The Microsoft .NET Framework helps software developers create applications quickly, efficiently, and with less code clutter. TurboTax for Windows relies heavily on the .NET Framework, so it's crucial that your .NET system files are up-to-date and functional.
TurboTax for Windows 2017 and 2018 require .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Windows 10 comes with .NET Framework 4.6.
- Windows 8 comes with .NET 4.5, with automatic updates.
- Running the Windows System File Checker
- TurboTax for Windows error: "We can't install TurboTax on your computer just yet..."
- Error: ".NET Framework Verification Tool can't be found" when installing or uninstalling TurboTax for Windows
- Error 1603: "A fatal error occurred during installation or updating"