Try these steps to recover your User ID or password:
- Go to our account recovery page.
- Enter one of the following:
- Phone number (recommended)
- Email address
- User ID
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you’re done, we’ll either send you a code to help you recover your account, or show/send you a list of accounts associated with your info.
- If you’re still unable to recover your account, select Try something else on the Account Recovery page. We’ll ask additional questions to verify your identity.
Keep in mind: Once you’re back in your account, make sure to include or update your phone number. Doing so helps increase account security and ease account recovery.
(If you're looking to access a prior year return, go here.)