denphipps

How can I reset my password after every attempt has failed?

KellyH

Have you tried these steps below?

PC – What do I do?  Simply click "Forgot Password" in the password request pop-up to answer your security question. That will get you back in.

Once you're back in, you can select "Password" from the File menu if you want to update or remove your password altogether.

Mac not using Keychain –  What do I do?  If you have not given TurboTax "Keychain" access, you can simply click "Forgot Password" in the password request pop-up to answer your security question. That'll get you back in.   Once you're back in, you can select "Password Encrypt" from the File menu if you want to update or remove your password altogether.

Mac using Keychain – What do I do? In some rare cases if you have given Keychain access to TurboTax, you can go to Applications > Other > Keychain access> Keychains> Login> Category >Passwords> find Intuit or TurboTax and right click > Get Info > Attributes> click on Show Password > You will be prompted for the Mac Password and it will show you the password you used to encrypt your TurboTax file. This is not a guarantee to get you into the file.

J33

i can,t log in

VictorW9

Try these steps to recover your User ID or password:

1. Go to our account recovery page.
  2. Enter one of the following:
    • Phone number (recommended)
    • Email address
    • User ID
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once you’re done, we’ll either send you a code to help you recover your account, or show/send you a list of accounts associated with your info.

• If you’re still unable to recover your account, select Try something else on the Account Recovery page. We’ll ask additional questions to verify your identity.

Keep in mind: Once you’re back in your account, make sure to include or update your phone number. Doing so helps increase account security and ease account recovery.

(If you're looking to access a prior year return, go here.)

Source: TurboTax FAQ and video

Related Information:

bh2022

After I clicked "Forgot Password" in the password, however  security question did not pop up, so I do not know what the security question is, not sure if someone else has the same issue as mine

mesquitebean

@ bh2022 wrote:

It would be hard for anyone to know if they have the same issue or not.  Other than something about a "password", you haven't yet said what your full issue is or even what product you are using.

Are you using desktop software and referring to a password-protected data file?   Or a password to log into Online TurboTax?

If desktop software, is it for Mac or Windows?

nata518

forgot the security question to retrieve my file.  I can't openm it

nata518

I don't remeber the security question.

MichelleLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please see the below TurboTax Help Article for assistance with accessing your account.

Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account

@nata518