The Microsoft .NET Framework helps software developers create applications quickly, efficiently, and with less code clutter. TurboTax for Windows relies heavily on the .NET Framework, so it's crucial that your .NET system files are up-to-date and functional.
TurboTax for Windows 2016, 2017, and 2018 require .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Windows 10 comes with .NET Framework 4.6.
- Windows 8 comes with .NET 4.5, with automatic updates.
If you encounter errors or other problems with .NET, download and run Microsoft's .NET Framework Repair Tool.
If that doesn't resolve your issue, run the System File Checker and then open Control Panel and choose Programs and Files. Open .NET Framework 4 and select Repair.
If the issue persists, download and install .NET Framework 4 from Microsoft's site.
If you receive a 4- or 5-digit Windows Installer error, we have specific help articles for your situation.
- 1324: Invalid character
- 1327: Windows Installer cannot write to the specified drive
- 1334: Error Installing C:Program FilesCommon FilesIntuitTurboTax
- 1335: Cabinet file is corrupt
- 1406: Could not write value to key
- 1601: Windows Installer service could not be accessed.
- 1603: Fatal error during installation.
- 1604: Installation suspended, incomplete.
- 1605: Unable to flush wrapper.msi
- 1618: Another installation is already in progress.
- 1625: Installation is forbidden by system policy...
- 1631: Windows Installer service failed to start...
- 1635: This update package could not be opened...
- 2203: Unexpected error installing package
- 2350: Microsoft Installer error
- 2720: Microsoft Installer error
- 4101: Another instance of setup is already running.
- 8191: Setup failure—unknown reason