turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation Code

@tgraa57  Refer to one of the methods in the following TurboTax FAQ to help resolve this issue:  TurboTax 2019 requests license activation at every ...

If you need additional assistance, please reach out to our telephone support team:  What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mrmrshoma
Returning Member

Activation Code

Hi,

First, please understand that I have called and had no luck with support, and now they do nothing but hang up on me even before speaking with me. Secondly, when I try to go to the "contact us" page, there is nothing displayed, so I can't seem to email support.

I have been trying to activate my TurboTax software on a 4th computer. I KNOW it has NOT been used more than 3 times already, but it is telling me that all 5 activations have been used. It is ridiculous.

If you look on the forums, this is a really huge issue and only some people are finding resolutions. Some have even been given new activation codes. Please help me as I have tried with your support so far and haven't had any solutions.

Thank you. -Josh

Activation Code

I downloaded 2019 TurboTax from the TurboTax. I need an activation code

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation Code

@pryzby1963  Please see the TurboTax FAQ Activating TurboTax CD/Download software for instructions on finding your code. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
331fulton

Activation Code

help.  can't get rid of activation code, 80 years old, no computer stores working here due to covid-19.  please do away with the stupid code thing.

331fulton

Activation Code

hate these people now after years of using TurboTax - please, please fix this.  

Activation Code

Removing a drive that was there when you activated turbotax can also cause this problem.

rr26
Level 1

Activation Code

Total pain in the ass. I've already completed 2 other returns and was almost done with mine when it asked for the code tonight. Ridiculous. I have no idea where my cd is.

I did request help at their website, typed in the problem and was given a phone number to call and a case number (which they never asked for). Had to go through through a whole deal explaining my problem and was told I needed to install the program again and was sent a link to a download page with an activation number to use. Had to then uninstall the old program and install the new one using the new activation code I was given. Hour and a half of my time completely wasted with this nonsense!!

I've used Turbo Tax for about 15 years, but won't be using it next year!

Activation Code

asking for activation code to open my filed 2019 account

Activation Code

You mean to open the Desktop program?    Turbo Tax asks for the License Code each time you start

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every...

Activation Code

My activation code / licence code doesn't work

Activation Code

I have recently purchased 2020, and entered the activation code. Several days later, I tried to open up 2020 and it is asking for the activation code again. I have tried everything that was suggested, and it still asks for an activation code. I had this problem with 2019, and figured out it was because I had a USB printer plugged in, and if I removed the USB it would not ask for the code anymore. But with 2020, I have nothing plugged into my computer, and it still asks for the code. Very frustrating. I have used TurboTax for years, but I am thinking of returning this and trying H&R Block. Can someone help? Again, don't give me the link to the "official solved" solution, because it is not solving anything. Thanks in advance for your help.

Activation Code

@Jimnkim Contact TurboTax support for assistance with this activation code issue

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

CO120
Returning Member

Activation Code

I had this issue in 2019. There are quite a few troubleshooting tasks available online to try. Suggest you try them first. If no success, call customer support. They had to send me a link to download the software and a new activation code as nothing else fixed it. They will do that as long as you have tried to troubleshoot first. Good luck!

Activation Code

Found another trigger for this problem in Turbotax 2020.  If my Oculus Quest 2 is plugged in to the usb port it asks me to enter the activation code again.

I'm sure TurboTax creates some kind of fingerprint based on your systems configuration when you activate it and if that fingerprint changes it asks for the activation code again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies