online at the following link: Get Transcript 

Check these items as well to ensure you have the correct number.  If you:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.
  • Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2018 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).

Unfortunately, without the correct number or a match to the IRS system, your only option would be to print and mail in your return. 

This article will give you instruction on how to print and mail your return.

Same problem here and entering 0 worked for me.

I tried using both the 0 trick and the agi number on my return from turbo tax. It all got denied saying my spouses was incorrect. Finally I went to the irs site made an account and got a record of my taxes. The agi number on the irs site was different than what was on my turbo tax return. So maybe go straight to the irs site for the correct agi. Hope that helps 

Did it work with the 0? How long do it take for the it’s to reject it if it’s wrong?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Entering "0" as your AGI will work if you did not file a return in the previous tax year. 

If you receive a rejection, the best way to ensure you are entering the correct AGI is to confirm that it is the same number that the IRS has on file.  You can order a free (digital) copy of your tax return transcript from the IRS.  This document will contain the AGI the IRS has on file for you.  Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ to obtain a copy of your transcript:  Can I get a copy of my tax return from the IRS? - Community

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies