Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Elsan42

Tax Refund Card

Why does it show pending if I applied since Jan 12

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

If your Refund Advance is still pending you will not receive a final determination on whether you are approved for the loan until after you have filed your taxes. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on Refund Advance:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Refund Card

One year the same thing happened to me & they sent me a new card to use. That may not be the same situation so HOLD ON TO YOUR OLD one! Good Luck

•  

Tax Refund Card

One way you can check is to look at your tax return and look for the routing and account number for those 2 cards. Either way hold on to both, check status on my refund status & check your cards!

Tax Refund Card

• It will be deposited on the Turbo Visa
  •  

Tax Refund Card

In the past, mine has always been deposited on the Turbo Visa card. I would however, make sure & keep BOTH cards until deposit is confirmed

Tax Refund Card

Mine has always been deposited on the Turbo Visa. I've always assumed that the NetSpend card is just a promotion. Make sure & keep BOTH CARDS until your deposit is confirmed.

Tax Refund Card

I too assumed it was common knowledge....

Tax Refund Card

I have already filed and it says on ur website TurboTax that my federal was accepted I was pre approved for 1500 and I have not received any notice saying anything, approved or not?? When I go to irs website it still shows received not accepted yet?? So why is TurboTax telling me it was accepted but the irs isnt?? When will I get my advance???

Tax Refund Card

Obviously it will be the intuit tax visa.for the dough.you sure that the two cards came in the same envelope

Tax Refund Card

@ Cholo86 

A Moderator said it IS possible to select both cards.  Verify it's your name on both cards.   He has tried to contact you for more info and said you have not responded.    Have you checked your email to see if you received an email from a TurboTax Moderator?

If you need to verify what you chose for your refund method, you can go back into your account, open the return and walk through the FILE section and review your deposit choices (don't make any changes in  your return while it's open).  OR you can look at the deposit info shown on your return Form 1040.   Be aware that if you chose the option to pay any TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, however, the deposit account/routing numbers you see may be ones that you do not recognize, since that "pay out of refund" method uses a temporary account at a third-party bank to take out your fees and then send the rest to your debit card.

Or here's another way to check:

There should also be a summary page in your return PDF called "2019 Federal Tax Return Summary"  that should show your refund choice and deposit info.  Also a page called "Filing Instructions" should have the info.

Tax Refund Card

@Johnathonc68 
A Moderator said it is possible to select both cards.  Verify it's your name on both cards.   He has tried to contact you for more info and said you have not responded.    Have you checked your email to see if you received an email from a TurboTax Moderator?

Tax Refund Card

@Johnathonc68 

A Moderator said it is possible to select both cards. Verify it's your name on both cards. He has tried to contact you for more info and said you have not responded. Have you checked your email to see if you received an email from a TurboTax Moderator?

If you want to verify what you chose for your refund method, you can go back into your account, open the return and walk through the FILE section and review your deposit choices (don't make any changes in  your return while it's open).  OR you can look at the deposit info shown on your return Form 1040.   Be aware that if you chose the option to pay any TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, however, the deposit account/routing numbers you see may be ones that you do not recognize, since that "pay out of refund" method uses a temporary account at a third-party bank to take out your fees and then send the rest to your debit card.

Or here's another way:

If you can download your PDF, there should also be a summary page in your return PDF called "2019 Federal Tax Return Summary"  that should show your refund choice and deposit info.  Also a page called "Filing Instructions" should have the info.  

Que26
Returning Member

Tax Refund Card

Not about the card its actually the fact that ive e filed and expect and electronic direct deposit I I filed and was accepted the 14th of January. I'm wondering when will my refund hit my account?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/when-will-i-receive-my-turbo-prepaid-visa-card/00/273...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies