turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It says that my return contains Form 7202 and so I can't e-file. However, I am pretty certain that Form 7202 does not apply to me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

It says that my return contains Form 7202 and so I can't e-file. However, I am pretty certain that Form 7202 does not apply to me.

Per the IRS instructions for form 7202:    

Self-employed individuals should use Form 7202 to figure the amount to claim for qualified sick and family leave equivalent
credits under the FFCRA on their 2020 tax return. These credits are available to eligible self-employed individuals if they were unable to work or telework or had to care for family members for reasons related to the coronavirus and are refundable.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i7202--dft.pdf

To Delete A Form:

1)  Click “Tax Tools” on the left menu

2) Click “tools” then a box should pop up

3) Click Delete a form

4) Scroll down and look for the 7202-T form

5) Click delete

Otherwise, the E-filing of Form 7202 is not supported. 

If Form 7202 will be included with your federal tax return, Form 1040, you will have to print, sign, date, and mail the 2020 Federal Tax Return to the IRS.

Source

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is nonsense. Every other tax platform/software can e-file a return with Form 7202 included. Why can't Turbotax?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 7202 is not available for e-filing, according to our forms availability sheet.  To print and mail your return, please follow these instructions if you're using TurboTax Online and review this article if you're using TurboTax Desktop

If you wish to e-file without the credit you will need to delete the form:

Since you wish to e-file and claim this credit, your best option will be to first e-file without the credit, and then prepare an amended return claiming the credit.

@madcomposter

That is nonsense. All other software/filers can efile a 7202. TurboTax has to fix this and now.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.  Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check Availability

Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Remove state and try again

If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1. Sign out of TurboTax.

2. Sign back in.

3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file. 

c. Send us your tax file

Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)TurboTax Online:  Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.Click Tools, and thenClick Share my file with Agent.A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.TurboTax Desktop:Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.Select Send Tax File to Agent.

A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent" Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.

Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

I checked the list of available/supported forms, and saw that the New York State IT-2 (W-2 summary) form wasn't supported.  I tried to delete that and try to refile, but I get a message saying I am not entitled to efile due to certain formsets in my return.  It looks like I'm not able to delete those forms because I already paid the fee.  Is there a way to "unregister" the return and remove the IT-2 forms and try to efile again?  Unfortunately, in NY if you use tax software you must efile.  So just printing and mailing is not an option.  Who knows, that might not even be the issue holding up the efiling. Help!

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)TurboTax Online:  Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.Click Tools, and thenClick Share my file with Agent.A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.TurboTax Desktop:Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.Select Send Tax File to Agent.

A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent" Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.

Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

This needs to get resolved.  I have read countless comments all over the web that this is an issue with Intuit not a requirement of the IRS.  Other softwares support e-filing form 7202.  Either fix it or refund us for poorly built software.

The IRS has literally provided instructions for companies to support e-filing form 7202 and to reduce paper waste.   Turbotax needs to fix and update their software!

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/alternative-filing-method-for-e-filed-returns-that-include-form-8915-...

Hi, are you still addressing this issue?

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

The Form 7202 is for Credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals. If you don't want to claim this credit or don't need to and its not applicable to you, you can remove it.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ, for how to remove forms, How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

Yes I want to claim it but I shouldn’t have to mail in a paper return when the IRS does support it, just TurboTax does not

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 7202 is used by self-employed individuals to figure an amount to claim for qualified sick and family leave equivalent credits on their 2020 tax returns.  See the 2020 Instructions for Form 7202 for eligibility information. 

Form 7202 must be attached to your tax return.  Since the form won't be supported in e-file, you'll need to print both Form 7202 and your entire 1040-series return and mail them to the IRS.

If you don't want to claim this credit or don't need to and its not applicable to you, you can remove it.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ, for how to remove forms, How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies