turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Can not install turbotax 2020 on windows 10 laptop. I need update.

Please contact TurboTax support for assistance. The following article will guide you through the process.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Raylane

i can nut install my new turbo tax 2020

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try following these steps to troubleshoot installation issues with Windows.

Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for...

Troubleshooting problems with Windows Installer an...

If you continue to have issues, please call TurboTax support for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number?  

NCS
Level 2

I purchased Turbotax 2020 premier (CD version) and installed it on my Windows10 desktop.  I could not download/install it on my Windows10 laptop, which I had done without a hitch for my 2019 taxes.  I got on the phone with a Turbotax representative, and was told that, due to a hiccup in the 2020 software, I needed a new license number to get the download for my laptop.  The representative walked me thru the process, and all is well now.

Per the rep, if I'd downloaded (using the license number on my CD jacket) to my laptop FIRST, I could have then installed Turbotax to my desktop using my CD/DVD reader.  Next year, I hope to remember to download to my laptop first, desktop second.

Re.  is exactly my problem, I cannot install turbotax 2020 on Windows 10 laptop? Have any suggestions?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax FAQ Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows for assistance with installing your TurboTax product. 

@deonrobison

How can I get Turbotax Premier into my computer--it came from Costco as a email delivery. 

I helped my friend buy the Mac program download from Costco. It went very well. You first get a confirmation email that says…..
"You will receive the redemption code, normally within the hour, via e-mail. To ensure delivery of your redemption code emails to you inbox, please add CostcoEDelivery@esd.synnex.com to your Email Address book or Safe list."

The 2nd email with the activation key came in 20 minutes. Make sure to write down or print out the 16 digit Key on the email. It is right above the Download Link. Then click on "Click Here" in the email to download the program and follow the install instructions.

I have had an issue installing Turbo Tax for the past three years on my desktop and now 2020 as well! I have tried to run as administrator and it makes no difference. The cd is not even recognized by the computer so I download from the website. The .exe file extracts the files, the icon spins for 10 seconds then nothing happens, the installation does not continue.  The first year it happened I spent hours on different calls with support and nothing was figured out. It will install on a different laptop though, however this is super inconvenient to not be able to use the software in the computer I want to. I have searched every year for a solution to this problem and never come up with one. There has to be a solution. It seems to be a problem many have, how does TurboTax not have a solution/fix for it?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@idsareimpossible If you have not yet done so, you may try these steps to manually update Turbo Tax: Manually Update Turbo Tax

Additionally, here are the minimum system requirements for successfully running the Turbo Tax program: Turbo Tax Minimum System Requirements

@EbonyA 

Thanks for your suggestions, but those are not the issues. My system is beyond those specs and manually updating a disc is irrelevant when the downloaded up to date version does not work either. I can download the file, but it will not install. It shows it spinning for about 10 secs and then nothing. Like I said I can download the file from your website, however the disc is not even recognized as a disc, and no there is nothing wrong with my cd/dvd drive. Your software has not worked for me for 3 years, and I spent numerous hours with customer service to try to fix it. It is frustrating for me to see others have the same issues year after year and still no solution is found and only the same useless recommendations are made. I really hope tech services at Inuit are examining this issue. I would have changed software companies, however for convenience of carry forward information I have not yet, but I tempted to.

bobogle67

I cannot get past the authentication screen.  it is just blank.

my Dell laptop was purchased in December 2020.  Running Windows 10 Pro

I have tried by turning the mcafee firewall off during installation - no help.

I also tried to download the 2020 Turbotax Deluxe but i get a message that says it has been downloaded and to look in my download folder - nothing there.

What is the problem?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@bobogle67

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent for further assistance. Contact an agent

I have read a lot trying to get TurboTax to work on my computer, with no solution for me. One solution I came across may be your issue, especially given your computer is newer. Is it possible you are operating Windows 10 in S Mode? My daughter had a similar issue when she got her new laptop. Beyond this I don't have any other suggestions. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switching-out-of-s-mode-in-windows-10-4f56d9be-99ec-6983...

danarnoth

Click onto the 2020 Turbo Tax and It comes up with install updates.   I click to install and the installment window comes up and after 10 minutes nothing happens and a window comes up say error and can't tell if is a window error or Turbo tax error.   Than it kicks me off the program so I never get on the program.

Dan A

[email address removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies