To print and mail your return in TurboTax for Windows:
- With your return open in TurboTax, select the File tab near the top, then Continue.
- On the next screen, E-file Your Federal Return for FREE, select File by mail near the bottom.
- Continue following the screens until you get to Print Tax Return for Mailing.
- On this screen, select Print Returns to Mail.
- Then select Preview Print Copy in the pop-up window.
- Once the preview has opened, select the printer icon near the top (or go to File > Print).
- When finished, select Continue in TurboTax and follow any additional on-screen instructions.
The first page in your printout is File by Mail Instructions, which gives you the mailing address any forms you need to include with your return.
Tip: For security purposes, we don't recommend leaving your return in an unattended mailbox. Instead, mail it from the post office or give it directly to your mail carrier.