Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Refund Card

Once your advance is approved it can take up to 48hrs for the advance to become available to you. TurboTax will send you an email with instructions on how to set up your Turbo tax Account and start spending your advance online. It can take 5-10 days to get the physical Turbo tax Visa card. 

Tax Refund Card

Yes.  Every year,so far, if offered advance they will always issue the loan to a new turbo account and new card is issued.  I received last year as well but my confirmation email with turbo gave new acct info. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

You can only get the Refund Advance on a new Turbo Visa Debit Card. If you received a Turbo Prepaid Card last year, you’ll need to create a new account and receive a new card to receive your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you log in with the account you made last year. Please see this FAQ About receiving your Refund Advance for additional information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Refund Card

I filed January 18th and i still have not been accepted by the IRS. And i see people stating they were accepted already why?

Tax Refund Card

You havent been accepted? I filed han 18 an ive not been accepted by the irs an im not sure y

Tax Refund Card

The IRS does some "early test batches" and the people approved were part of those batches. Regular federal returns won't start processing until later today 1/27/2020.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

If you did request your refund to be sent to a card, it would be the Turbo Visa. These cards are usually issued within 21 days of your return being accepted. Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/when-will-my-refund-be-deposited-to-my-turbo-prepaid-...

Tax Refund Card

When I get my refund back

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

The IRS issues most refunds within about 21 days, although some returns may take more time to review. 

Please refer to the following help article for more information. 

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community 

Tax Refund Card

I also applied for the refund advance and received my debit card & finished account set up but I never received an email saying I was approved for the advance or anything. I’m trying to figure out how I know if I was or not. My federal return was accepted about 2 hours ago & nothing. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. The IRS usually begins processing and accepting e-filed returns in late January. 

If you have not received the refund advance email, please check your spam or junk folder.

Tax Refund Card

I was accepted by IRS earlier today... I checked Wheres My Refund on IRS and shows one orange bar and being processed. TT E-File details shows Received 1/27/2020 @ 11:59 am. I was pre approved for the advance but, being that TT shows pending, when will I get my advance? So frustrating! Pleas dont give me the 24-48 hours shpiel! 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

@Johnathonc68 Once you’ve signed up for a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card, it’ll be delivered in 5-10 business days (remember: Saturday, Sunday, and official holidays don't count as business days). Your refund will be loaded to that card once the refund is approved and the IRS schedules a deposit date. For more information, please click here. To find your direct deposit date, please track your refund by clicking this link.

@BellaNJakesMom You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. Please check your inbox and junk/spam folder. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. The IRS usually begins processing and accepting e-filed returns in late January. For more information, please click here.

Tax Refund Card

Thank you but, I received my card a week ago. My TT just updated to reflect Accepted. Now what? Am I really approved? I read a lot of people getting denial letters via email after IRS acceptance. 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

Once accepted you can track your refund by using the source provided in the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies